Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dexterity-Jones View Post
    You can still only do one trial at a time correct?
    Nope, can have up to 10 active at a time I believe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    I would do the elemental stalves that have perpetuation on them and then swap in Soulscourge after your BP activation.
    Elemental Staves would help a lot with maintaining MP but the be fair, the Pet:MAB staff is one of the quickest weapons you can do. All Trials can be done in Uleguerand Range, although Beaucedine [S] is better for the undead trial.
    (1)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Daemythos
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    For the trials, you still need to kill mobs that yield EXP, correct? I.e being level 99 and killing level 75 mobs is a waste of time?
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    For the trials, you still need to kill mobs that yield EXP, correct?
    Yes.

I.e being level 99 and killing level 75 mobs is a waste of time?
    No. Lv.56 mobs and high will still count as Easy Prey and give EXP at Lv.99.
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Daemythos
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Awesome, thanks mate.

Half through my 200 crabs for -4 dark perp staff, and just about have my 4 merits saved to do, what? G7? 8? whatever limit break this is, lol.

Kufta tunnel, page 2, kill 5 crabs, one haunt. Working pretty well for me.
    (0)

Character
    Mirril
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This reply might be rather late. Summoner is such a popular forum, after all. So much reading to get through!

I believe you can have up to 5 magian trials active at any time. Magian trial logs apparently can't handle more data than that.

It's worth getting some of the relics for summoner. Dynamis is easy nowadays and no longer costs 500k a run. There are items which drop in the Dynamis zones called "forgotten -----" that are used to upgrade relic armor pieces to +2.

Good +2 relics to have are Summoner's Bracers +2 and Summoner's Horn +2.

With Summoner's Horn +2, And the +2 Caller's body/feet, Evoker's Ring and a Chatoyant staff +1 you can keep anything out indefinitely. (-3,-4,-3,-1,-3=-14 perp cost which is the highest you can get)
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirril View Post
    I believe you can have up to 5 magian trials active at any time. Magian trial logs apparently can't handle more data than that.
    10blahblah
    (0)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    While good the magian perpet/bp staffs are not really needed and a huge time sink. The empy+2 gear has tons of perpet reduction/refresh on it and the relic +2 has all the bp reduction you can use (caps at -15 so you dont even need it all), the Chatoyant staff also gives you -3 perpet cost and with /rdm and its refresh/convert you never are really hurting for mp

btw on that note..

Quote Originally Posted by Mirril View Post
    Chatoyant staff +1
    doesnt exist lol the Chatoyant IS the +1 version and there is no Chatoyant Staff +1. Just wanted to clear that up to avoid any confusion.

The debate over the pet matt magian staff and the soulscourge is ongoing and gets incredibly heated. I myself think the magian one is far superior to the soulscourge. But Ive had this fight many times so wont debate it again, thats just my opinion.

Cap staff and merit Shattersoul, its a fantastic ws for smn outside of retribution and Im a firm believer in melee beside your pet. Some mobs/engame of course its a bad idea but it makes things go so much faster and shattersoul can pull some good numbers especially if you make a gear macro for it.

There is also alot of great gear with smn skill+ on it making elemental siphon give back a really good chunk of mp.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2