I notice that the SP2 does NOT reset the call beast timer.

If Call Beast is down when you use SP 2, you will NOT be able to switch pets during the special move.
It prevents recast timers from activating at all. It does not reset already active ones.

It would be nice if this was changed so that it also resets the active call beast/sic/ready recast timers, but not critical. Its something to be aware of.

Ready moves are able to be sent about every 5 seconds. It may vary depending on the speed of the animation for each ability. I'll check again, but it seemed Sic would go alot faster where the animations were overlapping. This may have simply been the pet I was using.

The Fantod > Backheel spam idea didn't quite work out.
IT can be done of course, as Falkirk showed when Falcorr was new. However, I found that pet would always get a hit in before I could Get the Backheel command sent. So the Boost effect would be spent before backheel. Instead I had to fantod > Heel > Fight > Backheel. This is a bit more tedious and time consuming.

I used the same method to test if Fantod could stack with itself. It does not appear to do so as the boost effect does for a mnk or a bluemage.