Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Sublimation and Campaign Battles?

Alright, bug ive been seeing both on PC and Xbox platforms on ffxi for a while now. Currently i am DRG/SCH and after campaign battle, sometimes my long time charged sublimation get whiped with my allied tags when a battle ends. Ill submit a more detailed report soon while i do more testing but it occurs with both "Sublimation: Active" and "Sublimation: Complete" effects on sylph at least. If anyone else can offer more information toward this also to confirm its a problem, or if its just me having this happen, that would be great.
    (0)

Character
    Mephista
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    It's been about since scholar and campaign where released
    (0)

It's about time they fixed it, then!
    (1)

Hello Crimson_Slasher,

We appreciate your reporting this. To help us investigate this matter further, please create a new post with the following details:

Platform:
    ISP:
    Type of Internet Connection:
    Internet Connection Speed:
    Date & Time:
    Frequency:
    Character Name:
    Race:
    World:
    Main Job:
    Support Job:
    Area and Coordinates:
    Party or Solo:
    Steps:
    <*Add more steps if necessary.>

We thank you for your time, Crimson Slasher, and hope to hear from you soon. Have a good day!

~GM Baudle
    (0)

Greetings!

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson_Slasher View Post
    Alright, bug ive been seeing both on PC and Xbox platforms on ffxi for a while now. Currently i am DRG/SCH and after campaign battle, sometimes my long time charged sublimation get whiped with my allied tags when a battle ends. Ill submit a more detailed report soon while i do more testing but it occurs with both "Sublimation: Active" and "Sublimation: Complete" effects on sylph at least. If anyone else can offer more information toward this also to confirm its a problem, or if its just me having this happen, that would be great.
    We confirmed with the development team that this is actually a feature of the game and working as intended. When a campaign battle finishes all DoT damage statuses (Dia, Bio, etc.) are reset, and there are no plans to adjust this.
    (2)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings!

We confirmed with the development team that this is actually a feature of the game and working as intended. When a campaign battle finishes all DoT damage statuses (Dia, Bio, etc.) are reset, and there are no plans to adjust this.
    Given that Sublimation: Complete doesn't do damage, having it get wiped sure sounds like a bug to me. Also, given that the purpose of the DoT wipe is so that you don't drop dead from Campaign DoT after the battle is over, and Sublimation: Active cannot kill you (it stops converting when your HP drops too low), having it be wiped is just a mistake--an overly literal interpretation of a previously decided directive, like a machine would make. Please reconsider.
    (21)

Character
    Waldrich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The future of this gams is so questionable... imho...
    (2)

Forgive my brazilian english, if that matter.

Greetings!
    The key difference though, is that Sublimation is a self-inflicted status that is usually beneficial to the player, and it can be manually cancelled at any time. Grouping Sublimation together with detrimental status effects such as Bio and Dia (which cannot be manually turned off, like Sublimation can) makes very very very very little sense.

Sublimation and involuntary DoT effects are not comparable at all. I think the development team should reconsider this decision, as it doesn't make a lot of sense. Unless they want Sublimation to be a worse ability in Campaign than it is outside of Campaign. In that case, why is that?
    (7)
    Last edited by Mirage; 11-07-2012 at 08:14 AM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Greetings!
    Um, can they please apply this feature to other aspects of the game? It's really annoying (and deadly) that so many DOTs and debuffs last long after the enemy in question has been defeated.
    (1)

Character
    Nyerieri
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Working as intended... no pun intended
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast