Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Uncap ENMs

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Whatever gets people to do the content and introduce more Cloud Evokers and Kunwu into the system.

The drops and drop rates should be improved because XP is no longer a very good reward.
    (0)

Character
    Porkrice
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 1

Uncap ENM please...

I don't understand SE's position on this. No one is doing ENM, and no one wants to group up for trivial content rewards.

Please uncap the ENM level restrictions so players who return 10 years later can at least see and enjoy old content either with uncapped level restrictions or with trusts. I also don't see the reason to be stingy on not allowing trusts to participate in ENMs, BCNMs and KSNMs as well, like the game is over 20 years old, what the heck?

Like what's the deal with not wanting to uncap all these amazing content and keep players who enjoy soloing to continue to sub to FFXI?
    (1)

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Porkrice View Post
    Like what's the deal with not wanting to uncap all these amazing content and keep players who enjoy soloing to continue to sub to FFXI?
    To encourage you to just join a linkshell and ask for help, thereby creating a small bond between players that can grow in the future and create community, friendships and add value to your gaming experience; ultimately so that you don't spend aeons soloing endgame content that you could just do in a group in a tenth of the time.

Most likely is that one day they'll announce the game will shut down in a year/six months and they'll unlock everything at that point for a free-for-all; presumably a couple of years after the last content was added (July 2023).
    (0)
    It all began with a stone...

Character
    Porkrice
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Haldarn View Post
    To encourage you to just join a linkshell and ask for help, thereby creating a small bond between players that can grow in the future and create community, friendships and add value to your gaming experience; ultimately so that you don't spend aeons soloing endgame content that you could just do in a group in a tenth of the time.

Most likely is that one day they'll announce the game will shut down in a year/six months and they'll unlock everything at that point for a free-for-all; presumably a couple of years after the last content was added (July 2023).
    I understand what the game is about. I'm a returning player, and I've played this game when it first came out. I made a ton of friends in the past and managed to get my account back 10+ years later. I have about 50 friends on the list that no longer play this game. I've made it to end game in the 75 era. There are friendships that I made during those time that I still cherish till today.

However, times have changed. I get that if you want players to bond over end-game content, that's fair. But trivial old content that are more than 10 years old? That's just being ideal. Try shouting or asking anyone in-game if they want to do "Test Your Mite" ENM. But as a returning player who missed out on this fight in the past, I'd love to revisit it for nostalgic sake. As you can see, I'm also older now, with real life obligations plus my own kids to bond over real life activities. The last thing I'm looking for is forced "bonding" in some idealistic view of how the game should be played, especially 10+ years later.

Again, end-game content, sure. Trivial old content that no one cares to do in a group? Stop gatekeeping, what's the point? No one is going to say the game is less social because now you can solo ENM's like "Test Your Mite." Wanting a social experience should be an option, not forced upon. I don't get that logic at all especially with a game that is this old.

It's one of the biggest reason why I left FFXI for more casual gaming options years ago, and a decade later, the same old philosophy is still in place for trivial content. I applaud the FFXI team to finally allow solo progression of missions, it's the reason why I came back, to play the game at my own pace and not have to juggle between FFXI and a real life schedule.

This whole "go make friends in-game to do content" is so 20 years ago. Honestly, this has been the downfall of its glory days. It unfortunately created hardcore elitism in the community, "join linkshell/make friends or GTFO." I'm pretty sure a vast majority of players share the same view.

End-game content, sure go ahead and do that, I can choose to participate in group content or opt out and cancel my sub if I don't want to be forced to commit to a video game schedule. Old content that are 10+ years old? Yeah, doesn't make any sense upholding idealistic "community and social" aspect of the game for that. Let players have fun with old content however they want, there's no harm to anyone nor the "community and social" aspect of the game. If I want that, I'll do that with my linkshell for end-game content.

I'm passionate about FFXI, and I want to continue playing this game as long as I can. But if a ton of content isn't made available to me, guess what, I'm forced to quit and cancel my sub after I'm done with the content that I can do at my own pace.

All I'm asking is allowing trusts or uncapped ENM, BCNM, and KSNM that are old and trivial. It adds to the longevity of returning players wanting that nostalgia hit. I honestly don't need a lecture from SE on "make friends/join linkshells" again. Been there, done that 10+ years ago. Now I'm here enjoying the sunset of what's left, so let me do that and stop gatekeeping old content.
    (2)
    Last edited by Porkrice; 02-12-2024 at 09:17 PM.

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Presumably, the explanation for them not uncapping it now is because there are plenty of other things on the 'to do' list for the two people in the dev team that would be enjoyed by a larger percentage of current subscribers (see the 'if you had one week of dev time, what would you do' thread for possible examples).

As for uncapping these; well done, you enter the battlefield and the enemies die within three auto-attacks; alternatively if winnable with Trusts, then it was hardly a challenge in the first place. It's not fun or awesome content; at the very best, it's box-ticking. And if you want to tick boxes, just ask a couple of people in your shell if they'd mind indulging you for 5-10 mins.

Just bizarre that you consider making friends in an MMORPG to be hardcore elitism!
    (1)

Character
    Porkrice
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 1
    Presumably, the explanation for them not uncapping it now is because there are plenty of other things on the 'to do' list for the two people in the dev team that would be enjoyed by a larger percentage of current subscribers (see the 'if you had one week of dev time, what would you do' thread for possible examples).

As for uncapping these; well done, you enter the battlefield and the enemies die within three auto-attacks; alternatively if winnable with Trusts, then it was hardly a challenge in the first place. It's not fun or awesome content; at the very best, it's box-ticking. And if you want to tick boxes, just ask a couple of people in your shell if they'd mind indulging you for 5-10 mins.

Just bizarre that you consider making friends in an MMORPG to be hardcore elitism!
    What's wrong with box-ticking? I enjoy seeing things die in 3 auto-attacks and that's fun for me, especially for content that is 10+ years old. I'm not looking to be challenged like pretending it's 2002 again. It's 2024, 22 years later I like leveling up to level 99 and utterly destroy mission battles, why not? It's fun and funny. Why so judgmental?

It's not fun nor awesome to you, but it sure is fun for me. People play games for various reasons. You see, this is prime example of pushing a specific type of expectation on how others should play and enjoy a game. I like easy wins for giggles on old content. You can keep your challenging content to yourself. If I want a challenge, I'll do end-game content. There's plenty of that. Old content? Let me have some fun instead of level capping it or not allowing trust like it's still relevant.

Hardcore elitism, well look at your response. You just proved my point.
    (2)
    Last edited by Porkrice; 02-13-2024 at 07:49 PM.

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    What's wrong with box-ticking? I enjoy seeing things die in 3 auto-attacks and that's fun for me, especially for content that is 10+ years old. I'm not looking to be challenged like pretending it's 2002 again. It's 2024, 22 years later I like leveling up to level 99 and utterly destroy mission battles, why not? It's fun and funny. Why so judgmental?

It's not fun nor awesome to you, but it sure is fun for me. People play games for various reasons. You see, this is prime example of pushing a specific type of expectation on how others should play and enjoy a game. I like easy wins for giggles on old content. You can keep your challenging content to yourself. If I want a challenge, I'll do end-game content. There's plenty of that. Old content? Let me have some fun instead of level capping it or not allowing trust like it's still relevant.

Hardcore elitism, well look at your response. You just proved my point.
    Do whatever you want with your time, but requesting dev time to make changes for something that's only an issue because you've stepped outside the intention of the game to make it an issue to only you is just bizarre. There's literally hundreds of hours of utterly destroyable solo content, including dozens of BCNMs that are uncapped.

idk how my response proves hardcore elitism; I'm not pushing anything on you. This very much feels like it's turning into the other couple of recent confrontational forum posts - must be something in the air over on Bahamut.
    (0)

Character
    Porkrice
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 1
    Do whatever you want with your time, but requesting dev time to make changes for something that's only an issue because you've stepped outside the intention of the game to make it an issue to only you is just bizarre. There's literally hundreds of hours of utterly destroyable solo content, including dozens of BCNMs that are uncapped.

idk how my response proves hardcore elitism; I'm not pushing anything on you. This very much feels like it's turning into the other couple of recent confrontational forum posts - must be something in the air over on Bahamut.
    This is literally a thread called "Uncap ENM". A quick Google search for "Uncap ENM" and this is the first thing that comes up. I'm simply showing my support for such a feature that many players have requested for several years now, as shown in this thread.

Here you are, coming in here hot, telling all of us we're wrong, and that players asking for this feature is absurd because it's a waste of dev time. Uncap ENM is an "unintended" way to play the game? Okay Mr. Right! Did you make the game? Are you secretly Mr. Dev?

Oh by the way, those level 99 jobs that you got? I'm sorry but you didn't do it the way it was originally intended because you know, you leveled using NPC's instead of real human beings like how it was initially designed. I'm sure being naked with an ash club journeying to level 99 with NPC's is so challenging and awesome content in your book! Compare that to uncap ENM 3-auto-attack-win is so much more challenging and awesome! Hypocrite much?

Who's confrontational now? If you dislike this idea so much, why the hell are you in here, lol? I'll remind you again, the thread is literally called "Uncap ENM". It's a legitimate request that someone else started years ago because to us it's a fun idea, and again, I'm simply showing my support for it.

As you can see, it's not just me that wants this feature. But it's only you who continue to respond to this thread on how Mr. Right you are, and that you know what's best for dev's time. We should all just shut up and not show support for a fun uncap ENM feature in a thread that is literally called "Uncap ENM" that started in 2012.

This is what forums are for, to provide feedback for the game. I bet most players have moved on from this and have given up on this idea. The thread is necro'ed by me because hey, I just came back to the game and thought I'd try to see if anyone else is still active supporting this idea.

Here you are, the lingering Mr. Right FFXI gate keeper responding to a 2012 thread, lol! Mr. Right must eliminate all wrong thoughts and desires to play the game that is outside of Mr. Right's bible of how to play FFXI in........2024

You know, you don't have to respond or torture yourself to read an idea you dislike right? You can simply opt out, GTFO, it's all good. You're not winning a political debate here nor win a popularity contest, and nor will you change our opinion on what we think is fun, regardless of how Mr. Right "I know what's best for a 20+ year old game" you are.

This thread, I'll remind you again, is titled "Uncap ENM" that someone else started in 2012. If you dislike the idea, the exit is simply a click away Mr. Right. Nevertheless, Mr. Right players like you will have the itch to come back, read this "confrontational" post, and respond with another Mr. Right comment to scratch that itch. Mr. Right must continue to preach and show all of us how wrong we are for wanting fun. It's Mr. Right way or the wrong way.

Mr. Right getting cooked in a 2012 thread is more fun than FFXI itself. This thread has been fun. I eagerly wait for the next lesson Mr. Right. Enlighten us with how you play the game so we can all learn and not step outside of the intended way to play! Please do show us the path to the true FFXI experience.
    (0)
    Last edited by Porkrice; 03-15-2024 at 08:07 PM.

Character
    Haldarn
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    This is literally a thread called "Uncap ENM". A quick Google search for "Uncap ENM" and this is the first thing that comes up. I'm simply showing my support for such a feature that many players have requested for several years now, as shown in this thread.

Here you are, coming in here hot, telling all of us we're wrong, and that players asking for this feature is absurd because it's a waste of dev time. Uncap ENM is an "unintended" way to play the game? Okay Mr. Right! Did you make the game? Are you secretly Mr. Dev?

Oh by the way, those level 99 jobs that you got? I'm sorry but you didn't do it the way it was originally intended because you know, you leveled using NPC's instead of real human beings like how it was initially designed. I'm sure being naked with an ash club journeying to level 99 with NPC's is so challenging and awesome content in your book! Compare that to uncap ENM 3-auto-attack-win is so much more challenging and awesome! Hypocrite much?

Who's confrontational now? If you dislike this idea so much, why the hell are you in here, lol? I'll remind you again, the thread is literally called "Uncap ENM". It's a legitimate request that someone else started years ago because to us it's a fun idea, and again, I'm simply showing my support for it.

As you can see, it's not just me that wants this feature. But it's only you who continue to respond to this thread on how Mr. Right you are, and that you know what's best for dev's time. We should all just shut up and not show support for a fun uncap ENM feature in a thread that is literally called "Uncap ENM" that started in 2012.

This is what forums are for, to provide feedback for the game. I bet most players have moved on from this and have given up on this idea. The thread is necro'ed by me because hey, I just came back to the game and thought I'd try to see if anyone else is still active supporting this idea.

Here you are, the lingering Mr. Right FFXI gate keeper responding to a 2012 thread, lol! Mr. Right must eliminate all wrong thoughts and desires to play the game that is outside of Mr. Right's bible of how to play FFXI in........2024

You know, you don't have to respond or torture yourself to read an idea you dislike right? You can simply opt out, GTFO, it's all good. You're not winning a political debate here nor win a popularity contest, and nor will you change our opinion on what we think is fun, regardless of how Mr. Right "I know what's best for a 20+ year old game" you are.

This thread, I'll remind you again, is titled "Uncap ENM" that someone else started in 2012. If you dislike the idea, the exit is simply a click away Mr. Right. Nevertheless, Mr. Right players like you will have the itch to come back, read this "confrontational" post, and respond with another Mr. Right comment to scratch that itch. Mr. Right must continue to preach and show all of us how wrong we are for wanting fun. It's Mr. Right way or the wrong way.

Mr. Right getting cooked in a 2012 thread is more fun than FFXI itself. This thread has been fun. I eagerly wait for the next lesson Mr. Right. Enlighten us with how you play the game so we can all learn and not step outside of the intended way to play! Please do show us the path to the true FFXI experience.
    Correct, 'Mr. Clever' - it's a forum. Therefore people are able to show both support for an idea and talk about why they don't think it's a good idea.

I already blocked your main account on the other thread a month ago for these insane tirades against other players. I shall continue to do so for each one you create, tata!
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Re the wall of text, if you want to support an idea thats great, but you have to accept that some people might be critical of an idea and they have every right to say so.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast