Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Seekers of adoulin information updates where?

it has been nearly 6 months since the announcement of SOA and we have not gotten one single update as to ANYTHING about this expansion. no job demos, no area footage, no nothing. can you as a company, please do something to satisfiy your loyal fans dissatisfaction with the lack of information.
    (28)

You shouldn't expect to hear anything new until at least near the end of December, and the expansion won't come until March-July at the very least.
    (0)

Player
    You expect info? Cait Sith & Atomos were 2 years ago we just got the most basic stupid video ever with them telling us they basically did no work, the expansion is probably far off, 2014 or maybe worse.
    (9)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    im basically just trying to confirm that due to the launching of ARR in ff XIV that no real work has been done on anything signifigant in FF11. if the community reps dont have a response of some form (outside of deleting the thread as theyve done so many times when a good point has been brought up) to this thread it does nothing but confirm my theory that SE is systematically trying to get everyone to move to FFXIV. i can see it now 2015: World transfer service to FF XIV.
    (8)

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    im basically just trying to confirm that due to the launching of ARR in ff XIV that no real work has been done on anything signifigant in FF11. if the community reps dont have a response of some form (outside of deleting the thread as theyve done so many times when a good point has been brought up) to this thread it does nothing but confirm my theory that SE is systematically trying to get everyone to move to FFXIV. i can see it now 2015: World transfer service to FF XIV.
    Good luck with that, if they were to ever admit they have been doing next to nothing on FFXI and all of the money being generated was being funneled into FFXIV 2.0 they would be essentially be creating a PR nightmare at best.
    (0)

They did state in a post a long time ago that the dev team for 14 has nothing to do with what happens with xi dev team (and vice versa). But having said that, they are likely running xi on skeleton staff.. which is why it takes so long for anything to get done
    (1)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yeah they don't really expect much sales from FFXI expansion, the people who play the game will buy it regardless so why waste effort and money to advertise. Marketing dept probably calculating return of investment and decided not worth spending any money to advertise or do any PR related for the expansion, it's a fixed number of sales, the addict will buy it regardless. It's sad really. They really hope ARR FF14 will be a great success lol. As usual, we can vote with our action, you can either buy it at $60 brand new, or wait till it hits discounted bargain bin for $10. Your choice really, we all know they will have no content worth paying at least for 6-8 months. This is not abyssea expansion.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    They have done very little with it outside of design I would think.

As you said once they finish the majority of the work on XIV they will push the dev teams back out to work on other projects, including this one. That will mean the new expansion will probably be shovelware but at this point does anyone really expect anything else?

The FFXI players have long since been considered addicts and given very little respect, "put out anything, they will buy it" applies and the money is mainly to fund XIV anyway, none of it will be put back into making this game better.

I'm very close to ending my time with FFXI, not because I don't like the game anymore but just because I've had enough of being treated so badly by the company that runs it, all they care about is the potential XIV players. They used to care about us but but they really don't anymore.

When FFXIV fails they will try to fall back on FFXI and realise they left it too late.
    (9)

Character
    Mortificator
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think this expansion should be free to players who've had an account for atleast over 1year to make up for they way they've treated us lately. I feel the same as others, my faith in SE is almost non existent, if it wasn't for friends and family playing this game i would have turned my back on SE altogether and gone to Capcom for Monster Hunter.
    (7)

Character
    Bananavivi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    While I don't necessarily agree with the tone of this thread, I would like some new information regarding the expansion as well. I completely understand if it is too early to release concrete features or timelines, but maybe we could get a couple concept art illustrations? Some insight into the storyline or characters? Little tidbits would be great, I think we are all excited about it ^_^
    (0)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast