Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FFXI Pet Peeves

Player
    Cor's that don't know how to use /echo
    (3)

Player
    FFXI accessing keyboard input by a means that slows the entire OS down to a crawl when you multi-task stuff that uses keyboard input extensively.

Probably related to the reason why the macro bar never shows up reliably at the same time every time you hold alt/ctrl.
    (1)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by woie View Post
    Cor's that don't know how to use /echo
    They know, they don't care.
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Worst of all is they just never listen to what their consumers are trying to tell them. This is a team that is never understand the term of "groundswell", look it up. I think the book is translated to japanese as well. It should become a required reading for the FFXI team. It would serve them great, considering here they have a FREE community feedback from a group of players that pay to play their game and giving these valuable opinion free of charge. Considering these type of focus group can easily cost them $20k-100k, they should be extremely grateful and someone there should gather insight from the community and change they way they are doing things.
    (8)

Character
    Frydanny
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Waiting until Jap Midnight to carry on with Missions/Quests. I understand for item's pup etc but you bring the game to a grinding halt when it come towards trying to do ZILART.
    (8)

Character
    Akutenshi
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Why is it that Scholars still need to use Addendum Black to cast tier IV spells over 90?

Get rid of the stupid lamp order in nyzule isle. Just keep activating all at the same time.

If you can take all jobs to 99, why not increase the amount of meritable weapon skills? At least have five. There are twenty jobs with two more on the way.

Make skill chains and magic bursts more relevant again. Make it so that SC's actually increase damage even more than they do now or make it so that starting a level 1 SC will increase the damage of the weapon skill, magic burst, and SC damage by like 15% each or more for following up with a lvl 2 and even more for following up with a lvl 3.

If you have elemental SC properties, why not give the elemental spells even more boost to damage used when magic bursting?

There are barely any exclusive job abilities anymore.

Make it so we can choose fields of valor augments with say, maybe spend extra points to chose an augment.

Why is it that people cannot enter old content with just one person these days? Salvage, assault, old nyzule etc

Do something WOTG context. No one does walk of echoes flux's before like 12. Content isn't bad per se, but the rewards are horrible. Make it so the older fluxes can be like 3-6 people and scale back the difficulty. Don't put a limit on how often people can enter the threshold, but put a daily limit or two (vanadiel days) on the confluxes a group (random or set) actually finishes to keep people from farming them but give other people a chance to do them after. If you wipe no limit. I would have no problem keeping newer fluxes 36, but scale back the aoe damage so melee have a chance. Content shouldn't be just for pet jobs or ranged.

Make it so you can actually know exactly when a campaign battle will happen. Like a clock or something not that stupid hero meter. Nothing worse then teleporting all over for nothing and wasting time.

Revamp assault missions. I think it's about time. Aht Urghan was probably the best expansion I feel content wise.

That's all off the top of my head after coming back for a month or so cause I have been bored with other things.
    (3)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This is like tons of great concerns and ideas from the player base, people who actually play the game, and probably voicing opinion of others who have the same issues as well. I am hoping in the positive ways that the developer would actually take advantage of the forum and the FREE insight that the players are giving them. It's too bad they don't really know how to take advantage of this valuable information from the community. To think that other companies are spending thousands of dollars just to have access to this type of info...
    (3)

Character
    Frankbrodie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    For the love of whatever deity it is that the devs worship, get rid of the stupid home point reminder every time I zone out of my Mog House having changed jobs.

Really.. I don't care how you do it. It's the #1 thing that has bugged me since my #1 day playing the game..

Time limits in Abyssea.
    I'm paying for a game where you limit content to me to what, 90 mins a day if I have all the abyssites to give me more stones?
    Well go on then, add 18 mins per stone to be pedantic if I have all those abyssites too. . So 144 mins a day. Cheers guys..

Don't get me wrong. I play 6 characters split between 2 accounts . And my main (this one) has 2000 stones spare. It's still not a sensible system though imo.
    (1)
    nunc est bibendum

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2