Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

AF3 +2 Set Testing

Hey everyone I had some questions about the Scholar Af3 +2. Has anyone had a chance to test the quick cast for the set? I myself have 2 pieces of Af3 +2 thus far, Body and Legs. I have noticed this gives me a small amount of quick cast (the amount for 2 pieces I have no idea) but I was wondering if anyone took the time to test this set/pieces... I am very curious.

I also would like to hear your speculation on the "Enhances addendum" effect on the +2 body. I have a theory, please correct me if you have better info or if this is incorrect. My friend and I were duo-ing Crabs he casts Blizzard 3 for 30 Hp% damage aprox. He does not have +2 bod, I cast Blizzard 4 for 65 Hp% damage the monster still goes after him... My theory is that the bodys "Enhances addendum" Effect occ. gains 0 enmity from a single cast that requires addendum black/white. If you think this is not the case please let me know because i am forced to draw conclusions from my own testing. Considering there is no one thus far to successfully test and analyze the equipment for exact percentages/effects. Like i said please if you have further information please share.
    (0)
    -Kashel of Sylph.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I don't think it is exactly 0, but fairly sure it does decrease enmity gain, and it might just be for spells acquired via addendum. The nice thing though is that SCH has an oft forgotten ability to test this. Run some tests (need about 100 to get a concrete statement) but slap a Libra on it. Both cast the same spell with no gear, libra. Then one casts with the gown and the other a comparable amount of INT and MAB (new mob) then check the enmity levels. It is best to do this with a PLD who has max enmity in order to properly compare enmity levels between the two mages.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    also, your probably using ultimate MM and beyond, he might not have had another -enmity strategem on, where as you had one. when you want to test, do it naked with no enmity gear, no enmity atma or strategems, with identical stats (aka nekkid)
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    I like the SCH EA+2, but the Enhances "Addendum" effect is utter rubbish, they really need to do something better for it.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    I like the SCH EA+2, but the Enhances "Addendum" effect is utter rubbish, they really need to do something better for it.

Considering no one knows exactly what the enhances addendum does, is or how often it activates, we cant really call it utter rubbish just yet. All we know at the moment is it effects enmity (thats the only thing SE has given us thus far) wich is the purpose of this thread to find the exact effect of the +2 body and the +2 set. My hope is that people with the +2 set (or people with some pieces) will test and record there findings to this thread so we can deduct the exact stats the +2 set and "enhances addendum" effect gives.
    (0)
    -Kashel of Sylph.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Just bumping this thread, anyone done more testing and figured the enmity stuff out yet, or on Asura to help me test?
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    Just bumping this thread, anyone done more testing and figured the enmity stuff out yet, or on Asura to help me test?
    Still nothing I'm afraid.

What would you test?
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    My theory requires a PLD and a SCH with Empy+2 body. In all of the tests, the PLD will need capped enmity on the monster. The SCH will need to perform 3 tests (More than 3 to get substantial amount of data, but 3 different types).

1. Naked nuke for a control.
    2. Empy+2 body only nuke with Addendum: Black to test enmity difference.
    3. Full nuke set to test variables.

The absolute key to this test is Libra. Libra works on a % based guessing game of where enmity lies. By yourself you will always have 100% of the mob's enmity. That is why the PLD is key to reach the enmity cap and give us a true 100% level. After each nuke (and I recommend a fresh mob for each recorded enmity level) use Libra and note where you stand in relation to the PLD. Say a naked nuke gives 70% enmity. I theorize that a nuke with Empy+2 may give a result as low as 35% (though probably closer to 50%). The reason for the third test is to see if it is a flat enmity change such as -20, or percentage based such as -50%.

Be mindful of skews to these results if you have +/- enmity merits, such as myself. And by all means, post your findings here. It is easier to split 1 set of results among 50 people, than 50 sets of results from one person.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Altrage
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 90
    Through my uses with it, (not really testing but more observing) you gain less enmity from spells within the appropriate addendums, as I can usually spam elemental spells back to back without delay and never pull hate, if I was to do this on my BLM on the other hand I would probably be dead.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast