Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Utsusemi: San?

Dev. Posts

Hybrid View

Player

Utsusemi: San?

BLM got Meteor, WHM got Arise, SMN technically got Odin and Alexander, SCH technically got Embrava and Kaustra.

NIN? Utsusemi: San?
    I don't think I'm wrong in asking for this. Since it's obviously in the game since the Yagudo in TOAU uses it. Make it ridiculous recast for all I care. Just make it attainable somehow.

While I'm at it: Faith and Bravery for RDM.

Just some water to bake your noodle.
    (4)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    sure, why not
    (0)

And the new NIN SP is.... Utsusemi: San! congratulations!
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yagudo in TOAU uses it
    Actually, he doesn't. Utsusemi: San is just one of those spells that's in the game files but never got used, much like Libra (Before it was re-purposed in a JA), Frog, Confuse, and a bunch of BLU spells.

Really, Ninja should get Ni spells and San spells for pretty much every single spell, because not only are enfeebles barely used in endgame play anymore outside of proccing anyway, Ninja's existing Ni spells actually get outdone by tier one white magic equivalents (Slow 1 caps higher than Hojo: Ni etc). The only spell that should not get higher levels without some balance considerations is Migawari, since it's one of the only Ninjutsu spells worth using outside of Utsusemi.

If the pattern continued and Hojo: San ended up being 25% slow (compared to Ichi's ~15% and Ni's ~20%), it'd still be outdone by slow 1 which caps at ~30%, even though it requires an absurd amount of MND (which any good WHM or RDM would have a build for anyway). It certainly would be nothing compared to a 5/5 slow II which caps at 39%. The same can be said for Jubaku VS Paralyze, Kurayami VS Blind.

Extra tiers of Yurin would not be unbalanced because Penance is 25%, whereas Yurin is 10%. Even a San level would assumedly be 20% which is still weaker than Penance.

Aisha sucks.

Also, if there's going to be adjustments to ninjutsu...extend Kakka and Myoshu to 15 minutes and maybe I'll bother casting them.
    (6)
    Last edited by Kincard; 11-03-2012 at 06:45 PM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    Actually, he doesn't. Utsusemi: San is just one of those spells that's in the game files but never got used, much like Libra (Before it was re-purposed in a JA), Frog, Confuse, and a bunch of BLU spells.

Really, Ninja should get Ni spells and San spells for pretty much every single spell, because not only are enfeebles barely used in endgame play anymore outside of proccing anyway, Ninja's existing Ni spells actually get outdone by tier one white magic equivalents (Slow 1 caps higher than Hojo: Ni etc). The only spell that should not get higher levels without some balance considerations is Migawari, since it's one of the only Ninjutsu spells worth using outside of Utsusemi.

If the pattern continued and Hojo: San ended up being 25% slow (compared to Ichi's ~15% and Ni's ~20%), it'd still be outdone by slow 1 which caps at ~30%, even though it requires an absurd amount of MND (which any good WHM or RDM would have a build for anyway). It certainly would be nothing compared to a 5/5 slow II which caps at 39%. The same can be said for Jubaku VS Paralyze, Kurayami VS Blind.

Extra tiers of Yurin would not be unbalanced because Penance is 25%, whereas Yurin is 10%. Even a San level would assumedly be 20% which is still weaker than Penance.

Aisha sucks.

Also, if there's going to be adjustments to ninjutsu...extend Kakka and Myoshu to 15 minutes and maybe I'll bother casting them.
    He does use it. I did further research and on the talk page someone does state that he does use Utsusemi: San as well. I agree with your enhancements to the NIN spells though. Here is my reference to another's testimony: http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/wiki/Ta...t#Testimonials

To save you time: (This is the testimony I read): Its easier than that. They despawn after 20 seconds. They share their initial target with the original, but hate is not linked. Its quite easy for a redmage to diaga and kite them. We only ever saw 4 replicas at any one time; he can use Utsu: San, ranged attacks and most Ninjutsu. --Overdrive Bismark 19:53, 5 June 2007 (CDT)
    (1)
    Last edited by Severence; 11-04-2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Adding info to save time looking.

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I'm sure I sound like a dick saying this, but talk pages (Hell, the main pages...) on FFXIclopedia are pretty notorious for having massive amounts of misinformation. The only thing I can ask for is pictures or it didn't happen, because out of all the times I've helped people fight Gessho, I've never seen him use anything above Utsusemi: Ni. They did use the Utsusemi: San animation for the last (second to last?) Genkai quest, presumably to mock us, but other than that that animation has sat in the game files and collected dust.

I mean, it's possible he uses it, I just think it'd be weird that that single fight would have that spell around but not any other monster in the game. I always assumed they kept it out of the actual game because they didn't want to set any spell parameters (# of shadows) for it yet.

It'll be funny when nin have para III and rdm doesn't.
    Not like it'd matter. Paralyze 1 would probably still be more potent, and both RDM and NIN will still be bench warmers.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    It'll be funny when nin have para III and rdm doesn't.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Back on an old character I used to have [Utsusemi: San] as an auto translate that a nabbed out of some random bazaar comment, but at some point it vanished. I always wondered where it had come from.
    (0)

Greetings ninjas!

I spoke with the development team about the secrets of ninjutsu and brought up your questions. Unfortunately there are no plans at the moment to implement Utsusemi San or add a San tier for every ninjustu that ninjas have access to at level 99. One reason for the latter is that some effects were created on the basis that there would only be an Ichi version of the ninjutsu. They don't want you to feel that ninjutsu that only have Ichi/Ni are incomplete and would like you to understand that at they have been adjusted so that they can elicit good effects for the current state of the game.
    (8)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings ninjas!

I spoke with the development team about the secrets of ninjutsu and brought up your questions. Unfortunately there are no plans at the moment to implement Utsusemi San or add a San tier for every ninjustu that ninjas have access to at level 99. One reason for the latter is that some effects were created on the basis that there would only be an Ichi version of the ninjutsu. They don't want you to feel that ninjutsu that only have Ichi/Ni are incomplete and would like you to understand that at they have been adjusted so that they can elicit good effects for the current state of the game.
    I wish I'd seen this sooner but I do have a request which I hope wouldn't seem to broken. What about Jubaku: Ni? I always thought it strange as we progressed from 75 to 99 that NIN never got access to that spell since we had Hojo and Kurayami Ni.
    (2)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast