Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Armangetto
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Shouldnt we be hitting 400 skill or close to it this coming update? We could see a new weapon skill or more than likely at 99. Though I belive at 300, 290 for A- was our last skill earned ws.
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    From what I've played around with and what I've heard, DRK seems more or less better off using Great Sword in Abyssea than any kind of Scythe. DRKs have even gone as far as to use Rampage (a weapon BSTs are better off using) in Abyssea because of the better modifiers built for damage dealing in comparison to using Scythe...which also suffers from being a slow weapon that can't keep up with Razed Ruins Atma THFs constantly triple attacking for 150+ damage per hit. It's just vague in knowing what the point in using Scythe is when it can't even keep up.

The other issue is how DRK has not really developed outside of really pushing itself to obtain the best possible weapons and gear such as Apocalypse. Ironically, the perk to its Aftermath effect has become less unique with the release of more gear haste to cap the job out on Gear Haste. Instead, the aftermath should become Job Ability Haste (i.e. Hasso), so it can flesh out more of the weapon.
    (0)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 03-09-2011 at 05:47 AM.

I was going to make a new topic, but I'll just post here. These are my top 5 ideas that would boost up a Dark Knight's overall ability in today's game and will NOT affect game balance.

5. More Dark Magic enfeeble spells for Dark Knights only. There are many abilities that can be made into Dark Magic and could also be useful. Curse, Terrify, Amnesia just to name a few. Also, having Bio III wouldn't hurt.

4. Lower casting time for Dark Magic only. It's our main magic ability and to take a long time just to cast an "absorb" spell really hinders our ability to even include magic at all. I hardly see any Dark Knights casually casting any "absorb" spell anymore.

3. A longer duration of Last Resort. It's short effect time and long recast time makes it a lot weaker than it could be. I don't suggest making it as long-lasting as berserk, but make it around 2 minutes with a 5 minute recast (lowered by merits of course).

2. A weapon skill that can compete with weapon skills used by Warriors and Samurai. Something that uses Modifiers Dark Knights get the most use out of, such as STR and DEX. Whether it is Critical, multi-hit or both, we need something that competes with the stronger weapon skills out there.

And the number 1 thing that a Dark Knight needs the most....

1. More defensive options. A lot of times, Dark Knights are asked to stay out of many events because Dark Knights "die too quickly." Sadly, this is correct. However, I may have a solution. Right now, a Dark Knight does have defensive options against Physical damage in the form of Dread Spikes and we also use a Samurai subjob all the time now, giving us Seigan and Third Eye, but we have nothing to protect us against magic. The only way to do so is to be a DRK/NIN and use Utsusemi, but that hinders our overall power by reducing our damage output and strength. We need to be DRK/SAM to keep up with other jobs in damage-dealing while retaining some defensive qualities as well. I hate to say it, but a Dark Knight is a lot more reliant on it's subjob than most other classes.

Therefore, some kind of job ability or dark magic spell that can absorb or reduce magical damage would be a great asset and help Dark Knights a lot. I'm not asking to turn Dark Knights into a tank class. However, allowing us to live longer on a battlefield full of powerful magical enemies would allow us to engage more enemies safely and reliably. It doesn't have to be fully overpowered. Maybe a Dread Spikes style spell that absorbs magical spells and converts 0% of the damage dealt into MP. So instead of taking 600 damage from Fire V, Dark Knights absorb it for 60 MP.
    (0)

Character
    Gradd
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 90
    Drk has all the Same Defensive Gear as PLD Valhalla/IronRam Etc.

Lrn2GearSwap

Drk was actually a very powerful tank pre abyssea, more so than PLD, to say otherwise your just fooling yourself.
    (0)

Character
    Leondimas
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradd View Post

Lrn2GearSwap

Drk was actually a very powerful tank pre abyssea, more so than PLD, to say otherwise your just fooling yourself.
    ^ This and Stun. Although a lot of things these days are immune eh?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoLionheart View Post
    ^ This and Stun. Although a lot of things these days are immune eh?
    Or highly resistant to the point it's just not worth even trying to use.
    (0)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradd View Post

Lrn2GearSwap

Quoted for truth. This is, of course, considering the DRK has an Apocalypse.
    (0)

So people are agreeing with Gradd, only to turn around and say "But then again, it's only if...."
    (0)

Character
    Quetzacoatl
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagato View Post
    So people are agreeing with Gradd, only to turn around and say "But then again, it's only if...."
    Actually, DRK can tank just as well with DRK/NIN and stunning, along with using enmity-spiking JAs such as Last Resort and Souleater. Though the best case scenario for it is when your DRK has an Apocalypse for Catastrophe spam.

Increasing the effects of Dread Spikes does sounds like something that should be taken into consideration, and perhaps give a Physical Damage Taken -% effect on top of it when using Bale Cuirass +1/2.
    (0)
    Last edited by Quetzacoatl; 03-09-2011 at 07:37 AM.

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I agree DRK can tank (not better than a PLD lol) but it requires the sacrificing of /SAM imo and since we're so rely /SAM to try and keep up with other DDs. Honestly idc about defense stuff tho cause imo DRK is a knight that sacrifices it's defense for attack.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast