Regarding Adjusting Content Difficulty

Translated by: Slycer

Quote Originally Posted by Oriole View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Odin.Chocotto
    Some comments about how after the Embrava/PD adjustments, Legion may be significantly more difficult, asking them to take player feedback into account and maybe take a second look at it, blah blah...
    I want to respond to this with two points.

First of all, regarding your feedback that we are using the forums to negotiate updates, this just isn't true. Since the changes we proposed are the result of numerous and repeated studies, we reference the feedback here only to make the proposed adjustments better. If there is a plan to compromise from the beginning, we will let you know from the start.

My second comment is about the degree of difficulty. Although there are a lot of negatives here, I hope you can read this and view it honestly without being offended.

For the high end content, we have the difficulty set so that players who aren't high enough level or don't have good enough equipment will have a more difficult time than skilled players, such as Legion, and floor 100 of Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey. As a result, this content will be difficult to clear for certain players. In light of the difficulty, though, the performance of the rewards is also set correspondingly under the assumption that not everyone will be able to acquire the rewards.

We can't really guarantee that everyone will be able to clear the high difficulty content. (Honestly based on the difficulty, Hall of Mul is somewhat unreasonable, but it's nice to see that people with some good luck or strategies have still been able to complete it).

Therefore, some people will feel that content is too difficult, but there is no way we can have content that is a suitable difficulty for every single player.** You can either boost your equipment to a higher level to slightly lower the difficulty or formulate different methods for completing the content to go against the high end content.

To do this, of course, a phased upgrade makes the most sense, so there must be content at multiple moderate levels of difficulty along the way. We think it's necessary to work hard to add more of this kind of content.

With respect to difficulty, since perception varies from person to person and there will always be objections, in order to add new content we must take a stance and draw a line somewhere. The content we're discussing here was intended to be high difficulty content, and we hope you can understand this.

**In the future, when we plan to add new high level content, we will consider the difficulty of previously added content.
    Translated by: Slycer
    (3)

Player
    The problem with that entire thing is that the only strat that works is the same old strat of cockblocking the mob completely and then zerging the shit out of it till it dies. The fact Legion mobs hit as hard as they do means you can not possibly survive if it was fought with any strat besides nulling most or all damage they throw at you. NNI was flawed and is flawed for the fact luck plays a large part in it, and even looking past luck, the speed they expect you to go to climb is bad when they are basically removing the only fast way of actually moving at the speed they suggest.

They act as if there is an amount of progression you make, where eventually mobs hitting you dead in only 2~3 hits in Legion, becomes 5~8 hits, so you can live without the cockblocking, the problem is, that doesn't exist. Progression also only works when you build up to it, you add the easy stuff, then get harder as you go, making large leaps as it seems they are saying, then going back to add the medium content does not work, it has simply pissed us off because the progression has not been there, we simply have had to deal with the idea that either A, you stop the mob from doing anything, or B, you die without a chance.

I wonder if we will be going back to how AV & PW were, where SE knows how to beat the content, they have a super secret strat that works, but refuse to inform us exactly how that is, while their player base tries for years. I still don't think to this day we know exactly how either were meant to be beaten really, as everyone seems to just use PD and or Embrava now days. Is there a certain super secret way to kill Legion and do NNI and we just don't know how? This is stupid to me, always was, always will be.

First of all, regarding your feedback that we are using the forums to negotiate updates, this just isn't true. Since the changes we proposed are the result of numerous and repeated studies, we reference the feedback here only to make the proposed adjustments better. If there is a plan to compromise from the beginning, we will let you know from the start.
    Good to know my input means nothing to SE. I will be canceling my subscription soon I believe. If my input on what I think is wrong, is not being actually used or taken into account, then screw SE and the game itself, as there is little point to continuing to play a game of which will never be changed, so that the players actually are treated as though their opinions matter.
    (7)

Character
    Arkista
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Making the content easier would not really make a difference what needs to be done is and adjustment to NNI its mostly luck with floor jumps. Legion and odin V2 is fine the way it is, But being told in order to win that high end content is for skilled players "BETTER GEAR" than other is just wrong. Maybe if you all fixed the drop rates for VW gear then more people would have a chance to do this high end content. I myself use cells and always get logs and other npc stuff but the drop rates are horrible some people will get good gear after a few runs then theres people like me who go 500+ even some people say 1500+ times and not get the drop but others get the drop and turn around and get cells left and right.Fix drop rate 1% on a dagger or body and going 500+ times without getting one just doesnt add up. Or make it so gear sets like Athos can be given away.
    (7)
    Last edited by Arkista; 11-16-2012 at 08:52 AM.

Character
    Helyos
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Ok now that they've came out and said it let's see here...to be order to stand a bit of a chance at legion:

I'm gonna need 60 slots of inventory for gear. Per job. Along with about 3 macro sets for switching in/out gear for when i'm about to get blown to bits magically/physically, instant deathally(awesome new word now that I think about it), or in case i just feel like i dunno, WSing maybe.

To get one piece of said situational gear (assuming AF3+2 is done) I'm going to have to:

Do 200~infinity VWs

Make a weapon that costs at least 100mil. Oh and if it's not Ragnarok...well you better just go ahead and make it Ragnarok.

Upgrade said weapon for roughly x4 the original amount (correct me if I'm wrong here) to 99.

Take a couple weeks to get the sets for and do the +'s of Limbus and Ein to get a CHANCE at getting that gear. Gear's not all that great accept for the ONE STAT. But at least my umpteen gear sets will be awesome.

Then, after all that's done, get on my knees and pray for the couple of weeks I do Neo-Nyzul so I don't get fcked by floor jumps.

Now I'm ready to do Legion! Oh but wait.

You need to find 17 more people who did all of the above. Hope they have the right jobs.

Ya know, when you actually make the list of it, it doesn't all seem that bad..
    (2)
    Last edited by Helyos; 11-17-2012 at 03:25 AM.

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The worst part is that nothing is ever a straight upgrade anymore (meaning you still have to carry that old gear) and our inventory space is pitifully low considering what we have to carry to be effective players. Even if the game is supposed to be a hard gear grind, you'd expect us to at least have either gear that doesn't require as many macros as a reward, or more space so our super situational super gear isn't killing us right?

Quote Originally Posted by Helyos View Post
    I'm gonna need 60 slots of inventory for gear. Per job. Along with about 3 macro sets for switching in/out gear for when i'm about to get blown to bits magically/physically, instant deathally(awesome new word now that I think about it), or in case i just feel like i dunno, WSing maybe.
    We're tied down by the 80 slot "PS2 limitation", tied down by the limited amount of Mog House space we have, and tied down by gear never replacing old gear, just being slightly better at one thing.

Even if we can say "whatever, gear grind" why do we have to put up with something so stupidly painful as our inventory situation?
    (2)

Character
    Helyos
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Even if we can say "whatever, gear grind" why do we have to put up with something so stupidly painful as our inventory situation?
    They're releasing Seekers of Adoulin for the the PS2 only in Japan. If that tells you anything.
    (0)

Character
    Winrie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    SE doesn't give a shit about what we need or want, XI is a cash source to fuel other expenses. Their updates are non negotiable despite massive objections, even the attempts to tell the dev team "Hey we only use this stuff cause the mobs are retarded strong lol" is met with "get better gear" how about you guys look at most people who do the content and check out their equipment then come back to these forums and feed that bullshit again. We pay for this game not you, we shouldn't have to kiss your asses, we sign your paychecks, not vice versa. I'll be shutting down my accounts very soon I think.
    (1)