Character
    Venat
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Lets have Job Dungeons

1 Job=1 Dungeon

Dungeon that can only be accessed by players with the required Job.
    Full party of WHMs can only enter this dungeon and return they get some fancy WHM gear. Would cover.. sleeping, Holy, Curing, Club WS's.
    (14)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I actually kinda like the idea, although I think it would be more appropriate as soloing grounds. Many lowman groups would have trouble finding several people on exactly that job to join them for it.

Some kind of new job refinement option that takes the form of a dungeon progression would be interesting, and they could adjust them to play exactly into the strengths and possibilities of that one job, which should be a lot easier to adjust and be less prone to abuse.
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    (0)

Character
    Mayoress
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 85
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokithor View Post
    No, because with the exception of pup attachments, the gear dropped is horrible and way out of date.
    (3)

Character
    Yru
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'd like to see more Job-specific missions, myself. Maat serves as an epic duel, but for many jobs it doesn't really reflect your ability perform do your usual function. "Cure these NPCs" for WHM would be cool. Maybe give SCH a monster that switches from friend to foe and back so they'd have to switch between healing/nuking. THF could have a stealth mission where SA deals more damage than usual, or one-shots. SAM would require skillchaining with an NPC, as the monster could only be defeated that way.

I remember talking about a lot of this before. It's fun imagining what they could do. FFIV Advance/PSP has this: scenarios that test each character's mettle and teaches you a little more about them in the process. Rosa (the WHM) needed to run around an illusory town and heal certain NPCs within a time limit, and healing the wrong ones initiated a battle. I'd love to see something like that.
    (2)

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldersyde View Post
    No, because with the exception of pup attachments, the gear dropped is horrible and way out of date.
    Even then, Ob is arguably a better source. So the attachments, not being unique to the ENM, aren't a selling point either really.
    (0)

Character
    Limecat
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I always did like how some jobs have special hidden win conditions for their first Maat fight. Some could even be timed puzzle/event type deals that don't really involve much or any combat but require creative use of a job's abilities. Just off the top of my head:

A raft ride as RNG where you have to spot and shoot targets as they pop up along the banks before they're out of range, getting rewarded based on your final score. Various foils could interfere with this as well.

As WHM, mass healing thing where you have to throw cures and status removals. Allow for use of the bars to try and prevent them, even. Hahaha, maybe make it some weird cooking competition where all the food is horrible and you're trying to keep the judges alive.

A brick breaking game as MNK, but instead of bricks it's the Death Wall, and as you attack it you shatter layers. More keep sliding into the room and pushing you back, and speed up with time. You try to stay un-crushed for as long as possible.

Library chaos as SCH. The books are all possessed and are flapping around, and to get them back on the shelves you have to hit them with spells while a certain grimoire is active or sometimes with a specific stratagems applied. It'd work vaguely like a slower-paced rhythm game. As the cues come up you need to change grims or pop strats then continue casting on the books moving around the room.

I don't know, probably more work that it's worth but it could be neat.
    (10)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Venat View Post
    1 Job=1 Dungeon

Dungeon that can only be accessed by players with the required Job.
    Full party of WHMs can only enter this dungeon and return they get some fancy WHM gear. Would cover.. sleeping, Holy, Curing, Club WS's.
    Sounds great, with sub jobs even pure melee jobs should have no problem given NIN, DNC, SAM subjob options.

White Mages would be particularly fun (provided you could find a whole group) because one or two of the White Mages could gear a backline centric approach, while the rest go melee heavy. The real challenge would be getting two to six other players...

Quote Originally Posted by Aldersyde View Post
    Spirit Lantern seems like it could be hot stuff with Meteor.

Quote Originally Posted by Yrusama View Post
    I'd like to see more Job-specific missions, myself. Maat serves as an epic duel, but for many jobs it doesn't really reflect your ability perform do your usual function.
    There are plenty of ways for a White Mage to cure bomb through certain missions, there are stealth based missions for WotG, and Samurai already has plenty of opportunities to self-skillchain.

In fact, I'd be somewhat insulted at this point if a White Mage fight didn't have some damage dealing of some sort involved, even if only to provide a real challenge to all the dual box trashmages out there whose only experience with a Club is procing in Abyssea and using a Tefnut Wand, although ideally to have a full width of what the job can do.

Yeah, I know that most people will never bother to really fight something on a White Mage, but jobs with more varied abilities should be able to use them in any fight designed specifically for them, even if it is just an option. Black Mages can still have a challenged that involves nuking the crap out of an aspirable target, melee jobs can have fights that involve zerging or skillchains, and jobs with ranged options can have fights tailored to that, but I believe more hybrid able jobs should have that reflected upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Limecat View Post
    As WHM, mass healing thing where you have to throw cures and status removals. Allow for use of the bars to try and prevent them, even. Hahaha, maybe make it some weird cooking competition where all the food is horrible and you're trying to keep the judges alive.
    While an all cure method for completion should be acceptable, hammering the poisoned food before the judges can eat it should be able to make the fight easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Limecat View Post
    A brick breaking game as MNK, but instead of bricks it's the Death Wall, and as you attack it you shatter layers. More keep sliding into the room and pushing you back, and speed up with time. You try to stay un-crushed for as long as possible.
    No Monk tailored fight is complete without the inclusion of a giant locomotive they have to defeat before it runs them over.
    (2)
    Last edited by Economizer; 01-03-2013 at 03:28 AM.

Character
    Muras
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    I really like this idea as well, especially for the fact that it'd allow jobs to use more diverse support jobs. I imagine a lot of the job specific dungeons would have monsters that target that particular job's weakness (Such as PLDs lack of magic damage and lower attack). You'd see more uncommon combos for sure, such as PLD/SCH since it'd be the only way for PLDs to gain a more reliable way of dealing elemental damage. Or DRK/mages for main healers/nukers (Which would actually work well with Entropy for unlimited MP in such an event), or SCH/WAR melees. It sounds weird, to be sure, but it's something that's actually different from previous events which is a good thing in my books.

As Arcon mentioned, I imagine the event would be more of a 6 person event at max given how annoying it might be to find people with the right mains and support jobs available for the specific roles needed. But as that survey Matsui had us do back in August showed, I think lowman type stuff is exactly what most people want, so I doubt anyone would have problems with this.
    (1)

Character
    Toadie
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I like this idea too, especially if it allowed people to experiement, stretch their wings, and really test the limits of the job. I have played SCH/WAR to complete staff trials and discovered it's very fun. I would like to see a dungeon environment that encouraged thinking out of the box and getting players to try different things.
    (1)
    Each person is an individual being, capable of independent thought and unique emotion, deserving respect, dignity, and compassion in all things, at all times, and in all places.

To do anything else denies the self of its humanity.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast