Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zayviar
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    What Im trying to say, if you havent been here since the beginning then you would know the skill difference between an old school vet and a abyssea born player. Dynamis mobs were all truesight and impossible in engage @ 75. You had to have organization, teamwork. If one person screwed up, everyone got screwed. Most players now rarely have to where sneak and invisible to walk throu areas, and thats not because fear of dieing, they jsut dont want to spend time on a 20 second fight. Im hoping SoA solves this for me. But if you played vanilla you would know what Im talking about.
    (0)

Character
    Yuchemey
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    And also don't Forget @ 75, people were able to do salvage and Limbus @ 6 and were able to do an good job. HNM @ 4 and Solo lolgenbu.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Dear OP,

Play drunk. I find that my adventures are more interesting when I'm sloshed. Especially when healing groups, that's special.
    (9)

Soloing Suzaku on RDM at 75 took patience.

Keeping a party alive while plastered? That takes skill.

(Hell Mode: Keep a party alive drunk... on WAR/WHM)
    (2)

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    everything is better in this game when you're frunk, even the people playing it are nicer and dieing in an event is less painfull or getting outlotted for the 20th time is better for the life expectations of my keyboard.... although i have to admit i'm a way better healer when i'm slightly intoxicated.
    (3)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayviar View Post
    In an MMORPG there should be places where a solo player has his/her freedom, but the higher endgame, and most endgame should be party based.

All see now is ppl duo/trio boxing to get things done, cause there is not enough ppl to help out with anything. Or at least don't want help people.
    1. Duo/Trio box is still pt based, it's just that they refuse to play with other player and would rather play 2~3 characters. But it is still multiple character and can not be done with just 1 character.

2. Unless this game adds cross server pt search function, big alliance endgame event will be very, very hard to work unless it's /shout friendly like VW, especially for PST and EU players, or GMT+3 or +8 english speaking players. You need 18+ ppl with same language, plays on same timezone, and have similar goal. When majority of time there are only like 1.1k~1.2k players per server unless it's JP time. You want big event with lots of players, but it just won't work in this game, not without cross server pt search function and population so small. Those who plays on PST or EU time, they will probably never get to join an event that requires 18~36 ppl.

I had problem to make a pt of 6 ppl static gather every week even, most of the time 1 or 2 ppl just can't pop on time and ended up 5/6.

Old 75 era FFXI isn't going to work well at this time. FFXI had more players back then, and now if you ask if anyone want FFXI to go back to old HNM era, most of them will tell you "no", including some of the HNM era endgame players I know of.....I know many players used to camp HNM hardcore, including set alarm and wake up in the mid-night for it, now many of them would rather not live such life again.

I feel 4~6 ppl event is just fine, any bigger pt has to be /shout friendly without pt search function. If someone want to duo/trio box that's his freedom, but we totally have the freedom to play with friends if you want to play with friends in lowman content.
    (4)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Zayviar View Post
    What Im trying to say, if you havent been here since the beginning then you would know the skill difference between an old school vet and a abyssea born player. Dynamis mobs were all truesight and impossible in engage @ 75. You had to have organization, teamwork. If one person screwed up, everyone got screwed. Most players now rarely have to where sneak and invisible to walk throu areas, and thats not because fear of dieing, they jsut dont want to spend time on a 20 second fight. Im hoping SoA solves this for me. But if you played vanilla you would know what Im talking about.
    I don't really notice huge skill difference gap before and after Abyssea era. Pre-abyssea there are still many RDM that doesn't haste, doesn't debuff, and plays RDM like a WHM. Ppl post abyssea gimp is mostly because they're new to the job and it takes time to learn. Pre-abyssea era if someone just ding 75 same thing could happen too.

Also the room for error in dynamis isn't lower than post abyssea event such as meeble, legion etc. Some of the meeble bosses can still fuck you up if you enter without reading what's coming up and prepare for it, and enter with 3. Even in dyna now at 99 it's still possible to got fucked up if you linked on wrong time and wrong place. It's just that when your ally size is bigger, it's easier to have someone make major mistake because there are more ppl.
    (1)

Player
    SE said starting out that aby was a zone for level and gear progression.... not endgame content... your point is invalid.... wait until audolin comes out and we don't have OP buffs and we have to return to the real world to fight monsters again.... me being a drg.... ima laugh my ass off as i connect hits all the time again while people miss... or someone pulls hate off the tank and gets slammed with a 700-800 hp hit.
    (1)

Character
    Bigdave
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I cant wait for the new expansion myself
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    1. Duo/Trio box is still pt based, it's just that they refuse to play with other player and would rather play 2~3 characters. But it is still multiple character and can not be done with just 1 character.

2. Unless this game adds cross server pt search function, big alliance endgame event will be very, very hard to work unless it's /shout friendly like VW, especially for PST and EU players, or GMT+3 or +8 english speaking players. You need 18+ ppl with same language, plays on same timezone, and have similar goal. When majority of time there are only like 1.1k~1.2k players per server unless it's JP time. You want big event with lots of players, but it just won't work in this game, not without cross server pt search function and population so small. Those who plays on PST or EU time, they will probably never get to join an event that requires 18~36 ppl.

I had problem to make a pt of 6 ppl static gather every week even, most of the time 1 or 2 ppl just can't pop on time and ended up 5/6.

Old 75 era FFXI isn't going to work well at this time. FFXI had more players back then, and now if you ask if anyone want FFXI to go back to old HNM era, most of them will tell you "no", including some of the HNM era endgame players I know of.....I know many players used to camp HNM hardcore, including set alarm and wake up in the mid-night for it, now many of them would rather not live such life again.

I feel 4~6 ppl event is just fine, any bigger pt has to be /shout friendly without pt search function. If someone want to duo/trio box that's his freedom, but we totally have the freedom to play with friends if you want to play with friends in lowman content.

i'm with you on this.... FFXI was a very hardcore game back in the day for endgame... i remember i changed my schedule at work just so i could get better times i could be on at (which meant i woke up at like 12am everyday)
    (2)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast