Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

[dev1065] Any news on further relic, mythic, empyrean adjustments?

First I want to say this thread is not about the requirements to obtain the weapons but rather the weapons themselves, so let's talk about those instead of making another "mythics are impossible" thread, though discussion of opportunity cost is welcome since it's probably appropriate.

As the Dev post from the last REM update stated:

Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein
    Additional planned features, such as equipment-specific magic spells and pets, have been postponed to allow for more thorough testing concerning attributes, the number of potential users and the process by which to obtain them. One consideration is whether to implement such features as another stage of the above upgrades, or to apply them to a different set of equipment. Also under deliberation is whether to limit the availability of such equipment or make it relatively simple to obtain.
    I think the Afterglow might've been a mistake, not because of what it requires, but because it's going to make further trials with said weapons difficult. How are these going to be adjusted? Would they add trials past the Afterglow? That would literally, at this point, affect something like 4 players (I know of 4 afterglows in existence: A Spharai, Verethragna, Caladbolg and Carnwenhan), or, would it be applied as an alternate trial to the 99 weapons. Would these stats then, be added to the afterglow weapon free of charge?

I'd also like to mention that there are many, many REM weapons that are in serious need to rebalancing/adjustment to make them worth obtaining/using at all. Off the top of my head:

Relics: By 99 a lot of these weapons have their niche which is pretty nice. In concept, relics are supposed to be the highest-damage weapons which a lot of them succeed in doing. However I think the following need a boost:
    1. Gungnir - Outdone by Herja's Fork.
    2. Kikoku - Outdone by Kannagi in the majority of situations, but isn't even useful as an offhand like how Thieves can dual wield Mandau/Twash or DNCs with Terp/Twash. No, Kikoku/Kannagi doesn't count.

Empyreans:
    1. Redemption - Outdone by...a lot of things.
    2. Rhongomiant - Like Gungnir, outdone by Herja's Fork. Outdone by OAT TotM.
    The above two weapons can have a lot of problems fixed if their respective weapon skills get some sort of boost.

Mythics: Oh boy, here we go.
    1. Laevateinn - While it is the best Meteor staff, I don't think it's unreasonable to make this better than the TotM staves. I believe an iridal staff-level % boost would be more than enough to make it perfect.
    2. Murgleis - Hurray for a 600M macro-in sword for convert. Make this weapon affect enhancing magic and enfeebling magic potency in some way and it'll be pretty useful, I think.
    3. Vajra - The delay is too damn high. Increase the SA/TA boost even higher, and strengthen Mandalic Stab.
    4. Gastraphetes - Accuracy is useless unless it breaks the cap. Make it increase barrage damage instead. Make AM3 multihit instead of OD23. Since Trueflight is magic-based add Magic-based stats onto the weapon. Lower the delay by a great deal.
    5. Nagi - Need to increase Blade: Kamu's strength to something like 3x of what it is right now. Magic accuracy and enmity pointless with the way game is structured. Weapon delay is too high. Give it a more appropriate job-related boost like an extra Utsusemi shadow, a unique ninjutsu spell, or a dual wield enhancement.
    6. Tupsimati - Increase magic attack bonus and magic accuracy. Add Iridal staff stats, including Iridescence, to the staff.
    (3)
    Last edited by Kincard; 11-01-2012 at 05:24 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard View Post
    First I want to say this thread is not about the requirements to obtain the weapons but rather the weapons themselves, so let's talk about those instead of making another "mythics are impossible" thread, though discussion of opportunity cost is welcome since it's probably appropriate.

As the Dev post from the last REM update stated:

I think the Afterglow might've been a mistake, not because of what it requires, but because it's going to make further trials with said weapons difficult. How are these going to be adjusted? Would they add trials past the Afterglow? That would literally, at this point, affect something like 4 players (I know of 4 afterglows in existence: A Spharai, Verethragna, Caladbolg and Carnwenhan), or, would it be applied as an alternate trial to the 99 weapons. Would these stats then, be added to the afterglow weapon free of charge?
    O.O who afterglowed a Cala ;0

:
    1. Gungnir - Outdone by Herja's Fork.
    Where do you get the info that Herja> Gungnir? Last time when I mess with DRG spreadsheet, I got higher number with Gnugnir 99. In fact, it's better than Mythic AM3 if hitrate is uncapped. Any DRG is free to point out if I'm doing wrong with spreadsheet though.

Mythics: Oh boy, here we go.
    1. Laevateinn - While it is the best Meteor staff, I don't think it's unreasonable to make this better than the TotM staves. I believe an iridal staff-level % boost would be more than enough to make it perfect.
    2. Murgleis - Hurray for a 600M macro-in sword for convert. Make this weapon affect enhancing magic and enfeebling magic potency in some way and it'll be pretty useful, I think.
    3. Vajra - The delay is too damn high. Increase the SA/TA boost even higher, and strengthen Mandalic Stab.
    4. Gastraphetes - Accuracy is useless unless it breaks the cap. Make it increase barrage damage instead. Make AM3 multihit instead of OD23. Since Trueflight is magic-based add Magic-based stats onto the weapon. Lower the delay by a great deal.
    5. Nagi - Need to increase Blade: Kamu's strength to something like 3x of what it is right now. Magic accuracy and enmity pointless with the way game is structured. Weapon delay is too high. Give it a more appropriate job-related boost like an extra Utsusemi shadow, a unique ninjutsu spell, or a dual wield enhancement.
    6. Tupsimati - Increase magic attack bonus and magic accuracy. Add Iridal staff stats, including Iridescence, to the staff.
    I also have to point out there are serious problem in Mythic weapon Death Penalty. It's inferior to an Arma in most of the situations.

Mythic WS is inferior magical WS to WF and you can't even enhance the dmg unless the target has something to dispel, which is rarely. It's also inferior to an Arma for last stand spam, lacking 20 AGI and lower base dmg. QD dmg boost based by % is meh, when majority of QD dmg is low to begin with. Majority of the NM with higher MDB you're looking at 400 to 640 QD dmg boost to begin with. 200~300 dmg difference every 40 sec, and you sacrifice way more WS dmg with lower base dmg and no AGI on gun. Any situation you can do 800~900 QD you're better off with WF. This weapon's AM3, and in fact all ranged Mythic weapon AM3 is extremely bad compare with melee. What's the point to deal double or triple dmg per shot when TP phrase is only 6% of dmg, and you need to sacrifice a tones of WS dmg(which is about 80% of dmg) to activate it? Why can't ranged AM3 be like melee, shoot twice or 3 times and let it proc on WS? Not having AGI on it also means lower acc if you're in legion, unless you sacrifice precious AM for it, which is completely not worth it.

And if you're somehow meleeing for TP with capped haste buff spamming last stand/exen, QD dmg+ is also meh due to JA delay slow down TP gain and melee DPS, so you're still better off using an arma for bigger WS dmg.

This gun wouldn't outparse Arma 99 in VW, nor legion, nor majority of content. This weapon needs something else on it, something like QD debuff, or extra QD charge, or something phantom roll related. Otherwise it will just be an inferior DD weapon in most of the situations living under Arma's shadow. I'd say giving DP QD debuff or extra QD charge is probably the best choice.
    (0)
    Last edited by Afania; 11-01-2012 at 10:08 PM.

Character
    Greffex
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Bravura needs adjusting to keep up with ukon in dps it is to far behind, at the point were even some linkshells won't let you bring war along if it has one.

Gungnir needs a new aftermath at the very least, but i agree it needs some adjusting.

Amano could do with a new aftermath also.
    (0)

Player
    New Excalibur Aftermath would be nice as well. At 75 the Regen was kinda cool, now... not so much.
    (0)

Character
    Greffex
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    I forgot about excal aswell yes add that to the list.
    (0)