Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Logic: There may be some people who actually like changes. It's a fucking weird concept to grasp I know, but maybe..just maybe some people actually like something others don't?

We're humans aren't we?
    There are some things so stupid that no sane person could possibly like.
    (3)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Calatilla View Post
    A dislike button won't change anything, when people dislike an update or a nerf they voice their concerns and the devs ignore them, like they always have. All a dislike button will do is show the devs how many people they managed to piss off this week who were too annoyed to make an actual post.
    Also think of it from the player base point of view. A lot of people just dont' read posts, but that same person that doesn't read anything could also see that people realy like or hate the idea. Devs/mods/reps may still ignore what people are saying, but a visual reminder of X dislikes, is a lot harder to just pass over.
    (1)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Elexia View Post
    Logic: There may be some people who actually like changes. It's a fucking weird concept to grasp I know, but maybe..just maybe some people actually like something others don't?

We're humans aren't we?
    People like changes THAT AFFECT THEM AND EVERYONE ELSE NEGATIVELY? Do they really? Ugh... I just don't know what to do with some of you sometimes.
    (4)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Fire. It is the only way.
    (1)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmalum View Post
    "We are so insecure we can't stand the idea that someone might not like what WE have to say, but we demand the right to do the same for the people who provide the game and the forum." Do you have any idea just how arrogant and hypocritical that sounds? Dislikes for everybody, or for nobody.
    ...What? Tsukino is proposing we have a way to communicate to the Devs (with a simple glance rather than having to read 58 pages of utter logorrhea) that we dislike what they're saying. The reason we don't have 'dislikes' on the forum is so that nobody has their feelings hurt. It's similar to facebook. Dislikes don't exist because then people flame one another and dislike everything particular people write, even when they might provide something useful (just because they are who they are). It's too easy for people to troll other people, and in the end, if you don't like a post, just ignore it (whereas 'liking' is a positive feature and boosts happy feelings, and lets people know when a post is appreciated. Usually the more likes a post has, the better an idea it is).

It's NOT hypocrisy. It's saying, "we understand why the dislike function doesn't exist, but can we please return it to Dev and Forum Mod posts so we can effectively communicate our displeasure with their news bringing".

I don't understand all this rage that you have. "Childish expression of spite"? Not at all.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    Also think of it from the player base point of view. A lot of people just dont' read posts, but that same person that doesn't read anything could also see that people realy like or hate the idea. Devs/mods/reps may still ignore what people are saying, but a visual reminder of X dislikes, is a lot harder to just pass over.
    42. It totally explains the 25 different arguments why your post is not very usefull.

Knowing why people oppose a certain change is important as well. It allows Camate & friends to reply to specific issues that have been raised. Sometimes a dislike is based on insufficient information.
    Take RDM SP2 for example. It's utterly crap in the current game, because enfeebling is either useless or hits immunity. But they are changing immunities across the board in a future update. This might make the SP2 a valuable addition to the RDM arsenal. Might. If the devs know we are worried about this, they can give a targetted response, instead of wondering what x dislikes mean.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Knowing why people oppose a certain change is important as well.
    Yes, we are all aware of this, but we are also aware of the fact that a very large portion of these opposisions go unanswered regardless of the validity of their content. Adding a dislike button to dev posts wont negate the fact that people are posting anything. It'll add to what the devs are not seeing/reading/ignoring.
    Also consider that a lot of these dev posts are in threads that cannot be replied to. Being able to see these values on an original post and not an offshoot thread would be helpful to everyone.
    (2)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    What if they made it like other forums where if fame is lowered enough, you cannot post. So all the retarded ideas the dev's like to throw out there, we can just rate down them and the community reps to oblivion.

If they wanna ignore us, we can ignore them too!

Now, excuse me while I return to reality....
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Player
    i would love to have a dislike button the devs have removed my threads twice for no good reason
    (0)

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezikiel View Post
    i would love to have a dislike button the devs have removed my threads twice for no good reason
    Making any type of negative comments towards any member of SE is calls for ban/deletion of postings. Also they reserve the rights to ban/delete whatever they deem to. You agreed to this when you signed up for the forum.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast