Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

A new buff for Drg itself

Everyone has been talking about Gungnir latley and i agree it needs addressing however i also came across a really good idea by Byrth.

When the Wyvern is out give the Dragoon 25% Double Attack.

A really simple idea which will help boost drg dd capability.
    (10)

And then people would never bother to call wyvern ever again in high level content.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Direct View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    And then people would never bother to call wyvern ever again in high level content.
    You mis-read it, I think. And I think the bonuses from spirit and soul jump would be comparable to 25% DA, especially with knowing you can toss out a free cure V to a party member once a minute.

That said, the actual idea of it being only when the wyvern is out, would be too over-powered I feel. What we need is either a lower recast on CW, or compensation for when we die, and CW timer is still on 18 mins.
    (3)

Yeah, I misread it.
    (0)

Player

clarity

Quote Originally Posted by Direct View Post
    Everyone has been talking about Gungnir latley and i agree it needs addressing however i also came across a really good idea by Byrth.

A really simple idea which will help boost drg dd capability.
    +1'd

I like it.

Although, wouldn't that amount of Double Attack hurt Ryunohige's Aftermath3 effect? I am not entirely sure how the math works for that.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    That was kind of the point. It doesn't benefit Ryunohige much to have 25% Double Attack, but it benefits Gungnir and other polearms a lot. Ryunohige would still be the top dog, but by less. Also, because it isn't tied to a specific weapon the Dragoon as a whole would be better off.
    (6)

Player
    Won't happen...although they did give SAM Double Attack during Hasso and SAM was strong enough already. If they can buff a job that's already strong, I don't see why they can't do so for DRG. The thing is though I'd rather them differentiate DRG from other DDs. They gave DRG a strong WS frequency with Jumps and Conserve TP, so I'd like them to expand on that. DRG has 5 tiers of Conserve TP, maybe a stance that enhances Attack+Conserve TP or give us some save TP traits. Conserve TP has become our main trait just like Store TP for SAM, Attack Bonus for DRK and Double Attack for WAR. Maybe we'll see a JA that force procs Conserve TP? On the surface it would seem lamer than Sekkanoki but they could make it a shorter recast (3minutes) and it would actually be better at 100% TP than Sekkanoki(which is only really good at 150-200%+ TP or higher. Could use the Conserve TP JA then WS at 100% and get like 43% TP back. It wouldn't be much but it's a start, of course we definitely need stronger attack power first and foremost.

Maybe something like Impetus but for Attack Power and Attack Speed? +3-5% Attack and +3-5% JA haste for every hit landed, can accumulate up to 25%. 90 second duration, recast 5 min. It's basically a gimper version of Last Resort since it would reset with each miss and has half the duration but I'm willing to take these penalties since DRG is hurting for *SOMETHING*.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 11-29-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Player
    I'd rather not gamble on Conserve TP anymore than we already do. The OP/Byrth's idea would be a significant boost. The only thing left for us would be as you stated, a boost to our Attack.
    (0)

Player
    Well the JA would be a force-proc to conserve TP but I guess the amount would still be a gamble. I kind of wish SE gave us Save TP traits instead of Conserve TP. Should have made SAM the king of TP generation with Store TP but made DRG the king of TP saving/efficiency with Save TP, instead SAM got both and DRG is a mix-bag of Attack/Acc/TP generation but we're meh at all of them. We have 3 traits of Accuracy Bonus but WAR has Aggressor, DRK gets acc with Souleater, SAM gets Hasso acc, etc. DRG isn't really that much more accurate if at all compared to other melee.

If they want to tie the theme of the Wyvern to DRG, they could make buffing breaths that give attack+ or something. And there's still that Alternate-Super Jump animation from the .dats. I originally thought it would be our level 95+ JA equivalent of Spirit Jump/Soul Jump that shared timer with Super Jump and did massive damage and 4x TP. /pipedream

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv13Cm2YCpQ

(When you use altanaview it focuses all the animation on the target, in this case a tiger, but if it were a live JA in the game, that 'charging' animation you see in the first few seconds after the dust cloud would be in the air and then you can see from the 'gust' that the ball is thrown downward. My guess is that it's like Freya's Jump from FF9. You jump up, charge energy into your weapon and throw it downward, it explodes then you land and remove the weapon. The end of the animation, you can hear a click, like the weapon being picked up. Interesingly enough, the length of this animation is about the same as Super Jump's.
    (0)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 11-29-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Conserve TP is horrible and giving it to a 2H job is just a logical mind-buster. Has it actually been shown that there are multiple tiers of it? All of the short-sample NA tests that have been done have shown the same proc rate (about 25%). For Dragoon, this means you have about a 2.5% chance of saving a hit on WS. For those who don't know, when Conserve TP procs it gives a perfectly flat distribution of extra TP (1~20 TP) on top of your normal WS return. If you're 5-hitting on dragoon, this means that you'll only save a hit if you get 19 or 20 TP back (1/10 of the cases).

This makes the trait horribly shitty. It saves me 1~3 hits sometimes on DNC because I hit for 5 TP each, but for Dragoon it's just really poorly conceived.

SE has tossed Double Attack at quite a few jobs now. What's one more after that?
    Dancer - Saber Dance - 25% with AF2+2 pants
    Red Mage - Temper - 20% at 500 enhancing skill
    Samurai - Hasso-zanshin - 1/4 of Zanshin rate, which is typically about 15% at 99. Also gives an extra hit of TP with Ikishoten.
    (5)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast