Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Double HP - MNK SP2

I was on the test server to experiment with the new Monk Special ability.

Fortunately I have a near perfect hp+ build. The only pieces which I think would make it better are Verthandi's Gem, Bloodbead gorget and Plenitas Virga.

http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/279169

The doubling effect only doubles base hp and hp+ number effects. It will not double hp gained from +hp% effects like on the melee gear set or mantra. Although the total hp will be greater w/ melee set rather than items like jurfu cloak or torrid gages.

With fully merited Mantra, augmented melee +2 set, and the new special ability on mnk/drk, I was able to get 7104 hp. (w/ the slight improvments listed above, 7428 hp would be possible)

any separate forms of +hp% will calculate as a separate step based of hp +hp gear.
    Ofcourse cruor buffs and mantra will occupy the same slot, so they cannot be stacked.

Inside abyssea, I found that player hp is capped at 9999. There are no 15k~20k HP builds.

I took some hits from mobs when my hp should have been much higher than 9999, but hp still went down.

Still you can put together a fund build of 9743 hp using sanguine scythe, razed ruins and ebon hoof atmas.

When putting up the sp2 and souleater, all your melee hits in abyssea will be for ~1000 damage.
    if you go vs arcana w/ arcane circle up, crit hits can do 2.5k.

Fortunately on test server there is a 10 second recast to the new sp2, so you can actually survive doing this...
    it is hard to maintain a high hit rate in such an hp+ build (no extra double attack, triple attack or haste) but, it melds nicely with 100 fists .

Best damage can be done by the following:
    Focus
    Impetus
    Victory Smite w/ 300% tp aftermath
    Swapping to hp build including full melee +2 augmented gear.
    Souleater
    100 fists (augmented duration)
    New Special ability 2

Pray you have lots of mages curing you!!

This would actually give mages something to do after the PD + embrava (you need regen!) go into effect.

If fighting arcana, the circle effect is also a very nice bonus.
    (4)
    Last edited by Xilk; 11-19-2012 at 12:06 AM.
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Yet again, proof that Galka is by far the best job in FFXI. Where's the Balance?
    (0)

Character
    Xilkk
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    Yet again, proof that Galka is by far the best job in FFXI. Where's the Balance?
    eh!?

galka hp is 25% higher than others, but mp pool is 33% smaller.
    (1)
    Choh Moui | Rongo-Nango | Lhu Mhakaracca | Lungo-Nango | Nyumomo
    --Beastmaster Forever--

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    souleater is -8.5% HP per hit or something so you die instantly (DRKs too but they can't admit hit).
    (0)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

You can't die from souleater alone. If used in conjunction with perfect defence, you wouldn't die from damage even if the enemy turned its attention against you.
    (2)