Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Player
    That admittedly makes sense because you can turn in items early.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    This is completely wrong.
    I'm apperently wrong. Where's your evidence?
    (1)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I guess I should've made the OP a general complaint about dumb design choices and making us sit through pointless animations and multiple confirmation boxes. There's a lot of other places where we don't need to have 6 confirmation boxes when we're the ones that initiate the trade, especially when there's nothing to lose.

Why do they put 20 confirmation boxes on stuff where mistakes cannot be made/can be rectified immediately (magian trials), but don't even put one in cases where a screwed up trade ends up making you lose millions (Trading 100 ancient currencies in for 10ks)? To make this worse, sometimes they put the yes on top, and sometimes they put the yes on the bottom, there's no consistency to it at all and it gives me a headache just thinking about it.
    (3)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Where's yours? My evidence is that that is a server-side process and the client sees none of it, so why is it necessary to freeze the client during that time? Also, process does not take that long, unless SE's servers are from the 60s it will be instant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    I guess I should've made the OP a general complaint about dumb design choices and making us sit through pointless animations and multiple confirmation boxes. There's a lot of other places where we don't need to have 6 confirmation boxes when we're the ones that initiate the trade, especially when there's nothing to lose.
    And why do they not put a confirmation box on the OP warp guy? When you click "Teleport using Conquest Points" by mistake (which you will, because they added it right above the "Cancel" option, where the old Gil-Teleport used to be), there's no way around it anymore, and CP are scarce to come by these days. It's one of the very few things in the entire game that even warrants a confirmation box at all, and it has none, whereas Dom Ops require you to hit enter six times just for the text that no one cares about and has two confirmations. Are you absolutely, positively sure that's good game design?
    (4)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Lose that sarcasm and I'll like your post as well. The animation is completely retarded and whoever made it should be fired.

It's pretty cute IMO(serious), but I guess nobody want to see same animation for 100 times that's for sure.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Someone mentioned that the time spent during the animation is the time spent processing the info. While this might be true to the degree, you'll notice that every single time you've needed to pull up a trial, it takes the exact same amount of time (Barring you lagging horribly, but that's you receiving the sent information slower). This likely means they actually hard-coded a minimum to the amount of time you have to wait for each option to appear instead of just having the client display a prompt as soon as the information is ready. You can see this in other places too- it always takes the exact same amount of time for the Dynamis entry prompt to appear, it always takes the same amount of time for the door confirmations in salvage, etc.

It's something I would really like for them to stop doing in general, it's just that Magian trials are probably the worst offender because each time you accept a trial it takes at least 10 seconds for it to tag the weapon, and that's not counting all the horrible menu-flipping you're forced to do. It shouldn't take me almost a minute for me to confirm a "go kill 500 bees" quest.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    And why do they not put a confirmation box on the OP warp guy? When you click "Teleport using Conquest Points" by mistake (which you will, because they added it right above the "Cancel" option, where the old Gil-Teleport used to be), there's no way around it anymore, and CP are scarce to come by these days. It's one of the very few things in the entire game that even warrants a confirmation box at all, and it has none, whereas Dom Ops require you to hit enter six times just for the text that no one cares about and has two confirmations. Are you absolutely, positively sure that's good game design?
    Arcon for president 2016
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Where's yours? My evidence is that that is a server-side process and the client sees none of it, so why is it necessary to freeze the client during that time? Also, process does not take that long, unless SE's servers are from the 60s it will be instant.
    SO I take it that you've never read anything the devs have posted here before. Particularly the ones about why they can't make CS skippable?
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    SO I take it that you've never read anything the devs have posted here before. Particularly the ones about why they can't make CS skippable?
    The devs have never posted here before, the Community Reps have. And I read exactly one comment regarding that, and it had nothing to do with what you're saying, and from what I remember it was largely bullshit anyway. Post it if you want me to show you why instead of just going "but somewhere, sometime, the devs said something".
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

You made the initial claim that it is a data processing point and that you'd have to wait the same amount of time anyway. Burden of proof is on you.
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast