Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Possible Haste II, can we get some Qualitative Enhancing Buffs?

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/28391-Buff-Other-Support-jobs?p=376102#post376102

We might get Haste II. Maybe not. Looks like the Dev team might be trying to add to the spell lists, which means we might get new spells.

I'm happy enough for now. I personally would like my 500+ Enhancing magic to go towards more potent buffs. Obviously, I'd like Haste II to be in some way based on Enhancing Skill. Makes it more fun for people that like to gear their mages well.
    (9)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Lilia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Haste 2 for rdm never~ rdm is the OP job forever.....

But i hope were become new spells
    (0)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Just watch them give it to Geomancer only
    (2)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Nope it'll be WHM only. Watch lol.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Player
    New Enhancing spells that I would like to see.

Haste II
    - Free Target.
    - 3 Minute Duration.
    - Enhancing Magic Skill/50+15=Magic Haste gained, capping at 500 skill for 25%.

Brave
    - Self Target.
    - 3 Minute Duration.
    - 10 Second Cast Time.
    - 5 Minute Recast Time.
    - Follows same equation as Temper, except the stats gained are Attack & Accuracy instead of Double Attack.
    - Overwrites Faith.

Faith
    - Self Target.
    - 3 Minute Duration.
    - 10 Second Cast Time.
    - 5 Minute Recast Time.
    - Follows same equation as Temper, except the stats gained are Magic Attack & Magic Accuracy instead of Double Attack.
    - Overwrites Brave.

Stoneskin II
    - Party Target.
    - 5 Minute Duration.
    - 10 Second Cast Time
    - 60 Second Recast Time
    - Follows the same equation as Stoneskin however caps at 600, and gains double potency from Stoneskin gear.
    - Party members this spell is cast on, receive the full effects of any Stoneskin gear equip by the caster.
    - Can be Augmented with special gear to effect all party members in range.

Blink II
    - Party Target.
    - 5 Minute Duration.
    - 6 Second Cast Time
    - 30 Second Recast Time
    - Enhancing Magic Skill/100=Shadows gained.
    - Can be Augmented with special gear to effect all party members in range.
    (16)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 11-20-2012 at 03:30 PM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Good idea, BAD casting times. Don't think you quite know how long 30s is (the recast is trivial to reduce).

Honestly every spell in this game needs it's casting time halved, people are not paying money to stare at their character while watching a bar slowly crawl across the screen.
    (9)
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Not bad ideas, though I agree that those casting times are too long. I feel like there should be a stronger focus on enfeebles. perhaps a spell that lowers magic resist?
    (4)

Player
    The point in the long cast times is so that it is not seen as over powered because RDM would be able to swap its focus to easily. Besides, taking into account a Fast Cast set, you can take that 30 seconds down to a small 6 seconds with correct gear. Only basic gear (AF Hat, Relic+2 Body) is needed to cut it in half. I wouldn't be opposed to it being shorter, but I think it seems somewhat fair given RDM's already very fast casting & the fact these spells would allow you to massively boost either your melee or your magic, this simply prevents swapping on the fly like a SCH does with Light/Dark Arts.

Edit:Also the recast wouldn't matter much to be reduced either, unless you mean just for swapping between them, in which case thats all the more reason for the cast time to be so high. The 3 minute duration is easily enhanced via Composure & gear to put it at roughly 12~13 minutes or so.
    (1)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 11-08-2012 at 12:22 AM.

More likely to get these as a JA working similar to how Innin and Yonin work, sharing recast timer, but having a longer duration than recast, but slowly decaying.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    The point in the long cast times is so that it is not seen as over powered because RDM would be able to swap its focus to easily. Besides, taking into account a Fast Cast set, you can take that 30 seconds down to a small 6 seconds with correct gear. Only basic gear (AF Hat, Relic+2 Body) is needed to cut it in half. I wouldn't be opposed to it being shorter, but I think it seems somewhat fair given RDM's already very fast casting & the fact these spells would allow you to massively boost either your melee or your magic, this simply prevents swapping on the fly like a SCH does with Light/Dark Arts.

Edit:Also the recast wouldn't matter much to be reduced either, unless you mean just for swapping between them, in which case thats all the more reason for the cast time to be so high. The 3 minute duration is easily enhanced via Composure & gear to put it at roughly 12~13 minutes or so.
    Long casting times make the spells effectively useless. Their effect isn't high enough to justify it.
    (1)

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast