Player

Add automatic flee speed to the test server

There's no reason for you to withhold movement speed on the test server when the sole purpose of us being on the server is to test your product for you.
    (4)

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Agreed. It would also be cool if they could add that invulnerability feature that was mentioned eons ago too. Difficult to test content built around 6-18 players solo.
    (0)

Greetings!

Simply increasing movement speed or adding automatic flee would affect battle balance and content, so testing results might be a bit off. However, if the reason is that you'd like a way of accessing content faster to test, wouldn't it be even better to have a feature that would instantly warp you to the area or NPC you need to get to?

Overall, we would like to make improvements to the Test Server to create an environment that is easier to test in, so if you have any other suggestions please let us know (in addition to travel speeds and invulnerability, which we have jotted down!).
    (11)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

You could add the movement speed in the form of "quickening" instead. /heal once to receive it, and let it have a very high potency. When entering combat, it would automatically wear off.

But sure, teleports directly to places would be nice too.
    (9)

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

Simply increasing movement speed or adding automatic flee would affect battle balance and content, so testing results might be a bit off. However, if the reason is that you'd like a way of accessing content faster to test, wouldn't it be even better to have a feature that would instantly warp you to the area or NPC you need to get to?

Overall, we would like to make improvements to the Test Server to create an environment that is easier to test in, so if you have any other suggestions please let us know (in addition to travel speeds and invulnerability, which we have jotted down!).
    Unfortunately, the total number of places we might need to go for specific tests is huge, and I can't see SE providing a sufficiently large list. Even just dropping people in the right zone is sometimes just half the travel time.

Mirage's suggestion of 100% coverage equivalent of the Swift Shoes "quickening" Kupower (but higher potency) sounds like an excellent option, though.
    (5)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Simply increasing movement speed or adding automatic flee would affect battle balance and content.
    With all due respect, the entire premise of a test server is to push the limits of what is considered "balanced" on the live server. While I agree that magically warping to any zone would be nice (essentially giving test-server accounts GM control) I think it would be even more nice if the developers start respecting and listening to the players who have been using the test server and have been arguing for why stuff is so stupid on the live server and needs to be fixed.

Please tell me the development crew isn't fighting the "good fight for balance!" on the test server now....
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Greetings!

maybe you've done this already, but what about setting the test server so all Super Kupowers are active 24/7?

With all due respect, the entire premise of a test server is to push the limits of what is considered "balanced" on the live server.
    No, the premise of a test server is to test content and find bugs and offer feedback, such that the content on the live server is free of those bugs and we have a chance to nudge that content in the direction we're hoping it will go.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 12-08-2012 at 03:04 AM.

Player
    Greetings!

I understand that automated flee may undermine the testing of certain content. I do agree that our options for teleportation are limited though (I cannot check now because I need to redownload the test server for this new drive). However, I also believe the vast terrain of Vana diel makes travel a strain when wishing to cover a multitude of aspects (Especially if we decide to vary the level and class used). That said, I think an interesting compromise would be equipment that dramatically enhances our movement speed that is solely available through the test server (Make flee movement speed gain a set bonus so people cannot abuse the flee during content testing). That way, we can test content without movement speed and travel with less hassle.
    (0)
    Last edited by Yugl; 12-08-2012 at 09:22 AM.