Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I'm trying to figure out how PUP and DRK made it on to Aphotic Kukri but not RDM... I mean you guys are on the sword but sometimes i think SE really doesn't remember RDM and Dagger D:
    (0)

Character
    Atmosk
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    As someone who favors swords for rdm I am happy that we got some dev comments supporting the use of RDMs and sword. I mean while I am happy for this for my own biased personal reasons (I think swords are cooler then daggers). I think this shows SE is trying to wrap their head around itemization appropriate for rdm, which could only improve things for RDMs. I mean while I don't advocate RDM being a front line job (i love being a enfeebler!) I do think in "theory" its a job that should have a dagger or sword equipped with appropriate stats to boost RDMs job requirements, not a club or a staff. Really, though to date their are very limited options for RDM to have a "mage" based sword or dagger (accept maybe Sanus Ensis). What exacerbates this situation is even if they use mage focused dagger or a sword we also have crap options for our shield slot (accept Genbus shield with enchantments on it). So if SE really has decided RDM is primarily a "sword user" it could be really great because we may finally get some swords appropriate for RDMS with stats to boost maged based functional roles.

What I find really odd about this is if you look at weapon skills SE has favored RDMs access to Dagger based weapon skills by giving rdm native access to Aeolian Edge and not to Sanguine Blade.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    I'm trying to figure out how PUP and DRK made it on to Aphotic Kukri but not RDM... I mean you guys are on the sword but sometimes i think SE really doesn't remember RDM and Dagger D:
    Some goofball treated Aphotic Kukri exactly like a level 20 Kukri rather than a high level item. The jobs on it are determined by item type rather than how much use a job would get out of it. Bard can't even use it!

I like to think the Development Bro responsible is the same guy who made Ophidian Trident rather than Ophidian Lance or Ophidian Sharpened-Stick-With-492-Delay.
    (2)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    We’d like to increase the amount of equipment choices such as marksmanship weapons for thief, daggers for red mage, which current gear has not covered well, and new equipment such as grips with delay +.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...600#post466600
    (2)

Character
    Duelle
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    I hope that includes more melee gear and also swords.
    (0)
    * The sad thing is that FFXIV turned RDM into a turret, and people think that's what it's supposed to be. It's supposed to combine sword and magic into something more, not spend the bulk of gameplay spamming spells and jump into melee for only 3 GCDs before scurrying back to the back line.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Duelle View Post
    I hope that includes more melee gear and also swords.
    If it doesn't, it will only mean that RDM being on daggers will be meaningless. I mean already to have a good TP set I have to TP in gear from Pre-Adoulin, missing out on the DEF, STR, DEX & such on TP gear, not to mention just flat out Attack & Accuracy, Double Attack, Dual Wield, and so on. The only new piece of TP gear we have actually gotten in all of Adoulin is Buremte Gloves I believe. If they give us more TP gear, RDM could make use of the daggers.

Note: I don't count things like the 10% Haste Belt as new because its the same jobs as Phos, as would be expected thanks to Phos being used to make it. Also, All Jobs items do not count in my opinion because they are all jobs, not specifically given to RDM, but everyone in the game.
    (1)

what i've done is upgrade from the +7 phos to the +9 pyah ekue, then used that to "downgrade" from 4% bregos to 3% bokwus, augmented with accuracy attack and dex. (bokwus gloves don't need any augment to be a really strong cure piece, and no amount of augmenting will make them the best nuking or enfeebling piece. so i'm not losing much by melee augmenting them.)

then i got the uk'uxkaj however you spell that boots from hurkan (via order up) which allowed me to swap the augment on my bokwus boots from an enfeebling piece (since i now enfeeble in uk'uxkaj) to another acc/att/dex +3% haste piece, improving over my old dusk+1 boots.

i'm also considering replacing my zelus tiara/kudzu aketon pair with a nahtirah head and hagondes body. though i'm not sure if this is actually beneficial. it would break even on haste, end up at about +24 str +34 dex +4 att +24 acc and allow me to TP in an autorefresh2 body, for whatever that's worth.

but i'd end up DOWN 3% DA and 5 store tp.

i feel like if i get something out of all that dex/acc it would be worth it. also it's +138 defense and +64 evasion, again, for whatever that's worth.

so there's at least some improvements to be made if you're creative. though i agree... dunno why they don't just put RDM on the damn schneddick/thurandaut/manihbozo sets.
    (1)
    Last edited by Doombringer; 09-03-2013 at 04:11 AM.

Player
    Well actually I just adjusted my TP set last night and made an alternative set as well.

The disturbing part about these sets is that compared to our old one, our DPS actually goes down. Every other job got a boost in DPS on top of massive defensive stats and other things, however a RDM trying to melee has to choose between the best DMG we can get, or this new gear with a lot of very helpful survival stats. With everything RDM already has to deal with when trying to DD, a WS with an Attack Penalty, forced /NIN, no offensive job traits, having to completely rebuff every 12 or so minutes, and the fact we get left out of almost all light DD gear, I think this is a bit unfair for us.
    (1)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4