Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    the automaton should really just do this anyway, without a special attachment. Honestly, does SE think the automaton is too powerful if it doesn't waste its time casting spells that will do nothing?
    (9)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    the automaton should really just do this anyway, without a special attachment. Honestly, does SE think the automaton is too powerful if it doesn't waste its time casting spells that will do nothing?

yes

10char.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Given some of the "helpful hints" that pop up from time to time, I suspect SE thinks more than a few players waste time casting spells that do nothing and that it would be weird if automatons did not.
    (3)

So we're back to a "You don't know how to play the job correctly" response. I'm having deja vu from when they said this about the damage gauge attachment and light maneuvers, yet the entire AI was largely overworked months after. They weren't totally wrong, but missed the point that the system was inherently flawed by setting debuffs before cures.

The simple fact is maneuvers are designed to dictate too much of how automatons react through WS, magic, attachment JAs, and AI. Activating 1 maneuver can counter what you're trying to do through other maneuvers, such as flame holder boosting a WS's damage, then the auto uses a terrible WS because the AI is also based on the same system.
    (6)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello!

In order for your trusty automaton to determine enemies' resistances, it's not enough to just equip a scanner! Try using an ice maneuver after equipping a scanner.
    or you could just know your monster weakensses before hand and just manipulate your pup into specific nukes based on maneuvers and not waste an ice attachment slot.........
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlord View Post
    So we're back to a "You don't know how to play the job correctly" response. I'm having deja vu from when they said this about the damage gauge attachment and light maneuvers, yet the entire AI was largely overworked months after. They weren't totally wrong, but missed the point that the system was inherently flawed by setting debuffs before cures.

The simple fact is maneuvers are designed to dictate too much of how automatons react through WS, magic, attachment JAs, and AI. Activating 1 maneuver can counter what you're trying to do through other maneuvers, such as flame holder boosting a WS's damage, then the auto uses a terrible WS because the AI is also based on the same system.
    problem is the manuver thing is in part in response to player requests to have more control over our little buddies with the spindly legs. In other words, we asked not to have it just on autopilot. The real issue is leaving things automatic results in stupid actions, what we have with the manuver/attachments system results in not enough control; giving us full control results in reducing player DPS, meaning an extra 1-2 seconds to kill our prey (also the possibility of being caught in a cooldown timer more often, i.e. needing to call for a cure but too busy hitting earth to put stoneskin back up). Honestly, this could get as ugly as all the rdms pointing fingers at eachtother about what the job is...
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Glamdring View Post
    problem is the manuver thing is in part in response to player requests to have more control over our little buddies with the spindly legs. In other words, we asked not to have it just on autopilot.
    The maneuver system has worked this way since day one (just with dumber AI). Also, maneuvers should be on a 0 timer with 0 after delay but that's a separate issue. I'd much rather have a system where we can control our automatons on a more fundamental level. But at the very least, we shouldn't be counteracting ourselves by needing to bypass yet another AI obstacle (in this case ice forces nukes, as well as activating the scanner's modified AI). A gambit system allowing players to modify puppet AI to fit their own need would be sheer win, and not be unbalanced.
    (2)

Player
    Might be wrong, not a PUP, but doesn't the BLM head have a built in Scanner? I know it has one of the attachments built into it, pretty sure it's Scanner.
    (0)

@ Oph, SE has said that it does, not that it seems to USE the thing...
    (2)

Character
    Rafien
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello!

In order for your trusty automaton to determine enemies' resistances, it's not enough to just equip a scanner! Try using an ice maneuver after equipping a scanner.
    I was doing Excavation Duty (Assault Mission), made sure I had scanner up and kept 3 ice maneuvers up. Lobo continued to cast paralyze and poison. Poison which the rocks are immune to and paralyze because.... ¿Maybe he was afraid chips of rock may fly at me?

Scanner doesn't work.
    (6)
    Last edited by Rafien; 12-11-2012 at 04:31 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast