Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

To Devs: Fix Blu

I figure I will try this again, but there are a lot of things broken on Blu these days that need to be looked at.

1. Fix Tourbillion, Barbed Crescent, as well as other completely broken spells that do not work. I remember hearing they were fixed on the test server a while back but nothing new. They are amazing spells...fix them.

2. Blu breath spells - horrible spells! Too much mp, too much casting time, too much recast time, very little damage.

3. Some horrible durations on spells make them never seen to be used. I'm looking at you Barrier Tusk and Orcish Counterstance. You guys said there was nothing wrong with them, but no one uses it so please fix this! Change the MP/cost if you have to. I think Barrier Tusk just needs to be at least 3 minutes up on par with phalanx, though, but that's me.

4. Our spells do nothing on harder content therefore no one Blu is useless on a lot of end game content. Please do something about this.

5. VW - Oh wow!!! Fix this! We have too many proc spells to equip and have absolutely no other job in VW but to proc. I never get invited anymore for VW on Blu because its now seen as a wasted space. A fix could be to allow us to utilize all spells just in VW or something minor that won't be overpowering. In fact, this won't be overpowering at all. I don't see why we can't use all our spells all the time and just equip spells for job traits and stats. Once again, that's just me thinking.

I hope this was helpful. I really love this job, and I can't wait till the new updates/expansions come out with newer spells and what not for this job.

If anyone has anything to follow up on this please do.
    (28)

Character
    Doctorugh
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    YES! Fix potentially useful spells (barbed crescent and tourbillion), the other minor spells that are broke (sandspin,ect) can wait. Do it BEFORE adding anymore broken spells.

Breath spells COULD be useful if they worked more like white wind (faster cast time AND relies on max HP rather than current HP). Also you need to make NM less resistant.
    I couldn't agree more about buff spells like Orcish CS.
    The last two are less important imo as VW is waning and we could work around endgame content if some of the above were fixed (ie tourbillion).
    (5)

Player
    The low duration on our enhancing spells are designed to be short and sweet. On average, most of our enhancing spells are stronger than their white/black magic counterparts, but in return they last a shorter duration to compensate(few exceptions like Animated Wail). BLU won't ever get a Protect or Shell as a 30min buff spell, but in return we Cocoon(more def than protect) and Saline Coat/Magic Barrier(stacks with Shell). The style of BLU isn't to be a buffer but to be a combat mage so our enhancing spells are meant to be recast frequently in battle. 30 seconds is a bit low however I think 90 seconds or 2 minutes would be fair but 3-5min for a buff is a lot unless it has a higher MP cost or a UL spell. If they give us longer duration buffs they'd have to weaken them to white magic/black magic potency which is usually kinda low. BLU buffs are about efficiency, effect vs MP cost vs duration and for the most part, our enhancing spells are well optimized and skewed in BLU' favor vs other mage buffs. Of course I wouldn't mind paying double the MP for triumphant roar for double duration but for the mp cost, 1min of 15% attack isn't bad, it's just not worth the time to keep the spell up, though it's a decent prezerg buff.
    (1)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    The low duration on our enhancing spells are designed to be short and sweet. On average, most of our enhancing spells are spells are stronger than their white/black magic counterparts, but in return they last a shorter duration to compensate(few exceptions like Animated Wail). BLU won't ever get a Protect or Shell as a 30min buff spell, but in return we Cocoon(more def than protect) and Saline Coat/Magic Barrier(stacks with Shell). The style of BLU isn't to be a buffer but to be a combat mage so our enhancing spells are meant to be recast frequently in battle. 30 seconds is a bit low however I think 90 seconds or 2 minutes would be fair but 3-5min for a buff is a lot unless it has a higher MP cost or a UL spell. If they give us longer duration buffs they'd have to weaken them to white magic/black magic potency which is usually kinda low. BLU buffs are about efficiency, effect vs MP cost vs duration and for the most part, our enhancing spells are well optimized and skewed in BLU' favor vs other mage buffs. Of course I wouldn't mind paying double the MP for triumphant roar for double duration but for the mp cost, 1min of 15% attack isn't bad, it's just not worth the time to keep the spell up, though it's a decent prezerg buff.
    Buffs that are stronger than the whm and blm version spells? Other than occultation, animated wail, battery charge, and magic barrier (shouldnt be overwritten by cure as,, momento mori, and maybe saline coat, all other spells are lackluster.

orcish counterstance costs very low mp to use. it needs to be double for double duration. the same goes for triumphant roar. barrier tusk has a terrible duration and father barrier is the worst spell ever.

cocoon is amazing! we need more spells like it...I don't want protect and shell. we get those from subbing other jobs. we should definitely have another version of triumphant roar that affects our spells to be utilized on tougher nms... or something similar like a stance.

also, since we're battle mages, shouldn't the casting times on some of these buffs be a bit quicker than they are?
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Uhhhh what......

