Character
    Kriegsgott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Fishing Bot Nerf?

just wonder if SE have any plans after the Cruor Nerf to do this with all the AFK Fishing people too

i mean the cruor nerf was really bad because people worked for the Cruor and there are more afk fishing people as legit fishing player
    1. Hakuryu = 10.000+
    2. Matsya = 25.000+
    3. Black Sole = 700+
    4. Trumpet Shell = 500+
    5. Trumpet Ring = 3.300+

i dont think anyone who makes his gil legit should have a problem with this or ?
    (1)

Any gimpass could go in as lv 30 naked and afk for countless hours and just soak up cruor, then convert their 7hrs+ of afking to pure gil. I dont see how that's "working hard" for anything...lol. And with the rate of cruor people got from VW its hardly "work".

One main reason for the blinker nerf was that, unlike fishing, converting cruor was generating so much excessive gil from basically nothing causing huge levels of inflation, and from the amount of gil frozen in the latest account bannings (over 6billion as opposed to usual 2-3billion), the conversion amounts were clearly getting out of hand. And despite the disappointment most people knew it was only a matter of time b4 something had to be done about it.

Fishing on the other had requires dedication and for the top 2 fish you mentioned... an ebisu.. which, may I point out, can cost someone buying the gugs/liks quite a hefty sum if the game decides to be a douche (personally 0/150 liks and 0/72 gugs).

And if you knew anything at all about fishing you would know just how shitty the bite rate is on matsuyas and haks. Matsuyas require ex bait that you only get by handing other fish to the galka, and a shit rate of 2-4 bait per 20 fish and then from that bait you might get lucky with 2-4 fish from 20 bait soo you do the math how much time and effort it takes per matsuya...

With haks you not only deal with crap bite rate but with constant line breaks/losing minnows (which dont stack fyi). You also cant isolate the fish so you end up getting lots of garbage fish too and since theres the 200 fish cap per day its even more reason why haks should be worth what they are.

No other craft gets capped at 200 synths a day. Someone could go 1-50 in a craft in 1 day if they had time/money... no way in hell you getting even 1-10 in one day for fishing...

I hardly think any legit fisherman would be happy to have their months/years of hard work in their craft wasted by suddenly gimping fish prices
    (6)
    Last edited by Mayoyama; 11-10-2012 at 05:49 PM.
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Kudlee
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 90
    Hah. By that same logic, legitimate cruor farmers should have had no problem with the blinkers nerf! I know I would LOVE for Hakuryu to NPC for 10 gil after spending 12m on my Ebisu! Oh.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kriegsgott View Post
    just wonder if SE have any plans after the Cruor Nerf to do this with all the AFK Fishing people too

i mean the cruor nerf was really bad because people worked for the Cruor and there are more afk fishing people as legit fishing player
    1. Hakuryu = 10.000+
    2. Matsya = 25.000+
    3. Black Sole = 700+
    4. Trumpet Shell = 500+
    5. Trumpet Ring = 3.300+

i dont think anyone who makes his gil legit should have a problem with this or ?
    Wrong fish. Moat Carps are the equivalent of cruor, and their gil prices were indeed nerfed.

Troll harder.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    They do have a nerf for this already OP, it's called perma-ban.
    (0)