Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Carth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    We have Enfeebling Magic - on our head, but it casts so fast it doesn't matter much anyways. Thankfully the Siegel Sash is a nice -8% Enhancing Magic Cast Time, but I do wish we had something with good Enhancing Magic Skill on it with some -cast time.

Just to say, 6 seconds is enough time to hit 2~3 normal macros easily, besides, idk how your Fast Cast/Enhancing looks but the body/head stay the same for me, which make up a bulk of the Fast Cast as well as alot of Enhancing on the body, at most the things you would need to change are Hands, Legs, Feet, Back, Neck, and Belt. Thats 6 items, 1 macro after you start casting, thats a total of +81, 404+81=485, merits for +16 to make 501, capped potency. Nothing to do with Windower, Spellcast, or anything else, 6 pieces of gear can be swapped from a Fast Cast build to your "Brave/Faith Build" and you will cap potency, and that Fast Cast you still have around your gear, would still be great for your recast. I did think things out before I typed out my ideas, its not that what I suggest is impossible, its just that the cast time seems to high, I understand that, if SE were to do it and its shorter, I'm more than happy to accept that, but I think they would make it weaker because you could swap between the 2 quickly, so I suggest this instead.
    This is awhile back, but I feel the need to address this.

The problem with the 30s cast time isn't a problem in of itself, but it's imbalanced with the rest of your stats:

Brave
    - Self Target.
    - 3 Minute Duration.
    - 30 Second Cast Time.
    - 5 Minute Recast Time.
    - Follows same equation as Temper, except the stats gained are Attack & Accuracy instead of Double Attack.
    - Cannot stack with Faith.

Faith
    - Self Target.
    - 3 Minute Duration.
    - 30 Second Cast Time.
    - 5 Minute Recast Time.
    - Follows same equation as Temper, except the stats gained are Magic Attack & Magic Accuracy instead of Double Attack.
    - Cannot stack with Brave.
    You've already solved your problem with RDMs switching back and forth between Bravery and Faith, purely by the Recast Time being five minutes(increased even further with Composure). This makes your reasoning for the high cast time rather redundant.

Even then, 30 seconds is absolutely absurd. Why is it absurd? Because that gives an insane amount of time to allow the mob to interrupt you, and makes you lose an insane amount of DPS. Not only that, but no spell in the game has a casting time as long as that.

The AM spells that BLMs use, for instance, is 17.45 seconds without any fast cast.
    Stoneskin, without any fast cast, is 10 seconds.
    Raise is 15 seconds.

Going even further, by making the Recast 6:25 via Composure (because no one in their right mind would cast a spell like that without it), you're more or less locking Spontaneity down to Bravery/Faith to bypass that casting time. Even further, the effect would only last for 9 minutes. For a casting time of 30 seconds and a recast time of 5 minutes to be justified, this ability easily needs to natively last for 10 minutes(30 minutes Composure).

The stats presented here made a useful ability into a tedious, complicated mess.
    (1)

Player
    Edit:Deleted everything related to the old post. Changed parts of the list of spells I would like to see. Underlining those changes here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    New Enhancing spells that I would like to see.

Haste II
    - Free Target.
    - 3 Minute Duration.
    - Enhancing Magic Skill/50+15=Magic Haste gained, capping at 500 skill for 25%.

Brave
    - Self Target.
    - 3 Minute Duration.
    - 10 Second Cast Time.
    - 5 Minute Recast Time.
    - Follows same equation as Temper, except the stats gained are Attack & Accuracy instead of Double Attack.
    - Overwrites Faith.

Faith
    - Self Target.
    - 3 Minute Duration.
    - 10 Second Cast Time.
    - 5 Minute Recast Time.
    - Follows same equation as Temper, except the stats gained are Magic Attack & Magic Accuracy instead of Double Attack.
    - Overwrites Brave.

Stoneskin II
    - Party Target.
    - 5 Minute Duration.
    - 10 Second Cast Time
    - 60 Second Recast Time

- Follows the same equation as Stoneskin however caps at 600, and gains double potency from Stoneskin gear.
    - Party members this spell is cast on, receive the full effects of any Stoneskin gear equip by the caster.
    - Can be Accessioned with /SCH to effect all members in range.
    - Can be Augmented with special gear to effect all party members in range.

Blink II
    - Party Target.
    - 5 Minute Duration.
    - 6 Second Cast Time
    - 30 Second Recast Time

- Enhancing Magic Skill/100=Shadows gained.
    - Can be Accessioned with /SCH to effect all members in range.
    - Can be Augmented with special gear to effect all party members in range.
    (0)
    Last edited by Demon6324236; 11-20-2012 at 03:36 PM.

You want to fix enhancing, make it scale with enhancing magic...all spells. The mere fact that a /RDM can land enhancing buffs (particularly Refresh, and Haste) with the same effect as a RDM main is the problem, not the tools themselves. A BRD/RDM is better at buffing than a RDM/BRD. Why? Because /BRD skill directly influences the quality of the buff, however on the flip side, /RDM BRD receives full potency of certain "required" buffs.

|Same goes with Enfeebling, but that is for another thread.

Fix the mechanics to be more reflective of skill levels, and then talk about adding more tools, no point building a house on a foundation that has fallen apart. The mechanics worked @75, but we are not @75 now, we are at 99, this is the exact same issue we saw them fix with healing magic adjustments. Skills MUST play a part in determining the value of all buffs...and debuffs.

Until that issue is addressed you can add all the tools you want, but BRD/RDM is still going to be more useful than RDM/whatever.
    (4)
    There is no min only max. Or something like that.

Player
    Well all of the spells I listed are built on that idea, where skill would make all the difference with its potency.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Haste / Refresh should get extra duration from additional skill at least.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Cough Enspells
    (2)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Ordoric
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    whm hastega accecion haste rdm haste II based on skill lvl can we agree on that for ballance ?
    (0)
    I think players are broken
    90 whm 90 blm 87 sch 79 drk 75 pld 75 smn 68 sam.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by ManaKing View Post
    Cough Enspells
    Far to week, they need a significant improvement. To prevent SCH from becoming the enspell master the improvement should be a JT / JA native to RDM only. Something like Enspell damage bonus in the 2~3x range, also a large magic accuracy bonus on them as things at 100+ have some serious magic evasion.
    (2)
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I fear the Dev's would sooner take Enspells off the accession list before they give RDM a advantage to doing something better than SCH with there own JA. Even if it's our spell, it's there JA.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrantsyn View Post
    I fear the Dev's would sooner take Enspells off the accession list before they give RDM a advantage to doing something better than SCH with there own JA. Even if it's our spell, it's there JA.
    Whomever said anything about letting them work AoE. Though I'm not against that idea. Honestly SCH as a job should of never been created, it's abilities should of been devided amongst the three current mages (White / Black / Red) with LA/DA/AW/AD going to RDM and most of the charge JA's going to WHM and BLM. But SE was stupid and ended up making RDM non-existent with a single job.
    (2)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast