Character
    Xanaduu
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95

Stringing Pummel gear

I've been wondering what other pple use gear wise to get the most out of SP, idr what all i use atm but its a mix of emp+2(5/5 on that), usukane (missing body but w/ +2 body its kinda not worth getting).
    my normal WS set up, and its prolly missing some things, is~
    Taipan Fangs+2 (str/atk path)
    cirque+2 head
    cirque+2 body
    cirque+2 hands (used to be enkidu's)
    usukane legs
    cirque+2 feet
    pantin cape
    flame torque and flame belt
    brutal / aesir earrings
    rajas / spiral rings
    i should prolly use kemas earring over brutal but i havent bought 1 yet, but i cant seem to break 1.4k dmg even is abyssea and all i hear from other pups is "woo! 2k+ dmg on that 1!!" and so on... I didnt think my setup was bad but....any advise on gear setups would help greatly. GOGO PUP!
    (0)

Character
    Phraust
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Everything looks fine to me. Hell you're even using WS Gorget/Belt.

Idk why you're having issues breaking 1.4k though, I mean underskilled and with less than what you got, I was doign 2k+ with relative ease. Am I safe in assuming you're at least using Razed Ruins? Your Gear should be more than adequate, even bare handed.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Xanaduu View Post
    I've been wondering what other pple use gear wise to get the most out of SP, idr what all i use atm but its a mix of emp+2(5/5 on that), usukane (missing body but w/ +2 body its kinda not worth getting).
    my normal WS set up, and its prolly missing some things, is~
    Taipan Fangs+2 (str/atk path)
    cirque+2 head
    cirque+2 body
    cirque+2 hands (used to be enkidu's)
    usukane legs
    cirque+2 feet
    pantin cape
    flame torque and flame belt
    brutal / aesir earrings
    rajas / spiral rings
    i should prolly use kemas earring over brutal but i havent bought 1 yet, but i cant seem to break 1.4k dmg even is abyssea and all i hear from other pups is "woo! 2k+ dmg on that 1!!" and so on... I didnt think my setup was bad but....any advise on gear setups would help greatly. GOGO PUP!
    Yes. Enhancement spells and effects from pt members and food. If you're trying to solo the damage, then you're completely reliant on the food, besides the gear you have there.
    (0)
    I like playing dnc. But, as galka, they should have natural earth damage to most dnc abilities.

Won't Quote, but i think Stringing Pummel is a Critical hit WS?

Razed Ruins should massively help that. Don't forget your Red Curry buns either :P I'm not pup so i dunno what other Atmas to use outside of Razed Ruins, but RR Alone should keep your numbers above 1,500
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'd use anwig salade if you have one (4 str, 2% ws dmg) over cirque head.

Also, yea your atma are going to be important here. Which are you using?
    (0)

Character
    Xanaduu
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95
    yea i use RR most of the time im on pup unless magic dmg is needed, normal straight up DD setup for me is razed ruins, gnarled horn and either apoc or stout arm, solo stuff i use RR, apoc and minikin for whm auto so idk whats up w/ my dmg output, i seem to be unlucky most of the time w/ doing good dmg... maybe its my freakishly long elvaan arms and legs >_>
    (0)

Character
    Miera
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 96
    I think Gnarled Horn is also a critical hit Atma you can stack with RR.

When I fought Rani with a brew(lol) as a PUP I was told that I should use VV RR GH or RR GH and SS

but that was just for brewing a NM.

However, I get plenty confused when using Atmas because you also have to think about the Puppet too, and usually I use the Mage Puppet so my I can't use all the good atmas I want. VV RR MM

Soloing with WHM frame looks like RR C&D MM

Gah. D:

But I don't see nothing wrong with your gear, I am sure buffs from other parties could greatly increase Stringing Pummel damage.
    (0)
    You've been trolled! You've been trolled you have probably been told, "don't reply to this guy, he is just getting a rise out of you," yes its true you respond and that's his cue to start trouble on the double while he strokes his manly stubble. You've been trolled you've been trolled you should probably just fold when the only winning move is not to play! And yet you keep on trying mindlessly replying, you've been trolled, you've been trolled, have a nice day!

Character
    Xanaduu
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 95
    ohhh yea, totally 4got about VV, think i've gone 2 long w/o my ff11 fix @.@;
    (0)

Character
    Frejan
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I don't know what can be causing the low damage of your SP, because my WS gear is clearly inferior in many slots, and with RR/VV/whatever(don't have GH yet) I get an average of 3-3.5k SP on exp mobs, with peaks of 4.3k, and on seals NMs I average 2-2.5k.
    (0)
    Frejan from Ragnarok, at your service.

Character
    Esor
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    i personally use VV/RR/apoc for max pummel damage, RR/GH/apoc when tanking (which is rare)
    does anyone have any math to compare how much better usu haramaki is vs cirque bod +2?
    current setup is
    str taipan/--/anim+1
    anwig/soil/brutal/kemas
    cirque +1/cirque+1/epona/rajas
    pantin/soil/cirque+2/cirque +2
    (having issues getting +2's)

ideal upgrades are cirque bod > usu and +1's >+2
    but i have this dilemma.

sentry belt/agasaya's vs soil belt/gorget? have both, assume both are close in numbers, but which wins?
    (0)