Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Petition to be put back on dagger

There are only 2 daggers I truthfully care about. The first is Mandau.

But we are already on Mandau. This is true, but for being on Mandau we don't really get good use out of it. When you offhand a Relic, you get absolutely nothing out of it besides it's DPS rating. Why is it that the only job that can Dual Wield Relics, RDM, doesn't get +80 attack from Excal/Mandau? Offhand Mandau with just the +40 attack at lvl 99 would be a welcome addition to RDM to make up for our attack deficiency from our B in Swords and Dagger.

The second dagger is Coruscanti. 15 DEX + 5% crit + 10% chance to cap Attack/Defense ratio. This is basically the reason why I don't finish my Almace is because we can't use this as an offhand.

Why are RDM dagger offhands so bad and why are we not on more useful daggers?
    (10)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    Why are RDM dagger offhands so bad and why are we not on more useful daggers?
    It's a mystery! Just like, why does PUP have access to so much mage gear, but virtually no DD gear?
    (7)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    It's a mystery! Just like, why does PUP have access to so much mage gear, but virtually no DD gear?
    This one is easy. PUP originally had a C- in H2H and was designed as a "mage" similar to BRD. Instead of songs / spells they would use JA's that would control their robot who had A rated skills and was considered much stronger. SE figured PUP would go /WHM and support from the backline while controlling their robot. That is how disconnected they were with their playbase at that time.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Player
    I had given up hope for daggers a while back, but I think SE, for at least a split second, remembered RDM could use them, when they put us on the 2nd best dagger RDM currently has access to.

That being said, I agree, would be nice to see us have a better access to daggers, since we broke 75 RDM forgot how to use any good daggers outside of Mandau.
    (6)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    There seems to be a theme with how weapons have gone since after abyssea ended and VW pick up. It's very noticeable on WAR where the job use to be on a lot more Scythe's and Great Sword's. But now, their almost on none of them. More than likely it's just funneling effect to put job's on there ideal weapon's. And to give them a advantage over another job when using them. And of course there's always balance to take into account.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    There seems to be a theme with how weapons have gone since after abyssea ended and VW pick up. It's very noticeable on WAR where the job use to be on a lot more Scythe's and Great Sword's. But now, their almost on none of them. More than likely it's just funneling effect to put job's on there ideal weapon's. And to give them a advantage over another job when using them. And of course there's always balance to take into account.
    Only problem with that theory is that RDM is is equally good with both dagger and sword.

We can't be funneled out of one in favor of the other because our skill in one is just as good as in the other.
    (2)

Player
    Honestly I wouldn't complain about the dagger problem at all, if they bumped up our sword to an A- or so, then it would make a bit more sense that our prominent weapon would be the sword, with a few daggers here & there, kinda like with WAR and its relationship with Great Sword. WAR can use Ragnarok, but not any ToM weapons, and its choices dropped off after 75, the same with RDM and dagger, where we can use Mandau, but after 75 our choices dropped off, and we have no access to ToM weapons.
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post
    Only problem with that theory is that RDM is is equally good with both dagger and sword.

We can't be funneled out of one in favor of the other because our skill in one is just as good as in the other.
    Honestly though dagger WS's kinda suck. MS @99 and Exten are ~ok~ but not that great when compared to CDC or Req.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Player
    I have thought about making Mandau to see its power vs Excalibur's, but thats far off atm anyways, sounds like it may not be worth it.
    (0)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunrider View Post

Most RDM's I've ever seen have always off handed a dagger and main handed sword. Either a Excalibur, Almace, or some type of OAT/DA sword. And mind you I'm not saying RDM isn't good with a dagger, and they shouldn't be on them. But they definitely gain more from a sword than a Dagger.

With that being said a WAR can do great things with Resolution, but have been pretty much left off all sorts of new GS. You know how awesome it would be if they could use Borealis. But still we have the same case of job's being funnel towards their perspective weapons. And left off other's that they could benefit from or just enjoy.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast