Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

You move and interrupt your aim...

Aaaaaaargh!

Has this happened to you too? I can't tell you how many times this happened to me and I swear I wasn't moving. I even change gear to do a ranged attack and changing gear is supposed to stop you from moving, right? I even add a good /wait 1 or /wait 2 before /ra <t> and it still claims I move!

SE, the game claiming that I interrupted my aim because I was moving when I wasn't moving is a very frustrating thing. It has been like this since the game's inception. Can something be done about this issue?

And while I'm on the subject, why can't we do ranged attacks while moving? Sure, there should be a ranged accuracy down -60 penalty, or something, but we should be able to do this.
    (12)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Can something be done about this issue?
    Yes, but not sure if SE is up to the task. They exhibit a remarkable lack of skill when it comes to simple code changes.
    (9)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

I wholeheartedly support the accuracy penalty while moving and shooting idea.

I don't think it's the coding issue that is the problem, though, but rather that they would have to create walk+aim, run+aim and strafe+aim animations for every race in the game.
    (2)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    It usually happens when you RA as soon as you stop running. The game thinks you've moved a bit since where you "activated" the RA due to latency. I feel that the interruption "radius" of movement is way too strict. I think a radius of 5 yalms would be fair for both RA and magic not being interrupted. It's not like moving that little will actually save you from anything anyway.
    (5)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    There are times when your character flinches and you miscast/fire, and then there are times(especially as a mage) when you start casting a spell, then run around like a headless chicken to cancel the cast, and it still goes off.
    (1)

The game only checks your position when you start and stop casting. if you had 600000% movement speed, you could start casting Raise and run to the other side of the map and back again and still get it off as long as you returned to the exact same spot.
    (3)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I wholeheartedly support the accuracy penalty while moving and shooting idea.

I don't think it's the coding issue that is the problem, though, but rather that they would have to create walk+aim, run+aim and strafe+aim animations for every race in the game.
    Maybe but in xiv they just had it where you would stop moving to take the shot, they could possibly do that here too then they wouldnt have to make new animations.
    (0)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    They did do that in XIV, but it held other unique problems. The most annoying of which was being planted in place and unable to react fast enough in fights were remaining in one spot too long would result in taking high amounts of damage or dying straight out. I wouldn't see this as a recommended fix to aim interruption (since a good deal of it usually results in client<->server lag) because I believe the same issue would possibly arise should they add battles where moving around often is important.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Calatilla View Post
    There are times when your character flinches and you miscast/fire, and then there are times(especially as a mage) when you start casting a spell, then run around like a headless chicken to cancel the cast, and it still goes off.
    See, that can be annoying too, but at least there's a foolproof way of interrupting your cast...healing.

When you get interrupted unintentionally it's just irritating, and potentially deadly, because the game penalizes you with something like 4 full seconds before you are allowed to cast again.
    (3)

Character
    Sekundes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I wouldn't mind if they added some command to cancel a cast, if you are engaged you can't rest and if you are bound/locked up and engaged, you have no way to cancel. Not usually a problem with mages(I mostly have it on blu) but if the change is made then it would become much more of an issue.

I fully agree with the topic though, I always have to wait a good bit before I start any cast after having moved. And it would be nice if there was a bit of leeway.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast