Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Say for instance I do not like Pchan, for that reason I would have a bias reason to say I dislike anything he posts simply because it is he who says it. If many people dislike someone, a good post with alot of good points and valid info, could end up with 20 dislikes, and 5 likes, meaning even though its good, people who simply do not like the poster could end up making it look terrible.

Posts we get from our Reps, are a different matter. Our ability to dislike their posts would show we are against a change or update that is being announced or updated, thus giving them the idea we do not like what is being done, in hopes to change their course of action.

There is a fine line between the two, its why one is actually a good idea, the other is not actually a good idea.
    But people are still capable of being biased against community team members and members of the dev team, either individually or as a whole. If Tanaka posted here under the system you propose, do you really think the dislikes for his post would be purely a product of his post and not dislike for him personally? When people are unhappy about the direction of the game as a whole--like they are right now--don't you think that any official post is going to get more than its "fair share" of dislikes? Biased responses apply to both player and official posts, so there is no reason to treat the two differently.

As for showing that we are against a change or update, that isn't the problem we have. Unpopular changes can be easily discerned by the tidal wave of negative responses and the high number of likes for those responses. The problem isn't that the community reps can't tell that we are unhappy; the problem is that the dev team doesn't care. There isn't any change that we can make to the forums that will change that.

Finally, we keep seeing posts from the dev team asking not to just say that we don't like something, but to offer suggestions instead. So why do you think they would have any interest in a feature that has no purpose except to give them something they specifically said that they don't want?
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    We is saying and what your are ignoring and/or incapable of seeing are the same thing. In that MOD/DeV posts have threads filled with negative and contrary commentary againsts the topic at hand that goes seemingly ignored. With conclusion of the company doing what they wanted regardless of what we wanted. A dislike button on their posts alone will give a more simplified and visual indicator as to what is strongly liked and or disliked. t would also give a venue to people who are not capable to strongly voicing their opinions in writing.

Also do please try to keep in mind the topic at hand when posting. This is a thread for a dislike button for MOD/DeV posts only, not a thread for a dislike button in greneral. Thanks.
    (1)
    Last edited by Tsukino_Kaji; 11-15-2012 at 05:42 AM.

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    We is saying and what your are ignoring and/or incapable of seeing are the same thing. In that MOD/DeV posts have threads filled with negative and contrary commentary againsts the topic at hand that goes seemingly ignored. With conclusion of the company doing what they wanted regardless of what we wanted.
    What would make it harder for them to ignore a "dislike" number than the already existing negative responses?

A dislike button on their posts alone will give a more simplified and visual indicator as to what is strongly liked and or disliked. t would also give a venue to people who are not capable to strongly voicing their opinions in writing.
    People already do this, by "liking" the posts of people whose objections speak well for them.

Also do please try to keep in mind the topic at hand when posting. This is a thread for a dislike button for MOD/DeV posts only, not a thread for a dislike button in greneral. Thanks.
    I'm actually in favor of a "dislike" button in general. I'm simply not seeing any reasons for limiting it to official posts that I think are good ones.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmalum View Post
    What would make it harder for them to ignore a "dislike" number than the already existing negative responses? People already do this, by "liking" the posts of people whose objections speak well for them.
    To note, if you look at dev responces in any thread, they have a major tendancy to only respond to and answer the "easy questions." Weither this is from a lack of reading(I.e. Skimming.), a lack of caring or a lack of information being passed along. We do knot know. But it has been shown in the past, simply through the existing posts along, that very noteworthy post with many likes on that go unheeded by the team regardless of their validity. A dislike button for MOD/DeV post would give more accountability to things the company representatives are posting on Square Enix's behalf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hashmalum View Post
    I'm actually in favor of a "dislike" button in general. I'm simply not seeing any reasons for limiting it to official posts that I think are good ones.
    Regardless, this is a thread for a dislike button for MOD/DeV post only. If you wish to voice an opinion on a dislike button for all posts in general, please do so in the apropriate thread instead of attempting to derail a different subject. Thanks.
    (1)

Player
    So I'll jump on the dislike button bandwagon. Giving us a dislike button for all post is a terrible idea and will lead to nothing but immature greifing.
    On the other hand, a dislike button for only MOD and Dev posts would allow people to better show their stance on a topic without cluttering up the thread itself.
    i think this more what i was going for in my thread great idea
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Dislike buttons don't explain WHY we don't like something. If you want to dislike a dev post, use the [devxxxx] prefix and start a new thread.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Dislike buttons don't explain WHY we don't like something. If you want to dislike a dev post, use the [devxxxx] prefix and start a new thread.
    Why worry about explaining why we dislike something the devs are doing? They ignore what we say and only respond to simple questions/comments that often times don't even have to do with disliking a given post.

I get it takes time to translate all the posts or weed through them to decide which ones to translate for the devs but what is there to translate when they get 100+ dislikes on something they announced?

To me a dislike button would work like this:
    • Community rep see X dislikes and thinks, "Wow people really hate that idea the devs had."
    • Com Rep: Hey dev dudes your idea has a lot of dislikes.
    • Dev Dudes: Well let's scratch that idea off the to do list.

Or if they really like the idea:
    • Dev Dudes: Really? Are there a lot of suggestions or feedback?
    • Com Rep: Nope but I can ask for detailed feedback and then pass the posts with the most likes over to translations.
    • Dev Dudes: Perfect, let's see what's the problem.
    • Devs get translations of reasons why people dislike the idea, and then act upon it.

Of course I'm dreaming at this point because I'm expecting them to honestly care what we think and be willing to act upon our opinions.
    (7)
    Last edited by Zagen; 11-15-2012 at 05:56 PM.

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    Why worry about explaining why we dislike something the devs are doing? They ignore what we say and only respond to simple questions/comments that often times don't even have to do with disliking a given post.
    This is exactly the senario that I'm talking about. We see this happening time and time again in threads.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    To me a dislike button would work like this:
    • Community rep see X dislikes and thinks, "Wow people really hate that idea the devs had."
    • Com Rep: Hey dev dudes your idea has a lot of dislikes.
    • Dev Dudes: Well let's scratch that idea off the to do list.
    And this is exactly what I hope to accomplish. It's a far more strait forward method, especialy since SE doesn't want to poll everything they're planning.
    (1)
    Last edited by Tsukino_Kaji; 11-18-2012 at 03:49 AM.

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    A dislike button won't change anything, when people dislike an update or a nerf they voice their concerns and the devs ignore them, like they always have. All a dislike button will do is show the devs how many people they managed to piss off this week who were too annoyed to make an actual post.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Camiie View Post
    What bugs me is that a rep could post something that affects everyone negatively and will still get likes. I don't understand.
    Logic: There may be some people who actually like changes. It's a fucking weird concept to grasp I know, but maybe..just maybe some people actually like something others don't?

We're humans aren't we?
    (1)
    Dark Knight ~ 90: Yes I actually use a Scythe.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast