Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Monkey-grip for PLDs

PLDs really shouldn't give up their shields, but they can't keep up with DPS to keep hate.

So how about let them use 2H weapons in their main hand and still keep their shield?

In other games it's called monkey-grip. Calabolg + Ochain = 45 Vit for Torcleaver as well as defensive stats.

PLDs might be able to do their jobs and possibly have more fun doing it.
    (3)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    - First SE already said they wouldn't up PLD's damage, which this would do.
    - Second Enmity being broken means even if PLD's DPS went up they still wouldn't be able to act as a "tank". No one does that anymore all DD share the job now.
    - Third VIT and DEF (outside of the shield) are terrible "defensive stats". This would be why you don't see Paladins or any other job loading up on them to tank relevant monsters. PDT, Shield's DEF, and blocks from shields are what make a big difference if you're considering "defensive stats".
    - Forth Calabolg would be a terrible option for PLD considering PLD is on Ragnarok and you'd be using Resolution over Torcleaver anyway.

Now to play with the idea anyway, with decent buffs and good gear a PLD could put out some decent numbers. It still wouldn't become the "tank" because of the second reason I gave.

Edit: If you think Ochain is easy and Ragnarok is hard for whatever reason there is also the Occasionally Attacks Twice Magian Great Sword.
    (3)
    Last edited by Zagen; 11-14-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Should wait until SE comes out with their 'fix' for the enmity system that they have talked about. See how they manage to break it before thinking of more ways for PLD to tank.
    (3)

Player
    Cant fit 2h weapon animations onto one hand, the clipping would be insane, theyd have to make brand new animations for all 2h weapon skills to be shown with a single hand.
    (0)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Galka don't have any problem 1handing 2handed weapons during WSs. Also, I'd have no complaints about them spending some more time adding animation to this game. It is old in many aspects and the animation is definitely one of the biggest offenders.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I find it hilarious that the biggest detractors in a post that essentially asks for new animations is the argument that new animations would have to be added, and not that the idea itself is inherently bad or completely unviable.

As a D&D player with an embarrassing amount of session time, I support monkey grip. Hospitaler ftw.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    Galka don't have any problem 1handing 2handed weapons during WSs. Also, I'd have no complaints about them spending some more time adding animation to this game. It is old in many aspects and the animation is definitely one of the biggest offenders.
    The animation quality is one of this game's biggest offenders? That's kind of a crazy thing to say.
    (1)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I would love to see this if for no other reason we could use Spirit Taker with a shield. That would be awesome in my humble opinion ^^
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    PLDs might be able to do their jobs and possibly have more fun doing it.
    The job of PLD is to carry Ochain. There is no other purpose.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"