Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Arkista
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Please read new VW Cruor/gil idea

Just had an idea ever since the update with chocobo blinkers nerf VW on my server has died down alot. I see less and less and it's taking longer to fill spots because chocobo blinkers was alot of people's main source of gil, Yes RMT'S mainly but others would do it to off set the cost of having to buy Voiddust or Rub Cells and for others it funded relics/emp as well. So unless VW drop rate is fixed VW is going out of style quick and will pretty much be dead like old content. All this stims from the Dev Team saying that we need better gear to be "skilled" in order to win hard content like Legion and NNI which NNI is 90% luck, Anyway
    to my idea what if you guys added a NPC we could sell blinkers or w/e cruor item for gil with a nice cruor to gil ratio. You could add a NPC to the game that would only deal with people of a certain rank like rank 10 in any nation or people who have got so far in CoP RoZ ToAu having something like that would not only bring VW back from near death but would also bring some old content back. Yes old content is really easy and can be solod by most jobs but RMT's arent going to do rank missions and add-on's, Hell you can add the npc to the past for all I care. The point is VW is dying alot of people still need gear to be better skilled for difficult content. So please Dev Team do something fix drop rate let people be able to give VW gear like Athos away that doesnt have anything to do with 5 cells anything.
    Thanks for reading maybe.........
    (1)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    You seem to have missed the reason for the blinker fix. It was done to recover the nosediving value of gil by stopping the rampant abuse of a gil fountain.

Yes, RMT used it too, but they weren't selling to the blinkerboys but new players who didn't catch on to the trick yet.

If cruor can be used to revitalize VW I'm all for it, but not through re-enabling a gil fountain.
    (7)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Abyssea actually has the best idea, which is like a copy of ToAU/WoTG ideas. EVER. You used the cruor to buy gears from Abyssea content, aka Empyrean basic, augmented weapons, etc. While on ToAU/WoTG you buy gears using points you are getting from completing certain tasks (Assaults, Einherjar, Meeble Burrow). At the end of the day, players wants gears. By making those points earned to redeem gears (be it rare/ex, or just rare but vendor able or can be sold to AH). This will give new players advantage since they dont need gil per se. They just need to do that said content so they can earn point to redeem for future gears.

A lot of the ideas stemmed from ToAU/WoTG and refined with Abyssea pretty much render the gil somewhat useless for gears (unless you are crafter). Most of the decent-good gears you can get from actually doing that said content (abyssea seal farm and plus 2 farm). WoE events. Voidwatch events. Legion and Meeble Burrows. All give you points you can redeem for gears. The only thing you need gil for is ancient currency and ABC. If they make those not sellable then it will solve the problem since this means if you want relic, you go farm, on your own or teaming up. All they have to do is to make it so that you can trade 1:1 the ancient currency to the Goblin, this way you can farm all 3 and trade the ones you need.

They can make it so that you can trade cruor for weakening VW items, or buy cells. This will give cruors some values, solve the gil problems.
    (0)
    Last edited by Luvbunny; 11-17-2012 at 02:12 AM.

Player
    The solution is buy plates with cruor, adds more plates, makes it profitable still, makes everyone happy. Also buyable Dross/Cinder would be nice as well.
    (4)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    The solution is buy plates with cruor, adds more plates, makes it profitable still, makes everyone happy. Also buyable Dross/Cinder would be nice as well.
    This idea as well. You use cruors to buy items you need from the associated events. Or make it that Voidwatch give you 60-80k gill upon completion depending on difficulty.
    (0)

Player
    Giving you a ton of gil is a bad idea, thats what they are moving away from. Items are bought with other players gil, then traded to NPCs which delete them, it keeps things in balance.
    (2)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Or make it that Voidwatch give you 60-80k gill upon completion depending on difficulty.
    Even the story clears only give 50k. Do you have any idea how much gil you'd be getting if you got 50k each time you killed Pil or Akvan or something?

Cruor to plates would not work on the basis that it would just lead us back to the exact same problem. People would cruor burn to get plates this time. It wouldn't cause any more inflation, but it wouldn't solve your lack of VW participation problem.

The only thing I gleamed from that headache-inducing OP is that VW is dying or something, which it definately is not. The three storable sets are harder to gather for, but that was the case even before the blinker nerf because blinkers have little to do with which NMs people prefer to spam (Well, they do, its just that the high-yield cruor bosses have the better drops and the metal pouches anyway) With a drop rate of 0.5% or less on the gear people actually want still (Pulses), VW is not going to die out until all those people get frustrated and quit...oh wait.

I guess it is a bit of a danger, just not for the reason you're stating.
    (1)

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Looks like you guys need to learn how to make legit gil.
    (1)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Not having any real money troubles here, but I would like to have something to do with all this cruor I have...

And leveling the worthless atmacites doesn't really count. =P
    (0)

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Not having any real money troubles here, but I would like to have something to do with all this cruor I have...

And leveling the worthless atmacites doesn't really count. =P
    Capping out on Shinryu gear,
    Brewing everything in [A] (and I mean everything),
    Buying your cells from an officer,
    or (nearly) infinite teleporting around the game.

And you could always trade in your cruor for those gimped returns with your blinkers.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast