Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ekotren
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

To Devs: Salvage / Mythic Suggestion

I know you've probably heard this before. But it is currently very hard to obtain mythic weapons than any other weapons in the game(relic and emp included). Dynamis and Abyssea can be done solo or with 1 friend. However Mythics you need at least 3 to enter, 3 to do all assaults, and at 20k gil a piece because of the low supply of alexandrite it costs 550-600m to buy a mythic weapon, and almost a full year of everyday farming to farm one with 3 friends and no buying; not to mention getting captain rank, doing 50 assault logs, 100k einherjar points, 150k nyzul isle points, along with the 3 trophy items.

My suggestion is that one of the following are implemented to at least give players a fighting chance to complete mythics without detication of their entire lives to the game daily playing trying to get 600m worth of alexandrite:

Suggestions:
    #1: Lower entrance requirements for normal salvage to 1 player.
    #2: Let High Tier VW enemies drop low tier salvage alexandrite pouches(5-20 alex per pouch)
    #3: Lower requirement for alexandrite by 1/3rd.
    #4: Let ToAu NMs drop Pouches of some sort, giving an alternate means to obtain these without calling 2-3 friends to help you.
    #5: or finally make alexandrite drop from ALL enemies in salvage.

These are my suggestions; because unless Neo-Salvage brings so good of gear that everyone will be there farming everyday because the gear is so great and exclusive. Most people will lose interest after a few months and find better gear to farm without salvage, making neo-salvage as common an entrance as Salvage is now(no good gear, and only going for alex).

I sincerely hope you guys fix this difficulty, because it is very unfair to players that don't play day in and day out.
    (5)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Contrary to popular belief, they do not want players to be able to simply buy a mythic or make it within a month or two by soloing.

Some things are -supposed- to take a long time, and it just so happens that Mythic weapons cannot be bought or spammed like an Empy/Relic can. That doesn't mean it should be easy to get.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    with all the exceeding expectations to a mythc weps, i dont think alexandrite purchace is all that nuts and the more accessablity there is to it what evers i remeber currency being nuts on remora and leviathan now its spammed daily from people the price dropped. the same is to be exspected of alexandrite this is a free market economey on the serveres its called supply and demand
    (2)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It's been said before but alexandrites are NOT the problem with mythic quests. It's quests like 2x assault clears, nyzul and einherjar 100k point items. Even if you had the money for alexs you still have to wait 6 months to complete the quest. And also, paying a server transfer to buy your alexandrites is going to be cheaper than paying for extra mules to store them/enter salvage 3-man/do severl salvages a day, if you chose to salvage them every day.
    (2)

Character
    Ekotren
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Monchat; I don't think you know how mythics are done by your comment about using mules to store alexandrite. You trade them into the npc as you get them. No storage is nessicary unless you are collecting alexandrites without the prerequisites being completed.

It's not about it being hard to complete or not; it's about it being realistic. Everyone has a real life to do. Making it 3 person entrance only and on top of that not much supply; its causing Mythics to be insanely hard to obtain; borderline impossible. Nothing should take 2 years of RL time to complete. This is not a realistic goal for any player at the moment.
    (1)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    You mule alexandrite rather than trade it in, till you have all 30k. Just in case you lose the will to keep working on it(or the game changes and it's not worth it anymore, etc.) Then you can sell all that alexandrite and do something else instead.

It's just a wise precaution. Just like relics back in the day, You didn't trade anything in till you were about done.

2 years? My alexandrite took 3 months, start to finish.
    (2)

Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    you porbably already had einherjar and nyzul pints/ asault clears.
    (1)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I was only talking about alexandrite. As pewpew's post seemed to be implying that Alexandrite was the time consuming/impossible/unreasonable part.

My ichor/nyzul tokens/initial captain rank were an accumulation of years of normal gameplay before I ever started on a mythic. I did still have to go farm extra tokens though. I had a lot of trouble with beast kings too. Spent 7 days straight in gurfulur's room waiting for pop. Similar issue with medusa.

Anyway, difficult is not impossible. As for realistic, I have a Ryunohige. And it was entirely self funded. I didn't even have an event shell at the time.
    (2)

Character
    Ekotren
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    You obviously didn't farm the alexandrite with only 3 people. We go everyday and our average yield is 70-90 unless boss drops a 100 which is maybe 20% of the time. So average is around 85-105 realistic. But hey, lets call it 100 to be fair. At 100 alexandrite a day it takes you 300 days to complete mythic. This is just for the alexandrite, and that's if you have the mules with access and/or find people nice enough to let you pocket the alexandrite. If you have a linkshell and going with more than 3, or doing multiple runs a day(lets assume you have 6 chars and can go twice a day) that's still 150 days straight of 2 salvages a day solo trio boxing to finish. That's rediculous, wouldn't be as bad if you didn't have to deal with the prereqs on top of all of that. Prereqs + alex together are well over a year.

I don't know your gil situation but you definatly did not farm them daily 7 days a week for 3 months and come out with 30k alexandrite; the math does not add up. If you claiming that you farmed all 30k in 3months that would equate to 357.17 alexandrite per run. So the fact that it took you only 3 months just means you have the gil to flush down the toilet and pay well over 300m on top of farming alexandrite daily for 3 months; or just paying the 600m and buying all your alexandrite and telling everyone you farmed them.

Sorry to go on a rant; but yes; it is very very unreasonable of an achievement for anyone with a real life, unless you don't mind waiting 2years to get one.
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pewpew View Post
    You obviously didn't farm the alexandrite with only 3 people. We go everyday and our average yield is 70-90 unless boss drops a 100 which is maybe 20% of the time. So average is around 85-105 realistic. But hey, lets call it 100 to be fair. At 100 alexandrite a day it takes you 300 days to complete mythic. This is just for the alexandrite, and that's if you have the mules with access and/or find people nice enough to let you pocket the alexandrite. If you have a linkshell and going with more than 3, or doing multiple runs a day(lets assume you have 6 chars and can go twice a day) that's still 150 days straight of 2 salvages a day solo trio boxing to finish. That's rediculous, wouldn't be as bad if you didn't have to deal with the prereqs on top of all of that. Prereqs + alex together are well over a year.
    I wouldn't advise farming Salvage for alex unless you have a 2-box account. You simply cannot afford to split it with other people. Also, doing Salvage is just one thing you should be doing; in addition you would also want to consider farming Dynamis or something so you can buy more alex.

Quote Originally Posted by Pewpew View Post
    I don't know your gil situation but you definatly did not farm them daily 7 days a week for 3 months and come out with 30k alexandrite; the math does not add up. If you claiming that you farmed all 30k in 3months that would equate to 357.17 alexandrite per run. So the fact that it took you only 3 months just means you have the gil to flush down the toilet and pay well over 300m on top of farming alexandrite daily for 3 months; or just paying the 600m and buying all your alexandrite and telling everyone you farmed them.
    He obviously had a lot of gil to start with and likely a steady source of income in addition to that. As I said, Salvage is only part of the equation; you have to find a way to purchase more alexandrite on the side as well.
    (2)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast