Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Deathrose
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

New Step enhancing gear

In thinking of more ways to improve dancers performance and make more event friendly, I started thinking of maybe having gear that enhanced our step potency/duration. Steps are a major part of and one of the most unique abilities of dancer. As such I think at this level we should be seeing bolstered step effects to enhance each enfeeblement. If you other dancers out there have any input on this subject please add in. Maybe we can make something happen for dancer.

PS: Does anyone know if Dev team is still going to give dancer its aoe regain ability?
    (1)
    Remember, Every dancing rose has it thorns. Messing with the wrong could cost you your life!! ^.~

Player
    Alternatively, that weird-looking Hardtospellsi thing that requires a bunch of Alexandrite could add potency or duration to steps instead of a bunch of useless accuracy.

Potency would be great. Duration would be balanced. Accuracy is like gluing extra nipples to a dead manatee.
    (2)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Heh, I'd also like to see Terpsichore's step enhancement do something more useful. I'd also like to see Steps get a boost that's accessible by all DNCs, though. Locking all of the necessary fixes for the job into a 600mil weapon would be like giving PUP Kenkonken.

1) I'd like to see a basic potency increase from Steps, with a more front-ended distribution of potency values.
    Examples:
    * Box Step : 8% -> 12% -> 14% -> 16% -> 18%
    * Feather Step (with AF3+2 feet) : 5% -> 8% -> 10% -> 12% -> 14%
    * Quickstep : I feel this one is strong enough already
    * Stutter Step : It hasn't been quantified and isn't used

2) I'd like to see the JA delay removed from Dancer job abilities. JA delay is the time between using one ability and using the next melee attack (or ability). It currently chokes Dancer up, because in low delay situations (for instance, if you're a job with high dual wield and two low delay daggers with Haste Samba and Haste up), Steps cost you ~an attack round to give a fairly weak debuff to an enemy that's about to die. If this delay didn't exist then the Dancer playstyle would be much more exciting.
    Example:
    Presto -> Step -> Reverse -> WS :: You did 1 WS worth of damage, but it cost you approximately 5 attack rounds, which is >half a WS of TP anyway on top of the melee damage.
    If they changed this, we wouldn't be stuck only using Reverse for self-skillchains.

3) I'd actually like for there to not be duration increases necessarily. It would be fine for me with Terpsichore, but I don't think it would be nice for the average DNC if they did number 1 and 2, which would make people want to maximize the number of FMs they get and use. Right now it's possible to cap out two dazes at once on a monster before the first one wears if you ride your timers. There are really only two dazes that are worthwhile in any given situation, so you'd be stuck letting one wear off so that you can get 2~3 FMs per Step again instead of 1.

4) I'd like all Steps to kill Chigoes. Why do only some kill Chigoes? It's a mystery.
    (5)

Character
    Deathrose
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The delay between abilities/atk round really is a problem. I could see if the abilities were potent enough to justify it but they arent. personally id make box an even 20 and feather 15, hate weird figures lol.
    (1)
    Remember, Every dancing rose has it thorns. Messing with the wrong could cost you your life!! ^.~

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    2) I'd like to see the JA delay removed from Dancer job abilities. JA delay is the time between using one ability and using the next melee attack (or ability). It currently chokes Dancer up, because in low delay situations (for instance, if you're a job with high dual wield and two low delay daggers with Haste Samba and Haste up), Steps cost you ~an attack round to give a fairly weak debuff to an enemy that's about to die. If this delay didn't exist then the Dancer playstyle would be much more exciting.
    Example:
    Presto -> Step -> Reverse -> WS :: You did 1 WS worth of damage, but it cost you approximately 5 attack rounds, which is >half a WS of TP anyway on top of the melee damage.
    If they changed this, we wouldn't be stuck only using Reverse for self-skillchains.
    I'd really like to see job ability delay just removed entirely, if that is even possible. If removal isn't possible, it should be acknowledged that jobs like Dancer suffer because of it and the effect should be mollified somehow.

Why do only some kill Chigoes? It's a mystery.
    Obviously, our characters aren't fat enough to kill Chigoes unless they step on them just right. Taco Bell needs to open up a few places in Vana'diel.
    (1)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Taco Bell needs to open up a few places in Vana'diel.
    Wouldn't that just result in more chigoes?
    (5)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Heh, I'd also like to see Terpsichore's step enhancement do something more useful. I'd also like to see Steps get a boost that's accessible by all DNCs, though. Locking all of the necessary fixes for the job into a 600mil weapon would be like giving PUP Kenkonken.

1) I'd like to see a basic potency increase from Steps, with a more front-ended distribution of potency values.
    Examples:

Example:

3) I'd actually like for there to not be duration increases necessarily. It would be fine for me with Terpsichore, but I don't think it would be nice for the average DNC if they did number 1 and 2, which would make people want to maximize the number of FMs they get and use. Right now it's possible to cap out two dazes at once on a monster before the first one wears if you ride your timers. There are really only two dazes that are worthwhile in any given situation, so you'd be stuck letting one wear off so that you can get 2~3 FMs per Step again instead of 1.

4) I'd like all Steps to kill Chigoes. Why do only some kill Chigoes? It's a mystery.
    There some reasoning behind this, and i like the general Direction!

However, i had a slightly diffrent Idea!

I'm widely against 'binding' Step Potency to any kind of Gear/Merrits.

I also hate that a subjob /dnc not only gets the debuff Potency but also can hinder the Mainjob to get sufficent Finishing moves in some cases.

My Idea to Couter this is quite Simple.

Increse the 'Step Tier' for the Mainjob.

So if a Subjob can reach Lv 5 Steps.

Why not make it so that a Main Dancer is able to increase that to Tier 8 or 10?

It would help with potency, uniqueness of the Job (as in some debuff Levels can only be reached by the Mainjob) and in Some cases even with Finishing moves Gain.
    (0)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Faleni
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 86
    I may be less experienced,
    but I'd like to see what Byrth says.
    Except I would say:
    Only slight duration increases: 5 or 10 seconds. No more. Just enough to have Step tiers to be slightly more manageable.
    And/Or
    Ability delay decrease by 3-5 seconds for Steps. I think that not-wanting-to-die wants less on Waltzes, but they are probably fine where they are.
    (0)
    Kriegstanz: It's a martial style based on the traditional Bastokan "Kriegstanz"--a dance used in actual battle.

Player
    increase potency (total of ~20% debuff for each at least)
    let presto stack like boost
    add more steps(heck, even make "steps tier 2" for the potency if you want so you don't have to touch the existing ones)
    increase duration (1m + 45s ?)
    (0)

Character
    Damane
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Examples:

Example:

I like your ideas but I would expand them even more.
    Samba duration should be doubled and the effects of Sambas should spread out to Alliances, so one dnc in a ally can give everyone haste samba. After all Sambas are somethign that work on the mob and other people only benefit from it if they hit the mob (and the dnc hits the mob), so I dont see why Ally members that hit the same mob cant benefit from it too.

As a 2. option i would like SE to add more DIFFERENT Sambas (and new tiers to old sambas) to strengthen the point of a support/buffer/healer/DD hybrid job DNC is on top of your Idea of strengthening their "Debuffs" with steps:
    Crit hit + Samba
    Haste Samba II

and fixes to the old Sambas:
    Aspir Samba: make it so that this Samba works on any mob (even if it doesnt have MP) ecxept for undead.
    Drain Samba: Option 1: enhance the Samba so it gives players HP+ until it reaches a cap if the person is allready at full HP (basicly the same as Drain II for DRK just additiv)
    Option 2: nerf the effect a bit but make it actually work like Blood weapon (aka its not dmg that is converted to HP, but the drain effect is ON TOP of the dmg).
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast