Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Well really I cant complain about that because even if you suck at a job at 99, it often shows in your gear.
    (3)

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Well really I cant complain about that because even if you suck at a job at 99, it often shows in your gear.
    ^this^
    plus your reputation says quite a bit.
    (1)

Character
    Thorbean
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    IDK about that. With all the blinkering that was going on, any gimp could spend 2-3 weeks in a worm party, switch the cruor to gil and buy an Emp/Relic weapon without so much as touching a pop set or Dynamis. Not that worm partys are bad, or only bad players are in worm partys. It's a great way to grind out a few merits if you decide to switch some stats around to suit your newest favoured job or whatever.

On the flip side, the people who took the time to level their job and learn to play it well without exploiting the system are overlooked or shunned from alot of content PUG's. Most of the time, these players are leaps and bounds ahead of many better geared players simply because the job comes naturally through the various encounters throughout the leveling process.

You really can't tell how good a player is until you actually party with them.
    (1)

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorbean View Post
    On the flip side, the people who took the time to level their job and learn to play it well without exploiting the system are overlooked or shunned from alot of content PUG's. Most of the time, these players are leaps and bounds ahead of many better geared players simply because the job comes naturally through the various encounters throughout the leveling process.

You really can't tell how good a player is until you actually party with them.
    Reminds me of the perle bst I saw in Kuftal tunnel a few weeks back. They got aggro'd by a robber crab, and actually zoned it before coming back to use the grounds tome. It is one of the few times I /facepalmed. I guess tame and/or charm don't actually exist anymore.
    (2)

Character
    Etri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    I can agree with this to a point but the one thing that people often see is that skill = gear and it really is not the case at all, if anything gear = luck and skill = skill.

I have seen RDMs go out and acquire everything in the realm of Avesta, wear it in town, etc etc and not only can they not solo their way out of a paper bag, they had someone else beat Maat for them, AND don't have the balls to pop chainspell in tight situations.
    (0)

Player
    I wasn't saying that good gear = good player. Just in general, you can tell a perle geared player likely does not know a ton about what they are doing, the same can be said of people in pink & teal. That does not mean that someone in full +2 with an Emp is a badass, they could easily suck. I myself am an example, I do not know a ton about COR, however have wanted to make a gun for the simple reason of basic use in VW for COR. But in general 1 way of telling if someone knows their job or not is their gear, and part of that also is in how to gear the job.
    (0)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This game has become entirely to unfriendly to new players
    Is this a joke?

Doubled EXP, FoV/GoV pages and buffs, Signet protection, skillup change, dirt cheap Instant Warps... the list goes on, all of these are things available to new players that were not available to me, and likely many others here when we started playing the game. It is *significantly* easier to get started nowadays. The catch is, they have to play a lot more catch-up. In a type of game that's forever moving onward as time goes by, this is kinda inevitable.

The game is itself very nice to newbies comparatively to how it was back then. The real issue is having a top-heavy playerbase, not the game itself.
    (1)

Player
    While you are correct you are also incorrect, back when all of that didn't exist, you had other players around lower levels, now for your 1st 60~70 levels you have no one except a potential GoV party.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Xantavia View Post
    Reminds me of the perle bst I saw in Kuftal tunnel a few weeks back. They got aggro'd by a robber crab, and actually zoned it before coming back to use the grounds tome. It is one of the few times I /facepalmed. I guess tame and/or charm don't actually exist anymore.
    Stop i peed my self laughing at this idiot. I got one even dumber there was a lvl 99 BST askin for help on Dark Spark the NM for bst hands.
    (0)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    While you are correct you are also incorrect, back when all of that didn't exist, you had other players around lower levels,
    Again, that is a result of the playerbase becoming top-heavy, not a result of the game "becoming unfriendly". The game itself is much more friendly to new players than it was to the old ones.
    (1)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast