Thread: New PLD SP

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

New PLD SP

Not sure if this is a bug or working as intended. After trying this out on a few mobs and VW NMs, this ability seems to do the opposite of what was described. The bash damage does upwards of 1k (at least with aegis) and has no noticeable effect on monster accuracy or attack. Damage dealt to me was the same before during and after using the ability, and there was no noticeable increase in evasion. Mobs tested were Tsui-Goab and Pil.
    (0)

Player
    Given that the new Paladin SP deals damage and then adds effects, I wouldn't be at all surprised if that weird "additional effect accuracy" bug were cropping up. It is a very hard-working bug, and currently affects many weapon-skills and some blue magic.

If this industrious bug is affecting the new Paladin SP, the effect will be at full potency but will only activate 5% of the time or so. It seems weird that it would affect something meant to be 100%, but, it's weird that such a large-scale bug would even exist so I'm willing to entertain this possibility.

The next part is going to sound ridiculous, because it is ridiculous. The recast is 5 seconds on the test server, yeah? Is there something you could conveniently use the new SP on over and over and over? Even a zone with Incredibly Tough normal stuff would probably work, if popping the same Void Exhibitionist over and over is a pain.

Of course, I also won't be surprised if the new SP just isn't that good.
    (1)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    That's what I thought of at first too, but all of the "broken" additional effects work perfectly find on the Test Server. Because this is on the test server, the additional effect should probably work.
    (0)

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Yeah, and I think it "worked" on normal birds in misareaux coast but I didn't test it extensively on them. It seemed like I was evading a lot more for a lvl 80 something mob. I'll have to try it again facing away so I can't block with shield and see if damage is lower or not.

Edit:
    Okay, after trying it out again I can confirm it does work on some (most) mobs. Definitely worked on birds. Used it several times facing away and noticed lower acc and damage from them. Never "missed" so it's not a case of it landing or not. Next I tried some mobs in Abyssea. It worked on normal rabbits there and on Marvin. Also used it on Akash though I'm not sure he counts as an NM. Again, in all cased the ability landed every time.

After that I decided to try more VW NMs. Attempted to use it on Pil again, this time with a different shield to make sure it wasn't something to do with Aegis. The SP still had no noticeable effect no matter how many times I used it. Next I tried Goji, but in hindsight this was probably pointless since I think his attacks are always magical since he's always flying. At anyrate, his accuracy didn't seem to change at all when I used it on him, for whatever it's worth. Finally I tried it on Cherufe in Batallia Downs. To my amazement it actually freaking worked on him/her/it. After use it wiffed most of its TP moves and melee swings, those that landed did far less damage.

I attempted to test the ability in Legion as well, in hall of An, but it was difficult considering I was being smashed to bits by the other 2 NMs. Near as I could tell it had no effect as with Pil since none of Lofty NM I hit with the SP wiffed or did less damage in the 4 seconds I survived after using it after several attempts.

So there's either a bug, or some NM ( like Pil and anything in Legion) have stats that are so high it doesn't make any difference if they're lowered or not.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kysaiana; 11-24-2012 at 07:33 PM.