Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Locking buffs and puppetmaster

If anyone was curious to know, or if perhaps you didn't notice... Locking buffs on an NPC (common with things like Embrava, brew, etc.) does not work for maneuvers.

Display wise, your buffs show that you still have the maneuver. However, the maneuver only works for 1 minute regardless.

Tested this locking my dark maneuvers on a casket and looking at refresh on my spiritreaver. With three maneuvers on, and not full MP, I had refresh of one maneuver at first, and then no refresh with three dark maneuvers on. The maneuvers eventually wore off.

Essentially, it's not a big deal but locking maneuvers does nothing but display them graphically.

Not sure if this is common knowledge or not, but just felt like sharing.
    (5)

I was always very Curious if It worked, But never got around to testing it... I guess its good to know it doesn't, So i wont rely on it ever.

Thanks~!
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    It's probably due to the duality of the buffs. Both master and maton get the maneuver buff, but the master gets nothing more then a dummy buff with the same duration. And since automatons don't lock their buffs since they cannot open chests, theirs fades while ours doesn't.

Might want to report it on the bug forum, since it's obviously a harmless but confusing glitch.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Guess this won't matter now since they're changing locking buffs.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Annalise View Post
    Guess this won't matter now since they're changing locking buffs.
    Got any link with that? I've noticed a few people mentioning it now, but I haven't found the source of it yet.

But I guess it is to be expected. It is, after all, one of the bigger 'legal' exploits.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Got any link with that? I've noticed a few people mentioning it now, but I haven't found the source of it yet.

But I guess it is to be expected. It is, after all, one of the bigger 'legal' exploits.
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...898#post383898

Specifically:
    "In regards to the third reason, this is the first time mentioning this, but we will be fixing the bug where ability effect duration timers can be stopped when talking to NPCs since QA testing has concluded as of yesterday and implementation is now possible.

This was originally a counter-measure to prevent being killed while in a cutscene, but it was utilized in a different way and by allowing this it would completely eliminate the meaning behind abilities with strong effects in exchange for short effect durations. Additionally, similar to the adjustments to Perfect Defense and Embrava, with development work continuing on Seekers of Adoulin, we decided it was necessary at this point in time to fix this."
    (0)