Thread: Helix II idea

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Helix II idea

Just an idea, but how about a spell called Omnihelix that deals helix damage according to the weather effect you have, but it would deal double the damage normal helix spells normally do plus a burn or drown effect in respect to the elemental damage you deal.

I'm not sure if this idea has been on the forums yet. I really don't jump on the sch forums much. Anyways, sch needs more spells I feel.
    (5)

Player
    Interesting.
    (0)
    Live, Laugh, LOVE.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I love the concept of doing more with helix spells, especially your additional effect suggestion. I always thought the BLM elemental DoTs made sense for SCH.

My only problem is (and maybe I'm missing something) it seems like this new helix is the only one I'd ever use. One of my favorite things about SCH is the decision making and the trade-offs. For helices, it's currently not as simple as "Cryohelix only", given day and weather reliance, atmas, and mob resistances.

With any helix upgrades, I'd like to retain the requirement to decide which is the best to use in any situation. By basing the Omnihelix additional effect on weather, I'd just be swapping storms but always casting the same helix spell, especially with a double potency feature.
    (1)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    I love the concept of doing more with helix spells, especially your additional effect suggestion. I always thought the BLM elemental DoTs made sense for SCH.

My only problem is (and maybe I'm missing something) it seems like this new helix is the only one I'd ever use. One of my favorite things about SCH is the decision making and the trade-offs. For helices, it's currently not as simple as "Cryohelix only", given day and weather reliance, atmas, and mob resistances.

With any helix upgrades, I'd like to retain the requirement to decide which is the best to use in any situation. By basing the Omnihelix additional effect on weather, I'd just be swapping storms but always casting the same helix spell, especially with a double potency feature.
    true this.
    (0)