Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Oh yeah, if there's any job that should have resist paralyze, it's DNC.

In fact, it should get resist amnesia too.

I mean think about it. Paralyze isn't a very big problem for mages, as they can spam paralyna very fast. DNC however, can only use healing waltz once every 15 seconds, and even if your attempt to use Healing Waltz doesn't get eaten by paralyze, it might still cure a different status ailment than the paralyze you wanted to get rid of. To add more suck to this, while trying to get rid of paralyze, you also cannot restore your HP, because that's on the same timer as healing waltz. Additionally, attempting to heal several status ailments on several party members takes forever, but that's what I would hope to solve by splitting timers and/or adding more potent healing waltzes.

As for Amnesia, SCH and BRD gets resist silence to help avoid getting shut down. Amnesia destroys DNC's ability to heal, buff and debuff the enemy, and there is no realistic way to get rid of it either, unlike Silence which can be cured by cheap echo drops. I mean sure, there is Ecphoria Ring, but that's a 30 second wait after swapping into it before you can even use it. Resist Amnesia just makes sense for a dancer.
    (12)
    Last edited by Mirage; 11-23-2012 at 05:55 AM.

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I'm glad this topic turned away from deathroses dnc ability, but for the record he is one of the best around. It's all he does and has been for a long time. On the other topics, I totally agree, healing waltzga and alliance buffs would fix everything. Steps might run the risk of being ignored even if buffed.
    (1)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    no offense to the OP and I get where your comein from with this since I play DNC myself... but you are incorrect. DNC excells at lowmaning things pritty good. It shines in events where you arent trying to take a wall down: Dynamis, Limbus, Sky, ZNM, Savage etc.

where as it sux on things that need specialization like: Legion, NNI, VW.

I am perfectly fine with this, because when I go do things like Legion, NNI, VW I job change to WAR or SCH or WHM or COR (whatever is needed in that situation). ON the other way around my WAR, WHM,COR and SCH would suck solo in Dynamis, Legion, Sky etc. compared to my DNC. So it evens things out.

The only change I would like to see is that Sambas apply to the whole alliance instead of only the PT.

The whole thing above applies also to NIN PUP PLD (limited use in legion and VW) THF(well thf is usefull in both regards) BST. They shine in low man situations but suck when it comes to specialization.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    If a job is exploited or required it can be considered to strong. If a job is ignored or left out it can be considered too weak. By telling people "All you have to do is to play the job you love when you get the chance." you're in essence putting a table cloth on top of a huge scratch. This doesn't make the scratch go away it's still under the table cloth.

I don't take kindly to people telling me tough luck deal with it when a few simple changes could bring happiness to more people. Also, I pity you because you're happy trying to desensitize others who recognize balance problems. Under this logic we'd still be stuck at the level 75 cap with only 18 jobs. I think people who are creative should be the ones that should be speaking up not the people who would blindly accept anything they're given and accept it.
    I just said that because when it comes down to balancing the job what can you really do besides begging to the dev team to fix it? RDMs are out there asking for fixes that probably will never happen, I could give some ideas and suggestions but for what? To be ignored like everyone else? Also the dev team is not putting as much effort in the game as they used to put, thats why I dont expect much anymore, as simple as that... I admire people that still hope that changes will be made but I am not one if them, thats why I just enjoy the game as it is and dont "hope" that anything will change.. If it happens its good but if it doesnt, what can I really do?
    (0)
    Last edited by Lyberty; 11-23-2012 at 09:24 AM.
    My friends make this game even better

Character
    Deathrose
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Afa thank you... cause your right. Although even still id like to see a boost in our step power and a boost to our sambas to give us more of an edge at 99. Lets look at other jobs. What about blu I notice that it doesnt get much recognition. How do you guys think it can be modified? Maybe make it so it can use all its spells? honestly id like to see the timer for resetting spells either cut down drastically or eliminated as a whole. Input yall?
    (0)
    Remember, Every dancing rose has it thorns. Messing with the wrong could cost you your life!! ^.~

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyberty View Post
    I just said that because when it comes down to balancing the job what can you really do besides begging to the dev team to fix it? RDMs are out there asking for fixes that probably will never happen, I could give some ideas and suggestions but for what? To be ignored like everyone else? Also the dev team is not putting as much effort in the game as they used to put, thats why I dont expect much anymore, as simple as that... I admire people that still hope that changes will be made but I am not one if them, thats why I just enjoy the game as it is and dont "hope" that anything will change.. If it happens its good but if it doesnt, what can I really do?
    Giving up never solves anything. Sure they aren't listening to much of the user base who makes suggestions or complains but its good to keep trying. By saying lets just fall over dead accept our losses we aren't worth listening to even if they are being irrational.

You have to also realize some of the comments given by the user base aren't conveyed/translated correctly. Just look at my suggestion in this topic where I ask for scaling benefits. A lot of the players seems to think when I speak of dancer it means the sambas hit players in the alliance. This would be nice but it's not what scaling is. It means that the job draws on allies to AMPLIFY existing abilities.

Think of it like this when you have a boat racing team that's out of sync they aren't efficient. When they add a drummer that beats a drum to synchronize everyone. The efficiency rockets, even if the drummer isn't participating in actively pushing the boat his/her abilities amplify the group to do more then an extra person rowing.

Frankly if these weaker jobs can't do this to compensate the developers are failing horribly and need constant reminders why. Just because they can't figure it out doesn't mean we should give up either.

Please remember that.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sarick; 11-23-2012 at 12:08 PM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    bout the only ajustment i can see for dnc and yess i have one is add mandu posably changing steps and break them in to two groups on different timers < yeah you can add a psyco timer have duration come in to play > but the job is not bad id be good with some resist amnisia as dancers tend to commit steps and dances to unfailing memory irl. i am totaly in agrence of that much beyond the jobs very nice
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    Giving up never solves anything. Sure they aren't listening to much of the user base who makes suggestions or complains but its good to keep trying. By saying lets just fall over dead accept our losses we aren't worth listening to even if they are being irrational.

You have to also realize some of the comments given by the user base aren't conveyed/translated correctly. Just look at my suggestion in this topic where I ask for scaling benefits. A lot of the players seems to think when I speak of dancer it means the sambas hit players in the alliance. This would be nice but it's not what scaling is. It means that the job draws on allies to AMPLIFY existing abilities.

Think of it like this when you have a boat racing team that's out of sync they aren't efficient. When they add a drummer that beats a drum to synchronize everyone. The efficiency rockets, even if the drummer isn't participating in actively pushing the boat his/her abilities amplify the group to do more then an extra person rowing.

Frankly if these weaker jobs can't do this to compensate the developers are failing horribly and need constant reminders why. Just because they can't figure it out doesn't mean we should give up either.

Please remember that.
    Saric I agree with what you said... I guess Im just tired of seeing ppl giving good suggestions and the dev team just ignoring them... Thanks for sharing the way you think as a civilized person and not just bashing me for the way I think. cheers!
    (2)
    My friends make this game even better

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I would like to see a new samba that gives a buff based on the job attacking the mob. So if you're in a party with war and drk, they get double attack and attack bonus respectively. Not sure if this can be programmed in the current system, but it could be interesting. I never thought haste samba would be obsolete :-(
    (2)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    most of the jobs are fine, sure some do need a little tune up, but some of you making it seems like dnc is broken.lol, who ever said dnc dmg was bad need to learn how to use it, and stop LoLleeching!

pup is fine now, it WAS broken for a long time (mostly the whm pet) but it good to go now!

now rdm is the one that Need a good old tune up. the only reason it so far back cause of the lvl cap going up, it not as unique as it was before. same happen when sch came out. it was nothing special about it till that update came and turn it around. ya so if any job need fixxing ASAP would be rdm first and not some subjob only thing><
    (2)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast