Changes to Abyssea-Tahrongi’s Quetzalli

In order to give more opportunities to battle Quetzalli we will be making the below changes to the spawning criteria:
    • Spawn time will change to 09:00-14:59 when special criteria have been met
      Currently, the spawning window range gradually widens as special criteria are fulfilled. The feature where Quetzalli will spawn at any given time during a specific moon phase will not be changed.

• Reduction in re-spawn time
      Re-spawn time will be reduced by nearly half of what it is currently.
    (1)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Not that I'm complaining, but honestly, who complained about this? We have alot more things we have asked for besides this I am sure deserve a bit more attention, this seems fairly minor seeing as it drops 1 piece of gear that is semi-useful and is almost always left alone.
    (12)

Character
    Vandheer
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Not that I'm complaining, but honestly, who complained about this? We have alot more things we have asked for besides this I am sure deserve a bit more attention, this seems fairly minor seeing as it drops 1 piece of gear that is semi-useful and is almost always left alone.
    It was a member of the Japanese forums that brought up Quetzalli a couple of months ago in a post about great swords being in higher demand now. Their point was that many other nms that need to killed for double attack/occasionally attacks twice category weapons have lesser pop conditions while Quetzalli (trial 1253) is a difficult nm to claim and kill 30 times over. They go on to state that Quetzalli is also required for Great Katana (trial 1561) and Marksmanship (trial 1765).

I'm tempted to say this is a perfect example of the dev team paying more attention to the japanese forums but after looking at the nm and spawn conditions I do agree that it should be addressed. Personally, I would question the priority of this issue because there are many other more important issues that affect the majority of players instead of the minority. That said hopefully they prioritized the issue because it could be handled with ease and the changes they made didn't delay any other changes.

Bellow is the post i am referring to above.

Quote Originally Posted by Karyoubin View Post
    両手剣需要が伸びる昨今。
    再び声を大にして言いたい。

アビセア:タロンギのケツァールさんのPOPを何とかすべき!!!!

他と同等のNM

Irrlicht(10分程度でPOP):格闘No.1145 両手鎌No.1469 両手槍No.1407
    Khalamari(10分程度でPOP):片手剣No.1207 片手刀No.1515
    Piasa(10分程度でPOP):片手斧No.1299 片手棍No.1607 弓術No.1795
    Adze(10分程度でPOP):短剣No.1099、両手斧No.1361
    Guimauve(周辺のフランと抽選):両手棍No.1653

Quetzalli:両手剣No.1253 両手刀No.1561 射撃No.1765
    エリア全域にいるEphemeral Clionid・Ephemeral Limule・Bhumiのいずれか(計4枠)が抽選対象。
    日中の8:00~16:00付近にPOPし易い傾向があり、夜間では極々稀に出現する。POP後は時間経過で自然消滅する模様。

某所からの転載をまとめました。
    どう考えても両手剣、両手刀、射撃の試練は厳しくないですか?
    NMの強さとしても同じ程度とは思えないのですが、いかがでしょうか?

何とか改善されることを望みます。
    (15)
    Last edited by Vandheer; 11-09-2012 at 06:17 AM.
    ~ BST 99, SAM 96, DRG 96, BLU 91, THF 90 ~
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Leviathan/Vandheer

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Perhaps you can revisit abyssea contents and have those 3 dragons in Heroes of Abyssea areas to drop plus 2 items, several of them, considering how hard those to defeat.
    (0)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Perhaps you can revisit abyssea contents and have those 3 dragons in Heroes of Abyssea areas to drop plus 2 items, several of them, considering how hard those to defeat.
    they will drop +2 for RNF/GEO...
    (0)

Hello!

In addition to the changes mentioned above, we will also be adjusting the below:
    • Quetzalli will no longer de-spawn when the spawning window expire.
      Currently Quetzalli would de-spawn depending on the time of day, but with this change the monster will continue to roam until defeated once it spawns.
    (4)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Player
    Thats actually nice, I like that, easier to farm the back piece for friends PDT sets now.
    (0)