Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    While some of the Abj gear is amazing like Iaso Head/Feet, I have to say the price for -1s are very, very, deterring.
    This is a result of less materials being available, and some of those materials are from Legion alone. While the prices are incredibly spiked, the value of gil has decreased as an inflation has occurred from NPCing items being an increased phenomena. Also, getting the craft skill level to do these synths is a huge investment. However, at least it is much easier nowadays to make 1M than it was when Abyssea first released.

Edit: Implied that making 1M is easier to make, thus the cost of the items isn't as hard as it seems.
    (2)
    Last edited by Cyprias; 11-29-2012 at 10:11 AM.

Character
    Bigdave
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I think they should allow certain 3rd party aps like wow does and the updates since june and july have been nothing but let downs to me personally I am sick of the lets make our weapons weaker cause some one else was whining and put my mandua back on top of the relic parser for dot both my emperian weapons and relic have been greatly reduced since I got them hopefully next year they will quit doing that to us
    (5)

Character
    Krash
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Seeing what Square Enix is as company today, Its sad to say many members have really given up and moved on. You guys at Square Enix really should've just made Final Fantasy 11 more better and not "Try" to make another MMO, All that money wasted and spent that could've made Final Fantasy 11 so much more then it is today. There's not many that want to start over and that's what you are telling us to do. Numbers work on the offline games but they kinda don't when they're online your biggest mistake. Final Fantasy 17 online anyone?
    (17)

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I for one am very encouraged by the words of the new director. Sometimes you wonder if SE knows whats really going on in the game from an average player's perspective, as it seems like it is tailored around pleasing the top 1%. But assuming SE follows through on their words, I will give them time to adjust and look forward to the changes.
    (3)

Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Just make sure you add some new world spawn hnms to go along with the new expansion, there is after all people who still want this content.
    (1)

Character
    Brians
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 12
    People crying about PD/Embrava nerf should lose posting privileges. The abilities are stupidly broken, and events will be designed around these stupidly broken abilities or there will be no challenge unless it's stupid cheap things like AoE death moves, instead of adapting to changes in mob behavior like what was done before.

With PD and Embrava getting the nerf, newer content won't be designed around them so much.
    (12)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Krashport View Post
    Seeing what Square Enix is as company today, Its sad to say many members have really given up and moved on. You guys at Square Enix really should've just made Final Fantasy 11 more better and not "Try" to make another MMO, All that money wasted and spent that could've made Final Fantasy 11 so much more then it is today. There's not many that want to start over and that's what you are telling us to do. Numbers work on the offline games but they kinda don't when they're online your biggest mistake. Final Fantasy 17 online anyone?
    FFXI has always held a niche, and a reasonably small community of dedicated followers. It's not a mainstream MMO by any means, and it's growing smaller with each passing day because of all the people who are leaving. Lots of players, including myself, strongly dislike a lot of systems FFXI currently has in place (shitty drop%, Voidwatch, events that only support specialized jobs, etc) and we've left because of that. Not only that, but the game came of age a long time ago and the technology that it was built for is long past. It needs a major overhaul, especially to compete with all of the MMOs coming out in the market today.

I think that supporting FFXI for the long term probably would've been a good idea, but (in my opinion) doing so would've been a huge risk. They'd need to do a lot of things (that are part of my opinion and thoughts, of course) before FFXI could ever become mainstream.

-Make the game more accessible to new players jumping into the game.
    -Improve the presence of solo content in the game, as well as adjust the difficulty of existing content.
    -Fix all of the systems currently in place for the 99 cap, which are still tailored to the 75 cap.
    -Drop PS2 support and as a platform entirely. Get rid of it, and the limitations that come with it.
    -Give the engine a huge overhaul, or put the game on a new client entirely.
    -Give us a new, easily-moddable UI (every other MMO does this, quite literally, with the ability to move/add components)
    -Be more in contact with the playerbase and actually take EVERY piece of criticism into consideration, not just JP.
    -Adjust the pace/flow of the combat system. A new UI would help us with displayable icons for macros/JAs, instead of having to navigate the shitty little menu we've had for 10 years.

They need to do a LOT to this game before it can be considered mainstream. And, with their release of FFXIV: ARR coming early next year, I think that SE is ready to support their new game for a decade, and keep FFXI on the side on semi life-support. The game has been stagnant for months now, and unless the new development team picks up the pace, I don't think a lot of people will be around for Seekers of Adoulin in 2013.
    (13)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by larrymc View Post
    I for one am very encouraged by the words of the new director. Sometimes you wonder if SE knows whats really going on in the game from an average player's perspective, as it seems like it is tailored around pleasing the top 1%. But assuming SE follows through on their words, I will give them time to adjust and look forward to the changes.
    FFXI never tailor around pleasing top 1%, at least not post abyssea era when majority of content are not for hardcore(abyssea, meeble, new limbus, VW are not for hardcore).
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Meh, I'm not rushing for the Like button just yet. I did on the first post requesting player feedback, but the only announced changes since then have been massive disappointments to me. I'll wait for some actions rather than just the appeasement words.

If you really want to show you're listening to player feedback, make a decision and announce that you're canceling that heinous RDM Poopy Seal SP ability tomorrow. I don't even care if you have a suggested replacement.

As far as the content of the message, if it goes anywhere, I support the idea of point systems and solo or low-man content. Nothing is worse in any game than organizing large groups of people, waiting, waiting, waiting, to just repeat the same damn battle 1000 times and get nothing from it.

Also, I don't buy the "my job is hard" stuff. Stop that.
    (6)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Return1 View Post
    People crying about PD/Embrava nerf should lose posting privileges. The abilities are stupidly broken, and events will be designed around these stupidly broken abilities or there will be no challenge unless it's stupid cheap things like AoE death moves, instead of adapting to changes in mob behavior like what was done before.

With PD and Embrava getting the nerf, newer content won't be designed around them so much.
    Yeah, the problem is that those mobs all still have AoE death moves and people don't want to wait a year or two only to find out that the next event they come out with is just more AoE death moves. Just because SE has nerfed embrava doesn't mean that they suddenly hired smart devs who will make events that don't revolve around AoE death anymore. It just means that they nerfed embrava/PD.

Once again the Devs fixed a problem by taking the easy route and nerfed a couple of jobs instead of making the shitty jobs better. The idea of making content that is insanely hard for most of the 2,000 people on each server just so the other 20-30 people who are really good at this game can go a week or two longer without getting bored is not an economically viable approach and quite frankly it's getting old.

When your car needs new tires you don't pull off the old ones and drive around on the wheels making sparks everywhere for a few months while you slowly buy a full set of new ones. You get the new tires ready first. Same thing applies here. You make the new content that is geared towards the weaker abilities. Then you fix the old content. Then you nerf / boost the necessary abilities. Then you release them in conjunctiuon so that the user doesn't suffer through the entire process. Especially when you do thigs as god awful slow as SE does.

They could take away those death moves and other cheap tactics and leave embrava/PD as they were and the end result would be that 1,000-2,000 diehards got bored (they are bored anyways) while the other 200,000 people playing the game had a more enjoyable experience.

This company has serious issues with prioritizing work. They keep adding more and more broken junk without fixing the broken crap they already added and it's all going to snowball into an avalanche of crap. Working on an expansion and new jobs at this point when so many events / jobs are crap is tantamount to making a road map that says "Quit the game for a while --------------------------> hopefully you'll return when seekers comes out?".
    (18)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 11-29-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast