Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Ryce
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    A RDM regain spell sounds good to me. It's not gonna be 10TP/tic, but 2TP... maybe up to 4 with some exclusive gear? This doesn't mean they cannot refine what Scholars can do, but if RDM is resigned to the "do everything but nothing well" role, then it should have a form of regain.
    (3)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'd bet the Regain spell would be Scholar exclusive (given Adloquium). Red Mage would get Haste II exclusive. Bard would get Champion's March. These would be the Meteors and Arises for the respective jobs.

For mages that leaves Summoner (Cait Sith/Atomos?) and Blue Mage (new HNM spells?).
    (2)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Phogg View Post
    Then why bother? What is with this fascination of the developers to make things so unattainable to most people? Just to piss most people off? Ridiculous.
    So by that extend all DD gears/relic/empy/mythic should be obtainable by everyone right?

What's wrong with certain gear/spell not everyone can get? They didn't even say "most" player can't get it, only said "not everyone" can get it. There isn't anything wrong that hardcore, dedicated BRD stands out and performs better than a bandwagon BRD who lv the job and sing half naked.
    (5)

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    This might be possible, but in order to avoid another situation like Embrava it would require some thinking to implement it properly. While nothing has been decided as of yet, we’d like to add Haste II in this case.
    I'd honestly rather have some decent monster special move affecting enfeebles instead. There's nothing as dull as being invited for one single spell. Even worse when it goes and gets nerfed, or just made obsolete.

We are planning to add a higher tier March in the future. However, this is a ways off, and this would be a song that not everyone would be able to get.
    So does this mean "category 3 merits", or does this mean "equipment-specific ability", or "we haven't even decided that yet, that's why it's so far in the future"?
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°·

Quote Originally Posted by Creelo View Post
    Edit: Would just like to add that I'm annoyed with how I've been asking what the hell was up with the new March animation found in the dats ages ago in the Bard Job forums, and it wasn't until now that a response was actually given. :/

Edit 2: Whoops, I didn't properly edit last post, sorry! x.x
    Yeah, I wonder why! I bet “Data Mining” being a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement wouldn't have anything to do with that. ^^;

Not being a smarty one, just saying that I can't imagine someone seriously expecting information on something that has been discovered in such a way... heh!

ANYblue!

We are planning to add a higher tier March in the future. However, this is a ways off, and this would be a song that not everyone would be able to get.

As for a Regain song, we do not have any plans of implementing one.
    While I sort of understand, I don't understand.
    Understand?

It's fine if it means it can't be purchased from the next corner-shop, but items that are outright not obtainable, do not make the game more fun or challenging. Carrot and a stick? No thank you, not that kind of a carrot.

まーまーまー
    (1)
    ...or so the legend says.

Hey Camate

While we are on the topic of songs for BRD... whatever happened to the positive responses you posted from the dev team about Massacre Elegy being given to players (potentially as a gjallarhorn only song)?

Topic was quite a while ago (08-13-2011 06:27 AM) http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...l=1#post168159

Howdy! Here's some love for bards

Will Massacre Elegy be added?
    We have plans to. However, when considering the stats, we are planning to make it so this isn’t a song that can be used by just anyone.
    Could the dev team also consider some of the following for brd songs?
    Snapshot
    Magic attack
    Fast cast
    Something for pets (pet regen/haste/att/def/etc?)
    New tier of Hymnus (Reraise 2 or 3 (can share timer with current Hymnus)
    BRD equivalent of Arise (if person dies, the get up and have reraise status)

I dont believe the BRD arise would be too overly powered.. considering you'd be giving up a chunk of potential dmg for it (and could maybe put it on the 99 darubala?), and would be useful in those "mob is going to one shot us with every goddamn tp move" moments.

I understand that the buffs may not be as strong as cor rolls due to cast/recast times of songs vs phantom rolls but would be nice to expand BRD's versatility a bit. As it stands, BRD has no useful buffs to help certain jobs (like mages in aby or voidwatch.... or bsts in general lol. And other than maybe AGI/prelude nothing decent for rng either)
    (4)
    Last edited by Mayoyama; 11-07-2012 at 07:46 AM.
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Sasaraixx
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

This might be possible, but in order to avoid another situation like Embrava it would require some thinking to implement it properly. While nothing has been decided as of yet, we’d like to add Haste II in this case.
    Camate, could you please remind the Dev Team that we already have Aldoquium and we have been asking for an increase to 2TP ever since it was released.
    (9)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    a song that not everyone would be able to get
    Please don't do this again.
    (19)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sasaraixx View Post
    Camate, could you please remind the Dev Team that we already have Aldoquium and we have been asking for an increase to 2TP ever since it was released.
    I second this motion.
    (6)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    I'd bet the Regain spell would be Scholar exclusive (given Adloquium). Red Mage would get Haste II exclusive. Bard would get Champion's March. These would be the Meteors and Arises for the respective jobs.

For mages that leaves Summoner (Cait Sith/Atomos?) and Blue Mage (new HNM spells?).
    Nice, hope this happens. Might as well give Nin, Drk, and Pld something similar too. Blu = Spike Flail
    (0)

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast