Character
    Annalise
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Summoner's Attire +2 Question

Just a question for the development team about the Summoner's Relic Set +2.

When equipping the full set, the Summoner has a combined total of Blood Pact Time -23 seconds. The cap is set to 15 seconds. Essentially -8 seconds is pointless, because you already cap at 3/5 pieces.

While I understand that you do not need to use the full set at a time, it makes me wonder, why is this the only armor set in the game with a stat on it that becomes trivial? Isn't it a little strange that you cannot fully utilize a set of armor because the stats on it are trivial and exceed a cap?

Gear haste caps at ~25%, and there is not a single armor set in the game that has more than the capped haste on it. The same can be said for enmity, subtle blow, and other aspects which also do not exceed the cap on any particular armor set. To me, this would almost be like putting capped gear haste on a 5 piece set of armor, and then adding a set bonus of +10% haste which would do nothing.

My question is, what is the actual intention behind exceeding the cap on the armor set? Do the developers intend for summoners just to use a few pieces, since the whole set exceeds the cap? Or are there any plans to increase the lowered bloodpact delay cap, similar to how they increased the cap on other things such as fast cast or critical attack bonus when gear exceeded caps?
    (1)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Considering the set was released around a year ago, I'd say the dev's just multipled the AF2+1 armour for BP delay without putting any thought into it. They certainly haven't done anything about the delay since besides a new ability on a 1hr timer.

Dear devs. All the Summoners are crying out for this fix.
    (6)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Player
    I seriously doubt there was this much thought put into -Delay that exceeds the cap, but there are a few +Delay pieces now that provide other large bonuses. Well, large relative to what most stuff does for pets. Also, the things that bonuses are provided for are calculated during a different phrase than the delay, if I remember right.

Basically, to say that it is hard to tell what the Development Bros are planning is to say it is hard to walk the way a walrus swims.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by Annalise View Post
    My question is, what is the actual intention behind exceeding the cap on the armor set? Do the developers intend for summoners just to use a few pieces, since the whole set exceeds the cap? Or are there any plans to increase the lowered bloodpact delay cap, similar to how they increased the cap on other things such as fast cast or critical attack bonus when gear exceeded caps?
    It's brilliant that we can cap with just a few pieces. This means other slots are free for -DT, MDB etc. pieces. Noone wants to die because they have to run to ~17' to activate the BP. Especially a taru SMN with only ~800 HP to start with!
    (0)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    It's brilliant that we can cap with just a few pieces. This means other slots are free for -DT, MDB etc. pieces. Noone wants to die because they have to run to ~17' to activate the BP. Especially a taru SMN with only ~800 HP to start with!
    Yeah they make it easier to full pdt and mdt stuff def. ^^Technically could just macro in the BP pieces when you use bp . As long as you get them in when you activate you can still switch to your BP DMg+ pieces, Pet MAB pieces, etc before it fires off. I'm lazy though. XD I just use the trial staff and Tieras(sp?) cape's -3 BP delay to do it. Gives you options though ^^.
    (0)

Character
    Pimptarutaru
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    would love to fully use my 5/5 relic+2 and bp delay staves -.-; damn you SE for having -15 cap.............. give smn some love!
    (1)