Hybrid View

Character
    Ihm
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Splitting JA timers

So I hear that they're planning on splitting the Jump timers into 4 abilities now, which means that Spirit/Soul jump are now on significantly longer timers and are completely unaffected by merits.

High Jump is completely useless in high haste situations, and due to the massive delay between performing a JA then your next action (The 2 second delay), using Jump in a high haste situation just lowers your overall damage.

Why so nerf?
    (7)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    2 seconds is a huge delay?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    2 seconds is a huge delay?
    It is.

However, you only have to wait 1 second before you can perform another JA, so if chain-jump, it's not as bad.
    (8)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    It is.

However, you only have to wait 1 second before you can perform another JA, so if chain-jump, it's not as bad.
    So if I'm drunk then the delay probably doesn't mean much. I always operate under the assumption that we're all drunk while playing, and I'd be willing to bet the developers are drunk while coding and/or testing because if I made as much as they did to piss people off on a consistent basis I'd be sauced 24/7. My dream job, in fact. :3
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    It is.

Yep, Chain Jump, or Jump > WS and the delay is irrelevant.

Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    DRG is interesting because they can equip enough store TP with /SAM to make a 3-Hit Build. WS > Auto Attack > Jump > High Jump > WS. Any additional attacks in there and you do it with fewer jumps.

Use Spirit or Soul Jump, same thing but faster.

Use a Ryunohige's Aftermath, WS all day.

People just need to start gearing them and building better macro sets. I agree Mythic or GTFO is really steep, but that's the reality of it because Piercing is usually a liability instead of a boon.
    3-Hit!? Either you're on crack or you mean 4-Hit and forgot WS hit is included.

OAT Lance is about the highest delay polearm I can see and for a 3-hit you need 142 STp (127 with /SAM) in both TP hits and WS gear.

for a 4-Hit you need 82 STp (67 with /SAM). However, assuming you only get 20 TP back from WS, which you will if you're not gimping your WS gear by WSing in full STp, you need 94 STp for TPing (79 with /SAM), which isn't sensibly achieveable.

Unless you were referring to our Conserve TP, which is completely unreliable. If only it was a static value and gear affected the % of it kicking in only. Or, it kicked in 100% and gear/traits affected the amount only.
    (1)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 11-12-2012 at 04:07 PM.

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    3-Hit!? Either you're on crack or you mean 4-Hit and forgot WS hit is included.
    3 Hits + WS = 3 hits to me. If you want to call it something different, then sure, but that's what I'm referring too as well.

Jumps are nice because you can jump in whatever gear you want. It doesn't require capped haste. So if you want solid TP gain, you can use your jumps as auto attacks with maxed Store TP.

If you have a Mythic with lvl 3 Aftermath, you can OaThrice with your Store TP set and automatically go back to WSing.

DRG is just as savagely gear dependent as a job can get in this game. I don't play my DRG because I know it's not better than a normal DD unless I'm geared to the teeth. I'm not geared to the teeth, so I continue to collect pieces until I am.

The splitting of JA timers will only help serious DRG. It will probably do very little for people who are poorly geared or not particularly knowledgeable of how to max out DRGs strengths. I personally look forward to it because all of the complaints about normal Jump and High Jump go away when your goal is getting a Mythic and having an amazing Store TP set.

IMHO DRG is about Spaming WSs like there is no tomorrow and then Super Jumping away if things get too crazy. King Behemoth used to be solo'd by DRGs with Penta Thrust before they adjusted WS TP gain. There is enough gear in the game to emulate most of what DRG used to be capable of.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Ihm
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It is when your attack rounds are less than it.
    (9)

Player
    If they boost Jump/High Jump damage significantly and also make them grant bonus TP, it would be worthwhile.

Jump 1.5x TP
    High Jump 1.5x TP
    Spirit Jump 2.5x TP
    Soul Jump 3.5x TP

Under Rouse Wyvern
    Jump:2x
    High Jump:2x
    Spirit Jump:3x
    Soul Jump:4x

I think that would be fair.
    (6)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    DRG is interesting because they can equip enough store TP with /SAM to make a 3-Hit Build. WS > Auto Attack > Jump > High Jump > WS. Any additional attacks in there and you do it with fewer jumps.

People just need to start gearing them and building better macro sets. I agree Mythic or GTFO is really steep, but that's the reality of it because Piercing is usually a liability instead of a boon.
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Ihm
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post

Can I please get the set you recommend for a 3-hit build? I would LOVE to see it. I assume you cap haste in said 3-hit build and can pull it off without a sTP polearm right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    ^They won't do that simply because that's what makes Spirit and Soul Jump unique. If they made Jump and High Jump better for split timer purposes, I'd rather them increase their TP gain slightly to make up for the interruption of attack speed.(Assuming 60 minutes of jumps, activating each jump exactly when they're up you're looking at something like 2-3minutes of pure JA delay per hour, that 2-3min of JA delay means that's 2-3min of 0 damage idleness.)

If anything I'd rather them give us traits that enhance our Jump damage/tp gain, something like each tier adds 10 base damage and either a Store TP+ to the Jump, or Jump TP Bonus. I'd really rather them not introduce more "Jump TP Bonus" gear because we don't have the inventory to carry that crap around, and that would also reduce damage of our jumps since we'd rather be jumping in Double/Triple/Quad Attack Gear or Crit Damage Bonus gear than Jump TP bonus gear--unless they make a compound item that beats everything else for that slot in terms of Jump damage AND has a Jump TP Bonus attribute(maybe for neo-Ares gear).

The most parsimonious way to go though is to give us Traits like Shield Mastery/Dual Wield that just improve Jump base damage/TP gain.

+++ Could come up with badass names for the traits:

Skydiver
    Airtime
    High Time
    Killer Air
    Air Hike
    Spring Heel
    High Dive
    While your idea of increasing the tp does sound nice, the problem is it's not really going to be beneficial to overall damage. If you're on a 5hit and your jump gets 1.5 hits worth of TP, that just means you have an overflow on your WS. Now I get you said 1.5 on Jump and 1.5 on High Jump so that means 3x TP if you use both back to back, but their timers don't line up for that to happen so you'll still end up with that overflow. I know the overflow does help your WS (More Crit on Drakes and higher fTP on Stardiver) but still. The reason Spirit/Soul jump are so useful still is that they give such a big increase in TP, being 2 and 3 times your base TP, which will actually add into a TP phase to effectively WS back to back even in a capped haste zerg situation, which lets be honest, any content that matters these days is a capped haste zerg.
    (1)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast