Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99

Spell recast bug

Platform: PC
    ISP: Bellsouth Fast Access DSL (or AT&T)
    Type of Internet Connection: DSL
    Internet Connection Speed: 3.0mbps
    Date & Time: wednesday november 7, ~7-10pm central standard time
    Frequency: approx ~5%-10%
    Character Name: Raksha
    Race: Hume
    World: Lakshmi
    Main Job: SCH
    Support Job: RDM
    Area and Coordinates: Abyssea Konschtat, among the Shadow lizards near the martello
    Party or Solo: Solo
    NPC Name: N/A
    Monster Name: Shadow Lizard

1) Use Alacrity
    2) Cast Thunder5

3) Use Alacrity (optional)
    4) Attempt to cast thunder5 again
    5) Receive "Unable to cast spells at this time" or whichever message, even though the cooldown timer has expired

Basically it looks like occasionally the game thinks your nuke/spell/whatever is still on cooldown, even though it isnt.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Player
    Alacrity doesn't make it instant cast, it only cuts casting/recast by 50%.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I know this, but even after the recast was up it still wouldn't let me cast
    (0)
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.

LOGIC.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Just verified it happens against Beholders in Abyssea - Tahrongi also. Approx~ 10pm CST using the same steps as in the original post.
    (0)

LOGIC.

Wonder if it's a glitch against the Fast Cast cap because of /RDM or Atmas? Have you tested it with a different sub-job and with no Fast Cast or other casting reduction gear/Atmas?

Might help them narrow down the problem if one can verify it only happens when the game is running up against situations where the normal Fast Cast cap might be coming into play somehow.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I dunno if it happens using only fast cast, but I know that using alacrity can cause it.

A guy on BG claims that it happened to him as BLM/SCH too.

also, I wasnt using fast cast atmas, and I doubt i was hitting the recast cap.

/rdm
    nares cap
    argute loafers +2
    (0)
    Last edited by Raksha; 11-10-2012 at 12:17 PM.

LOGIC.

/RDM, and gear had you at 30/15 (cast/recast reductions) effects then Alacrity is trying to add another 50/25--taking you to a calculated 80/40 (30 and 15 over the cast/recast reduction cap I think?). If you were using a Magian Staff it could have pushed the numbers higher for casting or recast, depending on which path it was. The system may not be handling such exceptions properly.

The same thing could have happened with that BLM/SCH--may have had gear/atmas (hello magian staff again?) that was giving a reasonable Fast Cast effect already, then another 50/25 was being ramped up from Alacrity.

Might help them out if someone were to test it with nothing that is already granting any cast/recast reduction. That way, we would know if it is an issue with just Alacrity itself (you would only be at the 50/25 caps), or the manner in which the code is handling the exceptions for when Alacrity pushes the numbers past the natural caps.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I was doing magian trials, so didnt have the recast from staff.

I was also using relic boots, so alacrity modifier would've been 60% not 50%.

Alacrity recast isnt halved, it's straight up 50/60%

and according to bgwiki:

There is no longer a quantifiable "minimum" recast.
    http://wiki.bluegartr.com/bg/Spell_Recast

Either way i'm sure the dev team can figure it out with the info i've provided.

Also alacrity and fast cast are multiplicative not summed. so it would only result in a ~66% recast reduction.
    (0)
    Last edited by Raksha; 11-10-2012 at 11:46 PM.

LOGIC.

either way, it still pushes you past the natural cap, which may be where the problem lies.

Was just trying to help get more info about the problem flowing in the hopes it might speed up the debugging process--10 minutes of documented troubleshooting can make a big difference in the turnaround. Once they know what the culprit is, they can go right into working on a fix.
    (0)

Player
    You should post the time difference between casting. Since you use windower (judging from your signature) you should be able to find the timing down to a second.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast