Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyeballed View Post
    Don't get jealous now. But seriously, if I wanted to get a mission done and my leader was having trouble filling the spots, I sure as shit wouldn't opt out for "beer and Netflix" while someone else did their best to recruit the remainder and then have the audacity to come out and complain that the leader didn't fill the group fast enough. When will you kids learn that life just doesn't drop into your lap while you sit around scratching your balls and stroking your cat?

I mean, if a small fire erupted in your house do you get a bucket of water/fire extinguisher or call the fire department and wait outside?

DO SOMETHING!!!
    You're quite dense. I wasn't complaining that "that the leader didn't fill the group fast enough". I was complaining that a shitty system existed that forced him to look for people for that long because there were no compatible jobs available. Try to follow the topic.

And WTF are you trying to tout a better work ethic than me now? You better save that crap for someone who cares. I play my video games for fun, I always scratch my balls and drink beer while I'm doing it and I still do great
    (7)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 12-16-2012 at 07:15 AM.

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Your quite dense. I wasn't complaining that "that the leader didn't fill the group fast enough". I was complaining that a shitty system existed that forced him to look for people for that long because there were no compatible jobs available. Try to follow the topic.

And WTF are you trying to tout a better work ethic than me now? You better save that crap for someone who cares. I play my video games for fun, I always scratch my balls and drink beer while I'm doing it and I still do great
    The reason it took FOURTEEN HOURS to fill the group has a lot more to do with a lack of organizational skills from all parties involved and a lack of member participation to rectify said dilemma rather than a problem with the "system" which is apparently flawed in all ways that does not magically fill your party slots for you whilst you engage in other activities that you obviously hold in higher regard. I'm dense? Coming from you, that's quite a compliment; I didn't think you had it in you.

But go on, drink your beer and watch your films and keep bitching until they put an AUTO-WIN button right next to PLAY GAME at startup, so in the days you have better things to do, you can still get something accomplished. Regarding your last statement, apparently these two choice activities (amongst sleeping, of all things) didn't work out too well for you.

The proof is in the pudding, and you sir are the fucking Bill Cosby of "What's Wrong with MMO's Today?"
    (1)

Character
    Carth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    The reason it took FOURTEEN HOURS to fill the group has a lot more to do with a lack of organizational skills from all parties involved and a lack of member participation to rectify said dilemma rather than a problem with the "system" which is apparently flawed in all ways that does not magically fill your party slots for you whilst you engage in other activities that you obviously hold in higher regard. I'm dense? Coming from you, that's quite a compliment; I didn't think you had it in you.

But go on, drink your beer and watch your films and keep bitching until they put an AUTO-WIN button right next to PLAY GAME at startup, so in the days you have better things to do, you can still get something accomplished. Regarding your last statement, apparently these two choice activities (amongst sleeping, of all things) didn't work out too well for you.

The proof is in the pudding, and you sir are the fucking Bill Cosby of "What's Wrong with MMO's Today?"
    This is an idiotic argument. Sorry Mr. Nostalgia, but back in those days, the same thing happened to me (except after hour #8 I just gave up). It's not because "you weren't trying hard enough", but the playerbase was so dumb back then that unless they needed the same quest, they aren't willing to inconvenience themselves to help others.

Specifically, my situation was the Savage Blade NM quest. I was completely ready for the quest, but I needed others to open the weighted doors. Now take a step back and realize this was in 2005, and back in those days, we didn't even have a clue how to properly grind for EXP. This is why it's no surprise that the majority of the playerbase believed you needed an alliance for the quest purely because you needed to the open the weighted doors in Quicksand caves and race to gate (this is because no one knew you had 30 minutes to go in after the gate opened). Damn near every fansite and the wiki stated this, and it was further solidified when my Sky LS told me the same thing, and they specifically postponed doing the quest for me for this false fact.

This is doubly true with CoP. You can argue that Frank should've asked his linkshell for help, but you're completely missing the point if you are. It doesn't excuse the fact that the playerbase as a whole were idiots, and unless they have a guide sitting in front of them, doing a PUG in CoP was asking for failure. I know this because I specifically became the CoP leader for my old linkshell when it was still capped, because I needed members to get my CoP missions done, but everyone else were stuck on the Promyvion missions because for some reason, there's always only 2 out of 6 members that actually feel assed enough to come prepared and have their "Make this boss retarded" items, so I had to make a strict guide showing that everyone needed to bring their items and the party setups were the most optimal.

The reason why it's so hard to get members in the first place is because the people that actually have CoP done doesn't dare do them again because they don't want to farm the items needed just to simply help out (this is why SE eventually allowed Anima and other "boss rape" items to be buyable on the AH). I can't blame them either. Who wants to waste their time getting items and a proper job and proper equipment(pre-level sync) for someone else, when your chances of success aren't guaranteed?

No matter how you slice it, this is terrible design, and the level sync mechanics only mildly curbed this problem. This is why SE uncapped CoP, because they realized the people who already have their Rajas were not going back to help other people, and as the game became more top-heavy, there were even less low levels that were available to form CoP parties.
    (8)
    Last edited by Carth; 12-15-2012 at 10:05 PM.

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    This is an idiotic argument.
    You know what's even more idiotic?, You're defending the non-efforts of Bill with a blast against the whole community. Way to pass the buck. The more you people talk, it's as if you're claiming you couldn't do a damn thing in this game because you're smarter than everyone else - whatever intelligence has to do with motivation, I don't know. I suppose this makes those of you on that side of the fence stars among retards?

Whether in 1905, 2005, or 2055 your outlook is trash.
    (0)

Character
    Carth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    You know what's even more idiotic?, You're defending the non-efforts of Bill with a blast against the whole community. Way to pass the buck. The more you people talk, it's as if you're claiming you couldn't do a damn thing in this game because you're smarter than everyone else - whatever intelligence has to do with motivation, I don't know. I suppose this makes those of you on that side of the fence stars among retards?

Whether in 1905, 2005, or 2055 your outlook is trash.
    Cherrypick fallacy.

You decided to pull a statement out of context and therefore use that as a main argument in order to make yourself look like you have a winning argument, when in fact you have nothing.

If you're going to make a rebuttal, make an actual argument instead of trying to make yourself look like a bleeding heart.
    (6)

Character
    Eyeballed
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Carth View Post
    Cherrypick fallacy.

You decided to pull a statement out of context and therefore use that as a main argument in order to make yourself look like you have a winning argument, when in fact you have nothing.

If you're going to make a rebuttal, make an actual argument instead of trying to make yourself look like a bleeding heart.
    Read back. The original argument was not against mission design or the (restrictive) requirements thereof. It was, however, against the pervading tactics of a group member who conveniently blames the aforementioned "design flaws" when he states himself he did nothing on his own part to alleviate the problem. This distorts his claim of what the real problem might be, and in the very least does not well support his case.

And funnily enough, you go on to add that it's not only these strict requirements that inhibit progression, but also the community of mongoloids you're forced to play with.

Edit: Why did you ever play this game again, either of you? I'm seriously at a loss for understanding.
    (1)
    Last edited by Eyeballed; 12-16-2012 at 01:36 AM.

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You would have to be pretty retarded to think that I hadn't already mentioned to my shell / friends that I was attempting to do the quest and I really don't see how having two people shout for the same thing in the same zone (this was before /yell when everyone stayed in one place). I mean you're really just going on about how much better you are at forming groups and that completely goes against your argument that people who want old school style play can't find groups.
    (3)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Eyeballed is the most entertaining nostalgia troll ever, more so than Rosina. I'm glad he's posting again.
    (4)

Nostalagie is the only good thing this game has to offer >.>
    (2)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    If you really think that, you're missing out on a lot of content.
    (3)

Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast