Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    Yeah, I wonder why! I bet “Data Mining” being a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement wouldn't have anything to do with that. ^^;

Not being a smarty one, just saying that I can't imagine someone seriously expecting information on something that has been discovered in such a way... heh!

ANYblue!
    Personally, I don't have a clue how to dat mine, but others do and post their findings. If you read any other FFXI forum, you'll see dat mining's being published, notably after updates. SE has to be well aware of this. In any case, a youtube video was posted in October of last year that contained what appeared to be an animation for Tier III March, among other interesting things (this was back in the time of Meteor/Arise being announced, etc.)

Basically, I'm just annoyed that it took over a year to get any kind of response regarding an inquiry into this. And then to get a response saying that March III is being planned on implemented but...

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    However, this is a ways off,
    It's terribly unspecific, just like they said with Massacre Elegy ages ago. As players that pay by the month for FFXI, we deserve to be given more precise dates and information on content that will eventually be produced for it.
    (0)

Character
    Grievor
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    They also planned to make light arts allow regen to be casted on alliance parties...soooo yeaaaaah... and remember the spell to remove charm?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    So by that extend all DD gears/relic/empy/mythic should be obtainable by everyone right?

What's wrong with certain gear/spell not everyone can get? They didn't even say "most" player can't get it, only said "not everyone" can get it. There isn't anything wrong that hardcore, dedicated BRD stands out and performs better than a bandwagon BRD who lv the job and sing half naked.
    Putting aside the fact that all those empy/relic blah blah items actually are obtainable by everyone through varying degrees of effort which is calculable beyond random chance.....

How exactly does bashing your head against the same wall repeatedly hoping that today might be your lucky day reflect in any way your dedication to any job in this game? What a ridiculous thought. My corsair who's only existence is to attempt to get gear from VW for my thief and yet never has any "luck" with any relevant gear regardless of the time consumed and effort put forth would like a word.

I like fun in my video games, not arbitrary barriers.

Unless Camate is misrepresenting the plan, suggesting "not everyone" stinks a lot of arbitrary randomness, not dedication.
    (6)
    Last edited by Phogg; 11-07-2012 at 04:54 PM.

Player
    When the dev team says a spell, ability, etc. is way off, I am betting they are saving a lot of those savory things we've wanted for Seekers of Adoulin.
    (1)

Character
    Kaliyah
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AceTaru View Post
    I think a spell like Regain. 10 ticks w/ max enhancing for rdm would do wonders. Add regain brd songs, and buff the attack speed, attack, and defense songs on bard.
    Don't necessarily agree with the potency of this spell, and also due tot he fact that Sch (a tactition based AoE enhancing job) already has a regain spell that should have an increasing tp/tick based on enhancing skill anyway instead of a independent 1tp/tick no matter what spell. While I can agree that rdm needs its own fixes, I don't think it should be trampling on a job that already has a version of the spell in its arsenal...after all...this is one of the ways they destroyed rdm in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Regain Ill agree with but March, eh. So far as I know using AMarch+VMarch(Marcato)=Magic Haste Cap with BRD alone so long as you have the gear, which seems about how it should be in my opinion. With another song it would probably be to easy to hit magic haste cap, which also lowers the value of Gjallarhorn.
    I believe the point behind this is to give brds the option to use haste + another song instead of double haste songs as the effect would be more potent then the prior two.
    (1)

Player
    If Haste II becomes a reality please make it RDM only.
    Also if it's not too much to ask can RDM receive the spell "Quick"? The effect would be it grants Quicken effect to boost movement speed. Since BRD COR and SMN all have Movement Speed+ rolls,songs and bloodpacts:wards, I don't see why RDM can't have a White Magic version of enhanced movement speed.
    (3)

Shouldn't quick rather add a high chance of instant-cast for spells for a period of time, or set number of spells?

I also think Haste 2 should be RDM exclusive. I also think it should be accessionable, or at the very least, make Haste 1 accessionable while Haste 2 wasn't.

Perhaps Haste 2 + March 3 should cap magical haste, while March 3 + March 2 didn't quite make it. That would allow bards to replace a march with some other song whenever a RDM was in the group, which could increase the demand for RDMs.

Also, if Haste 2 becomes a reality, don't forget Hastega 2 for Garuda!
    (2)

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    As for Haste II for RDM, not sure if they want to be invited for haste only similar to what RDM was used for during ToAU merit party, haste and refresh monkey.
    Yes, actually, we do. Any sort of excuse to get into a party is a good one. We were always able to do tons of other helpful things between casting Refresh and Haste, but in order to contribute most of those things, we need to be in the alliance first.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    Personally, I don't have a clue how to dat mine, but others do and post their findings. If you read any other FFXI forum, you'll see dat mining's being published, notably after updates. SE has to be well aware of this. In any case, a youtube video was posted in October of last year that contained what appeared to be an animation for Tier III March, among other interesting things (this was back in the time of Meteor/Arise being announced, etc.)
    Yeah, it has been going on forever, they know about it, and it has been and is being discussed around here as well without them doing anything about it, fancy that.

My point is that I'm not surprised they have not been responding to information acquired that way. That's all. ^^

On another note, Haste II does seem interesting... Too bad I haven't really played Red Mage since 75 or so, since I tend to do everything I do more efficiently on other jobs. :\
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoy View Post
    My point is that I'm not surprised they have not been responding to information acquired that way. That's all. ^^
    Doing so implies that they approve the use of 3rd party tools as those are the only way to do it. Silence without removing talk of it on the official forums however implies the same thing but I don't think they see it that way.
    (0)

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast