Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Utsusemi: San?

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    They gave us an extra shadow on both Ichi and Ni with the AF3+2 boots. San would just be broken lol.
    (0)

Player
    Not really everything spams AoE tp moves that 1 shot hit full up turtle builds. It'd just make soloing on nin vs irrelevant stuff that much easier.

That said thought nin mobs in dyna used to use utsu san.
    (1)

Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'd mostly just like to see Ni/San versions of the newer skills.
    Just because the cast time on Ichi spells is way too long. You lose so much DPS casting Ichis, that most of the time I'd rather not have the buff. [For the new-ish spells]
    (0)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Player
    Honestly: I've always said should get a Dispel and regen scrolls to help more with soloing instead of HAVING to /dnc to solo things. I'm not asking for a Ni or San of every spell, really. Just some of them. Utsusemi: San would be nice just because of the massive amount of mobs that like to wipe shadows. A just in case quick shadows would be nice. Some that could be Ni'd: The sneak scroll that which name escapes me right now. I wanna say Monomi. Jubaku as well.

Also back to my latter reply. The reason I stated him using San was because I witnessed him using it myself when I fought him way before Abyssea was ever even implemented.

And finally. Yay on my first dev reply. Take care guys. Wish Busted.
    (0)

Player
    They should reduce all Ichi spells casting time down to Ni delay like they did with monomi a few years ago.
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post
    They should reduce all Ichi spells casting time down to Ni delay like they did with monomi a few years ago.
    Yes, if we can't have the Ni/San spells, at least do this for every single spell except Utsusemi and Migawari if you feel that its integral to the cost/benefit of those spells. All the other buff spells become completely worthless simply because of their cast times. Even amongst JAs there's some that are seen as not worth using to interrupt your attack rounds, this problem is worse with spells, let alone one that takes 3 seconds to cast even assuming the Ninja is stacking every possible fast cast gear available to them.

Also, Myoshu runs up against the subtle blow cap too easily with Ninja's base subtle blow, an increase of the cap on that trait to 75% or even 90% would be greatly appreciated.

I'm not sure why I'm even bothering though, the dev post is yet another one of those "we'll just pretend the people that already preempted the reasons we'll give and gave counterarguments to them and continue saying 'no' without even bothering to follow the conversation" posts.
    (2)
    Last edited by Kincard; 11-08-2012 at 08:00 PM.

Character
    Snk
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings ninjas!

I spoke with the development team about the secrets of ninjutsu and brought up your questions. Unfortunately there are no plans at the moment to implement Utsusemi San or add a San tier for every ninjustu that ninjas have access to at level 99. One reason for the latter is that some effects were created on the basis that there would only be an Ichi version of the ninjutsu. They don't want you to feel that ninjutsu that only have Ichi/Ni are incomplete and would like you to understand that at they have been adjusted so that they can elicit good effects for the current state of the game.
    I wish I'd seen this sooner but I do have a request which I hope wouldn't seem to broken. What about Jubaku: Ni? I always thought it strange as we progressed from 75 to 99 that NIN never got access to that spell since we had Hojo and Kurayami Ni.
    (2)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    As nice as Jubaku: Ni would be, how useful would it actually be? It'd just fill a gap that's been missing but it actually wouldn't get that much use at all. A shorter-cast Kakka, Myoshu, Yurin and a upgraded subtle blow cap would all see more use than Jubaku: Ni would, especially that first one.

Frankly I'm okay with not getting any more Ninjutsu if they would instead actually fix the job. Ninja is so far behind every other job in pretty much any role bar abyssea (Where everyone is super powerful anyway) it confuses me that there hasn't been a peep about it yet.

Make dual wield exist outside delay cap? I dunno. I'm pretty sure that'd fix the job (And make DNC broken) instantly.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kincard; 11-08-2012 at 10:56 PM.

Player
    In all honesty its more about rebalancing 1h jobs 2h's have a huge advantage against anything high def/vit
    (0)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Even ignoring that, NIN is outclassed by THF and DNC on its own turf (Dual Wielding), which just strikes me as confusing. THFs and DNCs get better JAs and better traits. Look at what NIN is missing compared to those two:

1. Several useful traits (Acc bonus, crit dam bonus, hell, eva bonus)
    2. Powerful DPS JAs (Sneak/trick attack, reverse/building/wild flourish)
    3. No strong weapon skill. Hi, as strong as it is inside Abyssea, is pretty derp outside. It's definately weaker than Exenterator, Rudra's Storm, Mercy Stroke or Chant Du Cygne.

While you may want to counter that with "NIN can debuff and tank!", that doesn't really hold much water because a DNC can also debuff and tank the same mid-level targets with Fan Dance relatively well. Not to mention the solid Cures and Stuns. NIN is also pretty severely limited by its gear choice. In its pursuit of lowering delay as much as possible, NIN loses out on a massive amount of DEX that DNC, THF, and BLU all get along with their Haste.

Out of these three jobs the heirarchy would make more sense as THF bein the top DPS (Since that's basically their only function outside of TH), with NIN and DNC about equal. Instead you have DNC leading the DPS (well, depends on the target I guess) with THF in second and NIN in a very distant third.
    (3)
    Last edited by Kincard; 11-08-2012 at 11:51 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast