Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Player
    Drg/blu is my favorite personally as well. Though sometimes I switch between /rdm also for certain circumstances (needing barspells, sneak, invis, etc). I don't find myself needing refresh very often, because the spells are so low cost. If you can, try to get an Ethereal Earring as well, that things a godsend for dragoons subbing mage. p:
    (0)

Burmecia | DRG | COR | SMN | NIN | PLD | SAM | BRD | RDM |

Character
    Wenceslao
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    When soloing i find more useful /WHM, but its all situational, as in long battles or when fighting a link, you might run out of mp as whm, so a refresh effect could be better than a regen, or if you need a +50% defense for mobs that hits specially hard a /Blu could be the solution, the three subs are good besides preferences.
    (0)

As another new DRG (just hit 30 and got my blue ethereal wings ^^) am I right in thinking that /BLU gives me a quicker way of healing my wyvern via Metallic Body and Spirit Link? It sounds a bit good to be true and my wyvern seems to have the slowest healing hp tick ever!!

I've been /RDM mostly and it's good for cheap spells like poison and quick spells like barstone for triggering HB, but it seems like it'll be much more useful at later levels than it is now. Reading this thread I'll be doing a bit of spell hunting on /BLU this week.
    (0)
    The days of the digital watch are numbered.

With the new Restoring Breath pet ability added its easier than that. Just Spirit Link and then Restoring Breath.
    (0)

Character
    Laciante
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 93
    Restoring Breath is all the way at lvl90 though.
    As for quicker, Metallic Body + Spirit Link is still affected by the recast, but you might be willing to use it more often. /RDM's Stoneskin is a bit stronger, though it comes at a later level.
    /RDM does get a few nice spells later on, but BLU keeps things simple - you won't be caught up casting as much, but you also won't have Dia/Bio, spikes, en-, etc running.
    (0)

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Another added bonus to /BLU is the fact that you can take advantage of chain affinity to easily solo SC light/darkness:

Chain Affinity -> Impulse Drive -> Power Attack -> Drakesbane = light

Chain Affinity -> Drakesbane -> Screwdriver -> Impulse Drive = darkness
    (0)

Character
    Isttahl
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    I love Drg/Blu, its always been my go to sub for doing anything low man or soloing. I always make sure to set spells to give myself auto-regen. As someone mentioned you can set sprout smack and head butt for the added effect. You can also set a few others. Wild Oats for vit down and also sandspin for acc down. Just to name a few. Also remember that by the time the level adjustments are finished we will have haste from /blu

Also if you can get a hold of a twilight mail that will help with any of your solo subs because it will give you refresh. Its not a giant tic, but it should be more then enough to keep up with spell spams.

Right now in abby my favorite atma combo is SS/RR/Apoc or can switch apoc out for another atma if you need a def or want another stat in crease. SS gives you HP major which increases wyvern hps for higher heals.
    (0)

Character
    Mookies
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 90
    Yeah depends on the situation. If your going to get hit by a lot of status ailments, /whm
    need mp or just wanna fast cast /rdm
    alot of soloing and taking damage... /blu

These days, with our wyverns breath ja/ I just go /war and beat it to death before it can say anything...
    (0)
    "One Tarutaru to rule them all..."

Character
    Katz
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 57
    It all depends on what you are soloing and where. There used to be a problem with dungeons that didnt have Tome books. This has now been fixed by their introduction. Its a case of how quick you can kill verses how fast you die. What you have merited also plays a part. Regen, Refresh and Reraises from books helps. If I sub a mage job its usually the fasts low mp expending spell I have to make the wyvern cure me. I usually solo sam for the TP feed and the quicker death to the mobs. This means you dont need to heal yourself as much because you have already killed the mobs. Ultimately its up to your playing style which route you go. There are plenty of solo options with books and food.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3