Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Rafien
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Intelligent Casting Attachment

With the newer upgrade, when we cast spells such as silence, we receive a note if it's possible to even silence the mob, when we fail. This is a great addition, in my opinion.

But it'll be nice to see the puppet realize it's not possible. Yesterday I was killing CC and the entire time he refused to stop casting silence, which the fish is immune to. Either make the puppet some what intelligent and have it stop casting spells that are not possible to land, or give us an attachment that prevents it. Maybe cast once after that it learns it the target is immune and stops trying.
    (9)

Not a pup, but I fully agree. If a mob is entirely immune to something, it should definitely be possible to customise the AI so that it does not continue to use it.

Anything else would just be... unfair, really.
    (2)

Character
    Helyos
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Question for the OP. Did you have scanner equipped? That attachment usually makes it so the automaton checks resist rates of a spell before it decides to cast it.
    (0)

Character
    Zijder
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I agree with the OP, we (still) need better casting AI. Silencing mobs that have mp but never cast (crabs etc.) yet never silencing mobs that use songs/ninjitsu because they don't have mp, or not casting Cursna when doomed, needs to be fixed.

These are fundamental AI problems and should be fixed at the AI level and not by an attachment. We shouldn't have to choose between a less stupid automaton or optic fibre/ice maker/etc.
    (2)

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Scanner will not stop the puppet from casting spells to which the target is immune. I think it may be because a monster like Cirein-Croin doesn't necessarily have wind resistance, it's just immune to silence like all bosses these days. Scanner, as far as I know, just checks for resistances. Therefore, it wouldn't know to not cast silence, because the target doesn't have any wind resistance to deter it.
    (5)

Character
    Psion
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Automatons also, when i left, don't notice elemental aborbances. For instance, the custard in nyzul (was it cinnamon?) that absorbs fire, but flans are normally weak to fire, so oniwaka would cast fire V on it, bringing its hp back to full. >.< Don't remember scanner ever stopping that.

Scanner also didn't help with the ghosts in limbus. They weren't resistant to ice, but instead had a -50% damage reduction from ice element. But because they didn't resist ice, oniwaka would cast his highest level spell (at the time it was blizzard V), instead of choosing fire V for far higher damage.

Scanner needs to be able to also sense elemental absorbance and elemental damage reduction, because without it the auto is terrible at nuking certain mobs.
    (6)

Character
    Dekar
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I also had a problem where the automaton would cast silence on a monster that has MP but doesn't cast magic. I thought they fixed that a while ago. Then again, been a few months since I played around with it.
    (0)

Character
    Rafien
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    @Dekar, no, the automation will still cast silence on crabs. If the mob has MP, it'll cast silence regardless if the mob uses spells or not.
    (0)

Hello!

In order for your trusty automaton to determine enemies' resistances, it's not enough to just equip a scanner! Try using an ice maneuver after equipping a scanner.
    (8)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Love the knowledge bombs. Tell more secrets! Btw I'm not a pup.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast