Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Tactical parry as well. Looking at it pisses me off, it would do better by not being there.
    (1)

Player
    Drain is the equivalent of holy, in fact it's better. It does 300-600 damage for low ass MP. Holy does low damage but costs 100-150 MP, why would you want this? Drain and Drain II are pretty potent dark damage nukes. If you're looking for a dark Ancient Magic spell, Impact is technically that and gives stat down too! Aren't all Dark Magic spells like a 1-1.5 second cast? What good is a Fast Cast trait really? It made sense for BLM since nukes take 5-8seconds to cast but really what Dark Magic spells are there that would really benefit from a FC? Shave like 0.2 seconds off an Absorb spell?(They already cast like in 2 seconds)

Also DRK has Tactical Parry with E skill in Parrying for the same reason DRG has Critical Defense Bonus
    (4)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    Drain is the equivalent of holy, in fact it's better. It does 300-600 damage for low ass MP. Holy does low damage but costs 100-150 MP, why would you want this? Drain and Drain II are pretty potent dark damage nukes. If you're looking for a dark Ancient Magic spell, Impact is technically that and gives stat down too! Aren't all Dark Magic spells like a 1-1.5 second cast? What good is a Fast Cast trait really? It made sense for BLM since nukes take 5-8seconds to cast but really what Dark Magic spells are there that would really benefit from a FC? Shave like 0.2 seconds off an Absorb spell?(They already cast like in 2 seconds)

Also DRK has Tactical Parry with E skill in Parrying for the same reason DRG has Critical Defense Bonus
    I think what the OP means is a dark magic line of nukes like the white magic equivalent of banish, it could be reskinned and based on dark magic tiered I-V and I agree that with should indeed have this. BTW the recast of Drain II is ridiculous this needs to be changed and I wish SE would give drks drain 3, most drks thought they would see this spell somewhere during the climb to 99.
    (0)

Character
    Colliex
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    scrap the elemental magic line for drk, and replace it with more creative dark magic like

Spells:
    Bleed - gradually drains hp from the mob and gradually gives it to the drk
    Absorb speed - steal a portion of the mobs attack speed and adds it to the drk
    Darkness I-V - dark elemental nuke similiar to banish
    Absorb Defense - absorbs mobs defense and adds it to the drk
    Drain III - steal a mobs hp and add it to the drk
    Drainga - steal hp from mobs in an area of effect and add it to the drk
    Soul Spikes - Steals TP from enemies that hits you
    Terror - paralyzes enemies for attacking based on the drk dark magic skill
    Blood Weapon - add a 5% chance that the HP of a physical attack is 100% absorbed
    Dark Sacrifice - drk sacrifice entire mp bar to fill up the drk or a party member's tp bar
    Arcane Curse - takes a bad status ailment and transfer it to the mob
    Arcane Shield - gives one shadow that completely absorbs a magical attack and then turns it into Hp, ineffective agianst aga's
    Absorb Str/Vit/dex/chr/agi/mnd/int II - stronger and stackable with tier I

I can think of tons of dark magic spells that could be implemented instead of elemental magic, I wish SE would consider adding new dark magic to drk and fix our existing magic spells.
    (9)
    Last edited by Cljader1; 11-13-2012 at 03:48 PM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Well for starters the casting time on ALL absorb spells need to be 0.5s like stun, the recasts can be high but the casting time needs to be as low as possible. Then the deterioration effects need to go away, the spell should absorb an amount based purely on the dark magic skill and that about should stay static for 3min or more.

Once those two are done, then we can look at other stuff.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post
    scrap the elemental magic line for drk, and replace it with more creative dark magic like

Spells:
    Blood Weapon - add a 5% chance that the HP of a physical attack is 100% absorbed
    Dark Sacrifice - drk sacrifice entire mp bar to fill up the drk or a party member's tp bar
    Arcane Shield - gives one shadow that completely absorbs a magical attack and then turns it into Hp, ineffective agianst aga's

I can think of tons of dark magic spells that could be implemented instead of elemental magic, I wish SE would consider adding new dark magic to drk and fix our existing magic spells.

okay, these are just really cool ideas.
    (1)

Character
    Silverleaf
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by Cljader1 View Post

Spells:

I really like all of those ideas!!!

and the only real use I can find for elemental nukes as a drk is for laughs, they aren't really any use beyond that.
    (2)

Character
    Iocus
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    IDK...AO worked on dark magic that didn't do damage?
    (0)
    I'm a RequieSCAT-MAN!

Character
    Kurdtray
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Today was an interesting milestone, I actually decided to put scarlet diarrhea to the test. Against Mictulcuahtli I hit sd just before drain and he took half my life. Thing is this only gave me an extra 100 points a swing, and se calls this a good trade? I like the ideas mentioned above, especially arcane curse because nothing would give me greater joy then flinging amnesia back at the bastard who hit me with it. I also like that dark magic spells start to vary based on dark magic skill, because I have worked hard to get my dark magic skill near cap and would love to have some fruits for my labors. T2 absorbs are good idea but stack with t1's isn't, cmon that would be too much and it would have to be recoded so that multi status enfeebs could hit a target, in other words an excuse not to do it exists so they'll just use it and ignore it. Also when is someone gonna bring up mp attack again? Ok I just did but that was my fav ability in FFIX, and it would make entropy much more plausible as a ws. My biggest problem with any dark element magic is that due to se's anti sleep system mobs tend to have super high resist rates to all dark magic spells, fix this while your at it please. Over all good suggestions, but remember se if anything is as intended as scarlet diarrhea's bonus to damage, then perhaps you need to rethink it.
    (0)

Gonna add this again: How about getting rid of that pesky magic casting/recast penalty from Seigan and Hasso.
    (1)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast