Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

To those that have moved on to other jobs

What do you miss most about playing Red Mage at the 75 cap?

As for me; I played Red Mage exclusively prior to the level cap increase, and I've found it difficult to adjust to constantly switching jobs. I miss being able to just gear the job I love and know best, without ever having to worry about whether I'd have an invite to whatever was going on in a given day.

I've leveled a few new jobs over the last few years, as many of us have also done.

I enjoy Puppetmaster and Thief enough, but they don't get many invites either. Furthermore, melee jobs have never really been my style.

Then Corsair is fun enough, too, but it's prohibitively expensive, and now that I've gotten myself an Omphalos bullet, I find myself constantly panicked over the possibility of accidentally firing it.

I suppose, then, what I miss most about playing Red Mage at the 75 cap is that I was able lead a very successful career in the game playing no other job. I don't like having to play several jobs and having mediocre gear for all of them. If I could go back to focusing exclusively on my favorite job, then I would without hesitation.
    (0)
    Last edited by sweetidealism; 12-04-2012 at 09:37 PM.

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    The job simply became boring to me and I literally started to pass out while playing it. During the early part of abyssea I would go out and solo mob's while the rest of the LS work on pop set's til they were rdy for me to do mine. During zone boss fight's I'd pretty much sat in the corner after trying pointlessly to land a enfeeble's.

After that I got a perle set and and started working on a Ukon. Needless to say I never pass out during event's again.
    (0)
    Last edited by tyrantsyn; 12-07-2012 at 12:12 AM.

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetidealism View Post
    What do you miss most about playing Red Mage at the 75 cap?

As for me; I played Red Mage exclusively prior to the level cap increase, and I've found it difficult to adjust to constantly switching jobs. I miss being able to just gear the job I love and know best, without ever having to worry about whether I'd have an invite to whatever was going on in a given day.

I've leveled a few new jobs over the last few years, as many of us have also done.

I enjoy Puppetmaster and Thief enough, but they don't get many invites either. Furthermore, melee jobs have never really been my style.

Then Corsair is fun enough, too, but it's prohibitively expensive, and now that I've gotten myself an Omphalos bullet, I find myself constantly panicked over the possibility of accidentally firing it.

I suppose, then, what I miss most about playing Red Mage at the 75 cap is that I was able lead a very successful career in the game playing no other job. I don't like having to play several jobs and having mediocre gear for all of them. If I could go back to focusing exclusively on my favorite job, then I would without hesitation.
    Welcome to the world of NON-Princesses, where your job doesnt guarantee you an auto invite and you actually have to have 4-5 jobs available at top condition to make yourself worthwile. This was the state for me back then at 75 because I refused to play RDM so I had to have WHM WAR COR BLM SCH properly and geared up and ready so I could fit into any situation without haveing the "RDM-auto-invite" button. Deal with it. Its funny that the situation has reversed so drasticly.

dont get me wrong, RDM is in a bad shape, but to me your lines look more like a rant that your RDM isnt getting "Auto-Invites" to everything because its just not usefull anymore in your eyes. If you really like RDM you will stick with it and still play it, like I did with WHM all the years from the beginning of FFXI when it was considered a shit healer compared to RDM at 75, till now.

RDM is still decent and good, its just not superior anymore. A good rdm with a proper cure potency set can heal a party just fine. Your debuffs still work to some extent. and you have buffs like haste, phalanx II, refresh II etc. Its still viable but you need to convince people, like I had to convince people with whm back then against rdm.
    (0)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I cant say i play rdm frequently these days, but i can say for certain its still my favorite to play, the only reason i dont play it as often is all the gear i have for it, it takes a lot of time to get all my gear out to do things.

But during those times i come on and dont want to get major things done, i just pull rdm out and go to town.

The only reason i have "moved on" to other jobs is for the sake of enjoying and playing them to some degree, the way i enjoy RDM and DRK, though those two are still more fun for me personally.
    (1)

Character
    Carth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I miss the novelty of it.

Not with being a "Princess" persay (RDM did have the luxury of not having to constantly switch jobs), but rather the ability to say "This is my main job. This is the job I worked my hardest with. This is the job that I'm most proud of". I did this for RDM, PLD, and WAR. But now since you can have all jobs capped within a month, that novelty is no longer there.
    (3)

Character
    Psxpert
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    RDM?? I almost forgot it existed!

Haven't needed(between rdm and brd) to blood-port anywhere much lately! XD

I almost never thought as leveling it up even for melee cus we all know what happens in parties :P
    (0)
    Last edited by Psxpert2011; 12-08-2012 at 06:05 AM. Reason: spelling
    "With the POWER of Taru...!"

@@@~'~~~;SYLPH WORLD;~~~,~@@@

I still play as a /RDM for what its worth. BRD/RDM baby the best little ball of awesome that RDM ever was. It is sad, sad that the entire use RDM had at the 75 cap is gained through it being a subjob. I guess I miss people the most, no invite for you ever sucks, at least I get some convert time on my BRD though...it almost feels like playing RDM at the 75 cap....except I am way more awesome.

Fix RDM SE, I am tired of outperforming my 99RDM with my 49RDM.
    (0)
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.