Buffs that are stronger than the whm and blm version spells? Other than occultation, animated wail, battery charge, and magic barrier (shouldnt be overwritten by cure as,, momento mori, and maybe saline coat, all other spells are lackluster.
    So in other words, other then our best buffs our buffs aren't the best? If that's not circular reasoning ...

The only BLU buff that I have an issue with is Triumphant Roar being such a short duration, everything else is fine.

As for the rest of your complaints, go cry a river. BLU is one of the strongest if not the strongest job in the game. Out of all the things it can do it has only one weakness, super buffed zergs. In that scenario it being a 1H DW job is what hurts just like all the other 1H jobs.

Blue Mage is sitting in doing really well, no need to have SE go about f8cking it up. Though voidwatch procs are insane and need to be fixed ASAP.
    (10)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Uhhhh what......

So in other words, other then our best buffs our buffs aren't the best? If that's not circular reasoning ...

The only BLU buff that I have an issue with is Triumphant Roar being such a short duration, everything else is fine.

As for the rest of your complaints, go cry a river. BLU is one of the strongest if not the strongest job in the game. Out of all the things it can do it has only one weakness, super buffed zergs. In that scenario it being a 1H DW job is what hurts just like all the other 1H jobs.

Blue Mage is sitting in doing really well, no need to have SE go about f8cking it up. Though voidwatch procs are insane and need to be fixed ASAP.
    Obviously, you didn't read everything and just wanted to troll like an annoying, little girl. These are all complaints that have been brought up several of times by other players more focused about this job than me.

I understand other jobs need a stronger look at more than Blu, but if you read my whole post you would realize your comments, except the vw comment, don't equate to much but bull crap.
    (1)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennotsukai View Post
    Obviously, you didn't read everything and just wanted to troll like an annoying, little girl. These are all complaints that have been brought up several of times by other players more focused about this job than me.

I understand other jobs need a stronger look at more than Blu, but if you read my whole post you would realize your comments, except the vw comment, don't equate to much but bull crap.
    Each area addressed as "please fix" ignore the fact that other spells are already super powerful; and some would have to be reduced to keep BLU from being any more "overpowered" than it currently is.

BLUs spells are designed this way for a reason; the suggestion that BLU needs these fixes to be relevant in end-game content implies that BLU itself is broken (which really only applies to BLU not being played properly with discipline and dedication), and ignores the balance aspect.

This would most assuredly result in a nerf.
    (10)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

It's just you crying to make Blue Mage stronger when it's already one of the strongest jobs in the game. Might as well have WAR and MNK asking for more damage output.

Right now BLU is balanced on the edge of severe nerfage. Look what they did to Heavy Strike on the test server, would you like them to start doing that to other things to *balance* out certain abilities becoming stronger. For anything that doesn't involve a four song, double COR rolls, embrava super zerg rush Blue Mage crush's just about every other job in the game. The sheer scope and breadth of BLU's capabilities are staggering, it can do anything and everything. And not just do everything but do everything good, better then good in some places. It's damn near the omni-job in the proper players hands, and you want SE to make it stronger? That would result in a severe nerf shortly thereafter, or have you been missing all the nerfs they've been throwing around for the past 6+ months.

The absolute best thing that could happen is SE adds a few new spells for cheaper combos, reduces the voidwatch procs, and absolutely nothing else. Possibly a slight reduction to the effects of LCF to make BLU spells a bit stronger on harder mobs without making them stronger on trash.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    where is prothescar when you need him....I know blu is good on a lot of mobs, but it still needs fixed. Blu is not overpowered... also, savael..you contradicted your original post by agreeing with me. I think you're just pissed cause I'm asking for 2 or 3 spells to have a higher duration in which SE has already said at least one spell does suck and the others they would have to think on.

This is mainly about spells guys. Completely broken spells that have potential, breath spells that are a waste of code, and just the pure lack of damage from spells on higher content keeping us from end content.

Blu will not get anymore nerfs. I promise... if they receive anymore I'll apologize and quit the game. I mean c'mon...are you guys seriously getting legion invites as blu?
    (0)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This is mainly about spells guys. Completely broken spells that have potential, breath spells that are a waste of code, and just the pure lack of damage from spells on higher content keeping us from end content.
    Poison 1 is a waste of coding after Poison II. Same with Bio 1. Dia 1. Cure 1-3. Protect/ra 1-4, Shell/ra 1-4, etc. This is what happens when a game is no longer "progressive" and becomes stagnant in old age. FFXI is not dying, but what you're seeing is gameplay engineering from when the game was actually played from Lv1-Lv75+endgame.

The argument about BLU spells being an issue doesn't work when you compare it to jobs like BLM or WHM. I don't remember the last time I casted a tier 1 nuke (tier 2 is the lowest as a proc) or tier 1 -ga, or Cures 1-3. Or Protect II. Or Boost-CHR.... Should these spells be removed just because they serve no purpose?

Yes, there are areas in BLU, like any job, which could be improved (cough, BLU procs, cough). But to suggest somehow that BLU needs to be fixed is simply wrong.
    (8)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast